The Moulds situation

Dawgg

Moulds is suspended--Adams was suspended.  Who next?  You just sense Mularkey has no control over this team and that he is losing the players.  Do they want to play for him?????

523865[/snapback]

I would have to say that they are taking control of the locker room from the likes of sam adams and eric moulds, there are alot of young players in there that don't need to follow their path if playing in the nfl is a career goal.......Hopfully the young guys will come out and seize the chance to play and kick the crap out of n.e ............we'll find out sunday.......

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like you already agree on a lack of paragraphs.  :doh:

(trying to lighten things up)  B-)

523894[/snapback]

hah thanks. its so frustrating that we have to go through a constant teasing of hope that we will get to the promised land and then TD successfully gives us a case of the blue balls for playoffs. and that mularkey is a joke for a coach who basically hates his best players. wow. never thought i would see the day.

I would advise a heavy dosage of alcoholic beverages to those intending on watching the next 4 games...If not alcohol, an alternative mind altering substance, preferably a Hallucinogen that would successfully give the false impression that you are watching a quality NFL Organization... B-)

523870[/snapback]

hahahahahahahahahahahaha. i swear i am going histerical. what kind of coach suspends the number one receiver because he privately disagreed with him?? what a pussyfoot. my god. thi ssunday is gonna be so funny to watch.

hah thanks. its so frustrating that we have to go through a constant teasing of hope that we will get to the promised land and then TD successfully gives us a case of the blue balls for playoffs. and that mularkey is a joke for a coach who basically hates his best players. wow. never thought i would see the day.

523897[/snapback]

How old are you?

This is nothing new with this organization, my friend.

In fact, this is S.O.P.

How old are you?

This is nothing new with this organization, my friend.

In fact, this is S.O.P.

523905[/snapback]

yeah i know it isnt new but its just gotten to a climax at this point. im 23. yea i know you've probably endured a lot more especially during the 80's before the kelly days. i bet it must have been sweet when we went 4 times in a row for you after waiting so long. whats s.o.p?

Did I miss something?  Did Moulds start fights in the locker room?  Did Moulds publicly and repeatedly call his QB "gay"?  As far as I can tell, he's getting punished like Owens for privately questioning the game plan on the sidelines?

B-)  Even if Moulds is guilty of something, there's something seriously wrong with management, to take an issue that Moulds at LEAST was handling privately and with discretion (since, if he weren't, we'd have a better idea what was going on), and turning it into a public punishment. 

And this is REALLY going to motivate the team.  Anyone think we'll beat New England after this?

523833[/snapback]

Well, there was this public statement:

Moulds did question why they didn't run the ball more to run down the clock in the second half. The game's momentum turned when Bills quarterback J.P. Losman threw an interception on first-and-goal from the 3 late in the third quarter.

"You're up 21-0, you've got to be able to pound the football and ... wear them down," Moulds said. "We had some spread formations, trying to do some crazy stuff and turning the ball over, keeping the defense on the field for God knows how long. You can't win a game like that."

Linky-poo

But your point is well taken.

Well, there was this public statement:

Linky-poo

But your point is well taken.

523940[/snapback]

Okay, he's being suspended for making a public statement questioning Wile E. Coyote's game plan...him, a receiver, questioning why they didn't try to run the ball more to win the game.

And for that he's suspended?

Yeah, that's much better... :devil:

Just as I suspected, Mularkey didn't say much at the press conference. Moulds has a meeting with Wilson tomorrow.

So Mularkey now denies trying to suspend him. What happened is Ralph Wilson did not approve the suspension for Moulds. How do you feel now Mike?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-b...ov=ap&type=lgns

Okay, he's being suspended for making a public statement questioning Wile E. Coyote's game plan...him, a receiver, questioning why they didn't try to run the ball more to win the game.

And for that he's suspended?

Yeah, that's much better...  :devil:

524355[/snapback]

You can't air your laundry in public like that! Didn't you see the Godfather slap Sonny in the face and say, "What's the matter with you!! Don't ever let somebody outside the family know what you're thinking!!"

And ultimately, Sonny got cut down at the toll booth. Moulds will just get cut.

You can't air your laundry in public like that!  Didn't you see the Godfather slap Sonny in the face and say, "What's the matter with you!!  Don't ever let somebody outside the family know what you're thinking!!"

And ultimately, Sonny got cut down at the toll booth.  Moulds will just get cut.

524369[/snapback]

Wow do you have THAT all screwed-up. Sonny was not wacked by the Corleone's.

You know what, perhaps this is just another example of Mularkey's strategic genius at work. He fake-suspends Moulds so the Pats will think they have to plan a game around Evans as primary receiver, Ralph "declines," and then Moulds actually plays and burns the Pats! No doubt Moulds is just playing along for maximum effect. 2% edge indeed! :devil:

There are 147 Wideouts in the NFL with a better Yards Per Catch average than Eric Moulds, yet he's the 4th highest paid Wide Receiver in football.

Nostaligia is the single biggest cap killer, even surpassing poor draft and FA decisions.

who I will not name.

1. Moulds was not in the game plan period.  This was established days before the game.

2. Moulds asked the coaches what the deal was.  Coach said this gave them best chance to win.

3. Moulds suggested that if he is merely a decoy, he should be benched.

4. Coach got angry and benched him.

5. Moulds has since been suspended.

Perhaps this is no new information, but wanted to pass this along.

523306[/snapback]

If this is true, you have to wonder why he would even be a decoy. What's the point? Mularkey and Moulds have a meeting tomorrow with owner Ralph Wilson. Hopefully the outcome will turn out alright for everyone.

You can't air your laundry in public like that! 

So the front office calls attention to it by suspending him - not just suspending him, but dithering over it for a few days so it gets plenty of media play and turns into a soap opera? Like I said elsewhere...even if Moulds did deserve it, that doesn't mean the front office handled it well.

Didn't you see the Godfather slap Sonny in the face and say, "What's the matter with you!!  Don't ever let somebody outside the family know what you're thinking!!"

And ultimately, Sonny got cut down at the toll booth.  Moulds will just get cut.

524369[/snapback]

Of course, Don Corleone slapped Johnny Fontane and said "What's the matter with you!!" He was perfectly calm and reasonable when he told Sonny "Don't ever let somebody outside the family know what you're thinking!!"

And ultimately, both Sonny and Vito Corleone were gunned down... :devil: