Here is a bit of rational thinking

JPL7

Clements, Nate CB (certainly is not worth "top corner money" but if he comes at a reasonable price, u certainly keep him. NC is not as terrible as everyone acts like he is on this board. Though he partially brought the vilification on to himself with him saying he wants top corner money. You want top corner money, play at least like an above average corner. Not middle of the pack corner, like you have been. if he wants to hold out for the big deal, either let him go or franchise him and trade for 2nd rounder)

Greer, Jabari CB (keep him, still young and learning the pro game and is cheap)

King, Eric CB (see above)

Thomas, Kevin CB (unless you can find someone better via FA or the draft, u keep him. lets see what he can do if hes healthy)

McGee, Terrence CB (nice to have him locked up)

Kelsay, Chris DE (keep for depth if nothing else. not sure who we could get out on the FA wire or in the draft to replae him as a starter. certainly not a position of need to use a first day of the draft pick on. if hes a starter in 06, i wont be disappointed)

Denney, Ryan DE (keep for depth purposes and is cheap)

Schobel, Aaron DE (nice to have him locked up also, needs to show more consistency though)

Sape, Lauvale DT (i can live with or without)

Adams, Sam DT (adios.... we need to draft a DT with one of our first two picks)

Edwards, Ron DT (will be back, but he isnt worth a major deal by any means, like i believe he thought)

Anderson, Tim DT (keep, still young and learning)

Bannan, Justin DT (can serve as another depth player, but if someone is out there who is better, he can be replaced)

Jefferson, Jason DT (See Sape above)

Shelton, Daimon FB (will be back, not blowing up the wholes like we would like, but there many fullbacks out there who can, particularly with the god awful o-line we have not helping either)

Burns, Joe FB/RB (live with or without)

Lindell, Rian K (playing much better then last year, so we shall keep)

Spikes, Takeo LB (leader of the D, of course he will be back)

Posey, Jeff LB (dump him and his salary, have crowell be the starter)

Haggan, Mario LB (solid backup and great special teamer, keep)

Ezekiel, Liam LB (anyone know any reason to get rid of him??)

Fletcher, London LB (has been our best player on a weak defense this year)

Crowell, Angelo LB (get rid of posey, he should start)

Stamer, Josh LB (Ditto of Haggan)

Schneck, Mike LS (who??, see yah)

Villarrial, Chris OL (keep for one more year, nobody else out there will bring enough bang for the buck like Chris)

Williams, Mike OL (not 100% sure about what his cap hit would be if we cut him, but he certainly should not be making the money he is. for the money he makes currently, he needs to either be let go or completely restructure his deal)

Teague, Trey OL (peace dude)

Anderson, Bennie OL (who else do we bring in? if someone is out there, he is certainly replacable)

Gandy, Mike OL (see above or move him to Guard)

Jerman, Greg OL (still cant believe he is still on the team, get the hell out)

Geisinger, Justin OL (i thought he got cut already? ehh, keep him for cheap depth)

Preston, Duke OL (our staring center next year?!)

Peters, Jason OL (keep, has played decently, still cant believe we have him at LEFT Tackle! that should tell u something about Big Mike)

Moorman, Brian P (all pro, u dont cut him)

Losman, JP QB (future of the team)

Matthews, Shane QB (he wont be back, find a young QB to ride the pine and come cheap)

Holcomb, Kelly QB (keep for an insurance to JP)

Gates, Lionel RB (id like to see him back)

McGahee, Willis RB (needs to find his burst again, but certainly coming back as our starter next year)

Williams, Shaud RB (thought he would be a solid 3rd down or change of pace back, not working out consistently, should be cut)

Wire, Coy S (cut)

Vincent, Troy S (played solid, should be back for one more year)

Baker, Rashad S (solid backup, keep for depth)

Leonhard, Jim S (see above)

Milloy, Lawyer S (not the player he once was, needs to either restructure his deal or be let go if a replacable player is out there. if he isback next year, i will be fine with that)

Neufeld, Ryan TE (see yah)

Campbell, Mark TE (will be back)

Everett, Kevin TE (eager to see what he can do next season)

Euhus, Tim TE (keep for depth, would like to see him get more time and passes his way)

Reed, Josh WR (this was probably his best pro season as of yet. should sign fairly cheap, if he isnt willing to sign for a reasonable tag, take a hike. but i believe he will and should be back)

Aiken, Sam WR (underachiever, looks like he could be gone)

Evans, Lee WR (with a solid WR next to him, should have a big year next season)

Wilson, George WR (does it really matter what we do with him? can live with or without)

Smith, Jonathan WR (unless someone comes in and impresses, freddie will be back as a number 4 or 5 WR)

Moulds, Eric WR (sounds like he wont be back next year, we could use the cap space anyway)

Parrish, Roscoe WR (looking forward to seeing him throughout an entire season next year. will be a great #3 WR)

PRACTICE SQUAD

Oglesby, Evan CB (??)

