Coy Wire

stevestojan

And he wasn't quick to react but it wasn't his responsibility.  His job was to help not be the main cover guy.  In an Endzone route like that there is very little time to react and he was leaning to the outside to help on a receiver.  He didn't expect the backer to drop coverage. 

http://www.worldhistory.com/wiki/A/America...ive-schemes.htm

514260[/snapback]

You're joking right? This has got to be one of the most pathetic CWAC jobs I've ever seen. "His job was to help" - yes it was - and he didn't. He Coy almighty himself admits that he had the wrong positioning and you STILL want to make excuses for him? Give it up

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I decided to sleep on it and see how I felt in the morning. Here's what I've concluded after watching the 4th quarter on DVR:

Coy Wire is the worst football player ever.

514223[/snapback]

I'll take your opinion over TD and MM I'm sure you know more...

Oh please - another CWAC with the "playing out of position excuse" - give me a !@#$ing break.  He isn't a linebacker - and he can't play safety - so he shouldn't be playing at all.

I'm sick and tired of hearing this excuse too.  He's a SAFETY on that play - WTF do you think a safety's supposed to do?  He's supposed to cover that area if a player gets into it.  The catch happens right in front of him for Gods sake!  A good or even decent safety makes that play. 

Funny - haven't heard anything from the CWACs this year on Coy our SPECIAL TEAMS DEMON.  Does he even have a single tackle on STs this year?  He's a !@#$ing joke.

513710[/snapback]

He had over the top coverage on the play. Posey was supposed to have the underneath coverage on the TE. Just because you make your case vehemently, it doesn't make it right. A 3rd round pick was wasted on Wire? Most would agree, but spew the venom for this play where it's deserved. Aim it at Posey.

He had over the top coverage on the play. Posey was supposed to have the underneath coverage on the TE. Just because you make your case vehemently, it doesn't make it right. A 3rd round pick was wasted on Wire? Most would agree, but spew the venom for this play where it's deserved. Aim it at Posey.

514396[/snapback]

What part of this don't you understand?

"It was just a Cover One where when the tight end comes up, you basically have to play him tighter," Wire said. "I didn't have the right positioning on him."

I'll take your opinion over TD and MM I'm sure you know more...

514344[/snapback]

HAHA... using MM as your example? The same guy that punted the ball when the Bills were down by two scores with 4 minutes left a few weeks ago?

Just because he was named Head Coach doesn't make him good at the position.

But keep defending Coy. I know you own his jersey, so it's gotta be tough to cut those emotional strings.

The guy does have 'heart' afterall....

Coy admitted in his post game interview to being out of his position responsibility to be able to make that play. He was asked about Posey but didn't bite.

Whomever is to blame, I think it is safe to say that neither Posey nor Wire is any good at playing coverage in space.

Shhhhhhhhh....

The apologists don't want to hear this. It was all Posey's fault. (mind you even if it was, Posey doesn't have a career record of being the guy that's getting paid based soley on 'heart').

Mostly because Posey is pretty much the Tin Man with a side of Cowardly Lion.

Why Coy Wire is in the NFL boggles my mind. Wonder why the Bills haven't shopped him yet? Oh that's right... no one (repeat NO ONE) would take him.

That's true.

But then again, he CAN jump out of the shallow end of a pool....

514262[/snapback]

I hate stuff like that. Give me a guy like Spielman who can't run for crap but can play football.