Head Coach Idea...

Frez

I'm ready for a change.

510704[/snapback]

How about Kirk Ferentz?

Although of course, the point is moot, since the odds are overwhelming in favor of Mularkey being the Coach next year....

JDG

Me too, but Fossil isn't the answer, IMHO. I fully expect TD and MM to stay around yet aother year. But I would like to see Jeff Fisher in Buffalo blue next year.

510824[/snapback]

I don't want those Titans coming in here as coaches...as if we haven;t had two

of theirs before.....

I wouldn't mind if Capers comes here and runs a 3-4.....The team has more better LBs than DTs.

He was my pick, prior to the MM hiring.

If the Titans foolishly fire Jeff Fisher...

510842[/snapback]

Ferentz is in a great position to negotiate for a pro head coaching position, especially since he's regarded as among the best coaches (if not THE best) in college football today. He's another Belichick disciple like Nick Saban and he's also a former OFFENSIVE LINE COACH w/ NFL experience!!!!! He has a lot going for him, that's for sure. I honestly don't see a person w/ that much going for him accepting a job w/ the Bills. Stranger things have happened, but I just don't think he'd take this job when more attractive offers would be there for him. Plus, he loves being @ Iowa, has a great coaching staff there, and hasn't shown any intersest in returning to the NFL to date.

Side note: in a GM simulation league I'm in (where you manage a team from drafting players, salary cap issues-the whole 9 yards, so to speak), Ferentz is the head coach of my team. He was my second choice: JoePa turned down a huge contract. Haha!!