Lee, Rob CB (??)

Ritzmann, Constantin (bring back, could make the team next season)

Goldsberry, Jon FB (takes burns spot??)

Hunter, Wendell LB (??)

Ogden, Marques OL (probably sucks! think about it, hes on the practice squad for our o-line. thats all i need to hear)

Esposito, Jasen OL (see above)

McFarland, Dylan OT (again)

Cieslak, Brad TE (who cares)

INJURED RESERVE

Brantley, Kellen LB (??)

Smith, Lawrence OL (bring back for depth))

Sobieski, Ben OL (bye)

Vann, LaDaris WR (see yah)

Priority of needs:

Hit the FA market for one marquee and one above average O-Linemen. Look to the draft for an OT with our first round pick. Plenty of them avaliable this year, grab a future all pro. The line needs an overhaul!! Second round pick should be a DT. Use the two the 3rd rounders to get a DE and WR. The free agent wire should be a real key to rebuilding(yes we are rebuilding). Find established guys at CB, we need a new # 1 or 2 WR, O-line, DE. Get a guy like Travis Minor for a change of pace back to give Willis a break.

Time to get a new offensive coordinator also and Donahoe must go. Is Modrak any better? Who knows? I think we need to stay inside the organazation, thus leaving Modrak as the only true candidate.

More to come.....

Clements, Nate CB (certainly is not worth "top corner money" but if he comes at a reasonable price, u certainly keep him.  NC is not as terrible as everyone acts like he is on this board. Though he partially brought the vilification on to himself with him saying he wants top corner money. You want top corner money, play at least like an above average corner. Not middle of the pack corner, like you have been. if he wants to hold out for the big deal, either let him go or franchise him and trade for 2nd rounder)

Greer, Jabari CB (keep him, still young and learning the pro game and is cheap)

King, Eric CB (see above)

Thomas, Kevin CB (unless you can find someone better via FA or the draft, u keep him. lets see what he can do if hes healthy)

McGee, Terrence CB (nice to have him locked up)

Kelsay, Chris DE (keep for depth if nothing else.  not sure who we could get out on the FA wire or in the draft to replae him as a starter. certainly not a position of need to use a first day of the draft pick on. if hes a starter in 06, i wont be disappointed)

Denney, Ryan DE  (keep for depth purposes and is cheap)

Schobel, Aaron DE (nice to have him locked up also, needs to show more consistency though)

Sape, Lauvale DT (i can live with or without)

Adams, Sam DT (adios.... we need to draft a DT with one of our first two picks)

Edwards, Ron DT (will be back, but he isnt worth a major deal by any means, like i believe he thought)

Anderson, Tim DT (keep, still young and learning)

Bannan, Justin DT (can serve as another depth player, but if someone is out there who is better, he can be replaced)

Jefferson, Jason DT (See Sape above)

Shelton, Daimon FB (will be back, not blowing up the wholes like we would like, but there many fullbacks out there who can, particularly with the god awful o-line we have not helping either)

Burns, Joe FB/RB (live with or without)

Lindell, Rian K (playing much better then last year, so we shall keep)

Spikes, Takeo LB (leader of the D, of course he will be back)

Posey, Jeff LB (dump him and his salary, have crowell be the starter)

Haggan, Mario LB (solid backup and great special teamer, keep)

Ezekiel, Liam LB (anyone know any reason to get rid of him??)

Fletcher, London LB (has been our best player on a weak defense this year)

Crowell, Angelo LB (get rid of posey, he should start)

Stamer, Josh LB (Ditto of Haggan)

Schneck, Mike LS (who??, see yah)

Villarrial, Chris OL (keep for one more year, nobody else out there will bring enough bang for the buck like Chris)

Williams, Mike OL (not 100% sure about what his cap hit would be if we cut him, but he certainly should not be making the money he is. for the money he makes currently, he needs to either be let go or completely restructure his deal)

Teague, Trey OL (peace dude)

Anderson, Bennie OL (who else do we bring in? if someone is out there, he is certainly replacable)

Gandy, Mike OL (see above or move him to Guard)

Jerman, Greg OL (still cant believe he is still on the team, get the hell out)

Geisinger, Justin OL (i thought he got cut already? ehh, keep him for cheap depth)

Preston, Duke OL (our staring center next year?!)

