One move that would win fan support

PJBrown

Talk Jim Kelly into becoming our new Offensive Coordinator.

..and no, this isn't one of those posts about hiring him as OC, bringing back Marv, hiring Tasker as ST coach, etc, etc...

He knows football X's and O's, especially on the O side. He was basically an on field OC running the no huddle. He would be a great coach for a young QB like JP. Plus, and a big one, he has the stones to get this ship righted. Think we'd have an identity then?

I always thought Kelly would go into coaching at one point..why not here?

Come on Ralph, pick up the phone......

..and no, this isn't one of those posts about hiring him as OC, bringing back Marv, hiring Tasker as ST coach, etc, etc...

He knows football X's and O's, especially on the O side. He was basically an on field OC running the no huddle. He would be a great coach for a young QB like JP. Plus, and a big one, he has the stones to get this ship righted. Think we'd have an identity then?

509479[/snapback]

if by "fan support" you mean "your support" then whatever... :)

BTW, it IS one of those posts about "hiring Tasker as ST coach"...

if by "fan support" you mean "your support" then whatever...  :)

BTW, it IS one of those posts about "hiring Tasker as ST coach"...

509488[/snapback]

Well, no it isn't. If Kelly ever decided to go into coaching I believe he has the intangibles to be a good one, including knowledge of the X's and O's...calling the plays from the line for all those years has to have helped....and it would be impossible to do worse..

Just posting my opinion, no nee to rag on me.....I'm in a a sh**ty mood as anyone else is today too....

509479[/snapback]

According to Bill Belichick, Kelly couldn't read a defense to save his life and that is why the Giants won Super 25.

RW wants to keep fan support or win more fan support- CLEAN HOUSE. New GM, Head Coach, OC and DC. No more excuses, no more BS, no more gutless, heartless individuals proclaming they are the best and then getting their asses handed to them by 38 points. Tear it down and start over again. I want my Buffalo Bills back. Not this bunch of.......puss*es.

509479[/snapback]

I agree......and get marv in as head coach..lets at least start making this FUN.

I can just imagine Jimbo slugging players on the sideline who he thinks aren't giving effort......----who cares what their record would be??? they would always be in therefighting---and it would be FUNNNNN

509479[/snapback]

I don't think the hours and money will ever entice JK into coaching in the NFL....and probably Tasker too for that matter.

509479[/snapback]

I would never support this move, what has Kelly done to prove he can be an NFL coach? A better move might be making AVP our QB coach and naming Wyche our OC. As rarely do top talents make good coaches, instead lesser names ie students of the game end up better coaches.

AVP is a head coach in NFL Europe for Germany (I believe). Maybe they are grooming him to be the bills next coach. Chances are if Kelly did come into the organisation it may be as a GM or president. Why not bring him in next year, could he really do worse than Donahoe?

Although bringing Kelly in as a OC might not be that bad with the young QB. 5-7 plays from the shotgun might be better to get JP used to the nfl, and maybe no more trick plays.

I doubt Marv would want to come back to coaching at all now that he is retired and getting older. Maybe they could bring him back as a consultant type or a smaller coaching role, but not a Head Coach at his age.

Why not bring him in next year, could he really do worse than Donahoe?

510127[/snapback]

Do you have any sense of proportion?

Your statement implies that Donahoe has performed SO badly that any ex-jock who has never held an NFL administrative position would be better than him? :devil:

Get a grip.

Well, no it isn't. If Kelly ever decided to go into coaching I believe he has the intangibles to be a good one, including knowledge of the X's and O's...calling the plays from the line for all those years has to have helped....and it would be impossible to do worse..

Just posting my opinion, no nee to rag on me.....I'm in a a sh**ty mood as anyone else is today too....

509497[/snapback]

JK could prove helpful in some sort of advisory capacity. A fair number of teams have an old vet doing just that. I'd like to see that happen.

JK could prove helpful in some sort of advisory capacity. A fair number of teams have an old vet doing just that. I'd like to see that happen.

510145[/snapback]

He could help players get the best odds and let them know the over/under for the field goal teasers.