Peters, Jason OL (keep, has played decently, still cant believe we have him at LEFT Tackle! that should tell u something about Big Mike)

Moorman, Brian P (all pro, u dont cut him)

Losman, JP QB (future of the team)

Matthews, Shane QB (he wont be back, find a young QB to ride the pine and come cheap)

Holcomb, Kelly QB (keep for an insurance to JP)

Gates, Lionel RB (id like to see him back)

McGahee, Willis RB (needs to find his burst again, but certainly coming back as our starter next year)

Williams, Shaud RB (thought he would be a solid 3rd down or change of pace back, not working out consistently, should be cut)

Wire, Coy S (cut)

Baker, Rashad S (solid backup, keep for depth)

Leonhard, Jim S (see above)

Milloy, Lawyer S (not the player he once was, needs to either restructure his deal or be let go if a replacable player is out there. if he isback next year, i will be fine with that)

Neufeld, Ryan TE (see yah)

Campbell, Mark TE (will be back)

Everett, Kevin TE (eager to see what he can do next season)

Euhus, Tim TE (keep for depth, would like to see him get more time and passes his way)

Reed, Josh WR (this was probably his best pro season as of yet. should sign fairly cheap, if he isnt willing to sign for a reasonable tag, take a hike. but i believe he will and should be back)

Aiken, Sam WR  (underachiever, looks like he could be gone)

Evans, Lee WR  (with a solid WR next to him, should have a big year next season)

Wilson, George WR (does it really matter what we do with him? can live with or without)

Smith, Jonathan WR (unless someone comes in and impresses, freddie will be back as a number 4 or 5 WR)

Moulds, Eric WR (sounds like he wont be back next year, we could use the cap space anyway)

Parrish, Roscoe WR (looking forward to seeing him throughout an entire season next year.  will be a great #3 WR)

PRACTICE SQUAD

Oglesby, Evan CB (??)

Lee, Rob CB (??)

Ritzmann, Constantin (bring back, could make the team next season)

Goldsberry, Jon FB  (takes burns spot??)

Hunter, Wendell LB (??)

Ogden, Marques OL (probably sucks! think about it, hes on the practice squad for our o-line. thats all i need to hear)

Esposito, Jasen OL (see above)

McFarland, Dylan OT (again)

Cieslak, Brad TE  (who cares)

INJURED RESERVE

Brantley, Kellen LB (??)

Smith, Lawrence OL (bring back for depth))

Sobieski, Ben OL (bye)

Vann, LaDaris WR (see yah)

Priority of needs:

Hit the FA market for one marquee and one above average O-Linemen. Look to the draft for an OT with our first round pick. Plenty of them avaliable this year, grab a future all pro. The line needs an overhaul!!  Second round pick should be a DT. Use the two the 3rd rounders to get a DE and WR. The free agent wire should be a real key to rebuilding(yes we are rebuilding). Find established guys at CB, we need a new # 1 or 2 WR, O-line, DE. Get a guy like Travis Minor for a change of pace back to give Willis a break.

Time to get a new offensive coordinator also and Donahoe must go. Is Modrak any better? Who knows? I think we need to stay inside the organazation, thus leaving Modrak as the only true candidate.

More to come.....

521350[/snapback]

All draft picks should be OL and DL unless a stud FA is signed and then we can use the draft pick for rebuilding the secondary.

Clements, Nate CB (certainly is not worth "top corner money" but if he comes at a reasonable price, u certainly keep him.  NC is not as terrible as everyone acts like he is on this board. Though he partially brought the vilification on to himself with him saying he wants top corner money. You want top corner money, play at least like an above average corner. Not middle of the pack corner, like you have been. if he wants to hold out for the big deal, either let him go or franchise him and trade for 2nd rounder)

...... Williams, Shaud RB (thought he would be a solid 3rd down or change of pace back, not working out consistently, should be cut)

521350[/snapback]

Have a problem with this one.

S Williams is one of the few guys who comes to play and takes the game to heart. There was a very successful pass play yesterday -and I wish I could remember exactly which one - but Willams was lined up in the backfield and saved JP, rolling to his right, from getting sacked.

If you have it TiVo'd it came around the 1:05 mark of the game.

Williams, the little 5'7" scrapper, staying in as a blocker, was holding his own against a much bigger Dolphin linebacker, and was determined not to let him get to Losman.

If the rest of the team played with that measure of heart, they'd now have 3 or 4 more wins this season.

Everyone is satisfied that Losman is the "future of the team"?

521420[/snapback]

Actually yes. Hows the future looking for your team with no CB's, no WR's, a disgruntled half injured 30+ yr old RB, and an aging defense that makes our D look good?

Thats right, you guys think Tommy "system QB" will bring you to the promised land all by himself, and when you get there, that brushi will have turned the water cooler into wine.

I disagree with you on Shaud Williams, he has played very good as a back up, and is a surprisingly very good blocker.

I also disagree about Mike Schneck, I have not seen any problem whatsoever with any of our punting or FG XP snaps. So I would keep him.

Lawyer Milloy is a big question mark. I think he has lost a step, but the Bills don't have anyone to replace him with.

You could probably cut Troy Vincent and give the starting FS job to Rashad Baker, he's going to start the soon enough anyway.

I do hope that Josh Reed stays he has stepped up this year and I would be glad to see him back on the team.

Also agree about Ritzmann, let's see if he can finally get on the active roster.

Get rid of Bennie Anderson, i'm not impressed with him.

I agree Trey Teague will be gone and Duke Preston will be our new Center next season.

Based on this thread, people are generally happy with the talent on this team.... Interesting....

521409[/snapback]

I know I am. There are only a few players that I have a problem with.

I think it's the playcalling that drives me crazy.

Guy's been solid since he came back.  The loss yesterday has very little to do with him. The game calling on both sides of the ball and the defensive intensity, or lack of, are the main issues.

521444[/snapback]

It's going to be a long week for those of us living in New England. I feel your pain, brother.

Everyone is satisfied that Losman is the "future of the team"?

521420[/snapback]

Right now...yes I am...I think given the proper Coaching and Players around Him the Kid could be REAL good...

He's improving, he's Young, I have no problem with Losman right now...

Based on this thread, people are generally happy with the talent on this team.... Interesting....

521409[/snapback]

Well I'm happy with some of the Talent...I think there is enough to build around...But there are definitely some glaring holes...Which I'm sure you can say about any 4-8 Team...

This was a gteat post. Once I had the time I was going to go through our roster and take the same approach and not only did you do it first but outside of a quibble here and there regarding some back- I think your take on the players is right on target.

The post really does point out that leadership and organization are the issues rather than talent, I'm sure we could find better players at almost any position if we are willing to spend the cash but it would probably make little difference in the outcome.

Many thanks.

Actually yes. Hows the future looking for your team with no CB's, no WR's, a disgruntled half injured 30+ yr old RB, and an aging defense that makes our D look good?

Thats right, you guys think Tommy "system QB" will bring you to the promised land all by himself, and when you get there, that brushi will have turned the water cooler into wine.

521425[/snapback]

Yet we will still win the division by 4 games. And our D doesn't blow a 21 point lead either. So much for making "your D look good".

As long as Donahoe runs that team, you'll never win.

And I bet you'd give anything to have Brady right now.

Yet we will still win the division by 4 games.  And our D doesn't blow a 21 point lead either.  So much for making "your D look good".

As long as Donahoe runs that team, you'll never win.

And I bet you'd give anything to have Brady right now.

522121[/snapback]

Hey look it's one of those spoiled fans that Seymour mentioned.

Hey look it's one of those spoiled fans that Seymour mentioned.

522128[/snapback]

I guess thats what three rings does to a fan... we will always want more. But I guess you guys don't know anything about winning it all, do you.

I guess thats what three rings does to a fan... we will always want more rooster.  But I guess you guys don't know anything about winning it all, do you.

522132[/snapback]

More rooster? Mmmm okay???

Nope and neither did you up until a few years ago.

I guess thats what three rings does to a fan... we will always want more.  But I guess you guys don't know anything about winning it all, do you.

522132[/snapback]

Your own team thinks you are a bandwagon troll.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

:)

521350[/snapback]

I am glad to see that I am not the only one here who thinks Vincent still has some value. Assuming Nate Clements leaves (I really don't forsee any scenario in which he doesn't, unless there is just a massive overhaul in the organization), I say move Vincent back to corner, to take Clements spot. His results at safety have been mixed, but the guy still has great speed, and can still play the ball very well. Then, you use the cap money that you save by not re-signing Clements, to invest in some OL and DL help. Corners, like WR's can sometimes take two or three years to develop. We have a number of DB's on the team who have shown flashes...if one emerges, you can always make Vincent a nickel back...

I am not sure what Vincent's salary is, I think he has one year left on his Buffalo deal. I also don't think the is being majorly over-paid. Again, assuming he doesn't just up and retire (who could blame him after this miserable season?), and that Clements won't be back, I just think Vincent is a valuable team leader, who can still play some. Given the youth of the secondary (after Milloy and Vincent there would be a major dropoff in experience) the Bills could do worse. I have more concerns over Milloys' effectiveness, even though he is still the best safety on the roster. The safety position needs some more attention...

I am not sure what Vincent's salary is, I think he has one year left on his Buffalo deal.  I also don't think the is being majorly over-paid. 

524751[/snapback]

The Bills signed Vincent to a six-year, $20.75 million contract last winter to replace departed cornerback Antoine Winfield.

http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/news/99-...004-417274.html