Top 5 reasons

1billsfan

In honor of our team giving a half hearted effort, I thought I'd only give 5 reasons the Bills stink instead of the full 10.

5. We have a bunch of players that can talk the talk but fail every time at backing it up.

4. Lack of heart, these guys only play hard when they want to.

3. TD, MM, TC, JG. Not one of them has done a good job this year.

2. Defensive Line, QBs have all day to throw and RBs have semi-truck size holes to run through.

1. Offensive Line, nuff said.

Bad Coaching

Bad Coaching

Bad Coaching.

Bad Coaching

Bad Coaching....

Coaching is not just about calling the right plays at the right time........It involves more about getting the attention of the players and making them focus on every aspect of the call.........Our players are not mentally prepared......What is sad is that such mental mistakes come from senior players like Moulds, Posey, Fletcher etc....

In fact I have never seen Evans called for a pass interference this season.

- below average DTs

- our O-Line is a joke

-J. Reed. why does JP throw to this guy. Holcomb was smart and didnt.

TC is no longer calling the plays. its all MM.

508837[/snapback]

No offense to Josh Reed but they probably didn't guard him as tight becuase of his problems with catching the football. I think JP is doing the right thing by throwing to Reed when he's open. Reed has to make the catches. Lets see how he responds against Carolina.

No offense to Josh Reed but they probably didn't guard him as tight becuase of his problems with catching the football.  I think JP is doing the right thing by throwing to Reed when he's open.  Reed has to make the catches.  Lets see how he responds against Carolina.

508926[/snapback]

Good idea. Maybe we should even increase the amount of throws to Reed against Carolina. If he drops crucial passes, we should just continue on and give him yet another shot against Miami with even more chances.

In our season finale, they can throw to him on every play.

Other than RB, WR, and CB, we need upgrades at every single position.  That's not good.  That's why we suck.

508858[/snapback]

I think we need a WR, sad as that is. Evans makes 1-2 plays a game (and gets called for appx that many holds), Moulds is old and cranky, Josh Reed has been covered in other various threads, and Parrish is at best a #2 who hasn't yet earned the trust of the coaching staff. I know I've said it before. The thing I hate most about Mularkey is not that he spends picks on the wrong position, but the positions we spend the picks on - WR, DE - are still areas of need.

PS. Anyone else notice Bryce Fisher has 7.5 sacks? Remind me why we got rid of him.

I know I've said it before.  The thing I hate most about Mularkey is not that he spends picks on the wrong position, but the positions we spend the picks on - WR, DE - are still areas of need.

508983[/snapback]

Mike Mularkey makes the picks? Maybe I've been all wrong thinking that Donahoe was the problem.

We have talented WR's, well except for REED (yes moulds is getting old but is still a good WR)

Our needs are plain and simple, An Offensive and Defensive Line. Give JP a little more time to throw the ball and we have a decent team. Maybe not Super Bowl Cahmpion team just yet, but atleast a competive playoff caliber team.

Our needs are plain and simple, An Offensive and Defensive Line. Give JP a little more time to throw the ball and we have a decent team. Maybe not Super Bowl Cahmpion team just yet, but atleast a competive playoff caliber team.

509035[/snapback]

Call me an optimist, but I am with you, it really is that simple...

When you've finished watching the game yesterday, I believe everyone here should feel that at least 2 guys on offense and 2 or 3 are tanking it when things are NOT going the teams way! I'd be O.K. if I thought for a moment that this team was giving it their ALL, but, call me crazy but I DON"T SEE IT!!! The only reason I stuck it out yesterday was a chance to see J.P. Losman play and try to progress. That's it!!! I simply don't see enough fight in this squad! :D

I think we need a WR, sad as that is.  Evans makes 1-2 plays a game (and gets called for appx that many holds), Moulds is old and cranky, Josh Reed has been covered in other various threads, and Parrish is at best a #2 who hasn't yet earned the trust of the coaching staff.  I know I've said it before.  The thing I hate most about Mularkey is not that he spends picks on the wrong position, but the positions we spend the picks on - WR, DE - are still areas of need.

PS.  Anyone else notice Bryce Fisher has 7.5 sacks?  Remind me why we got rid of him.

508983[/snapback]

Bleh, Evans is a good player, 9 TD's last year. Moulds has become a possession WR and he's overpaid granted, but he's not washed up yet. We don't know about Parrish yet. Hell I'm pretty sure Freddy Smith & Sam Aiken are better than most teams' 5th & 6th WR's.

They could be better but in the grand scheme of things it really doesn't matter. You can win ballgames with the WR's we have. You can't win with the OL & DL we have - that's the bottom line.

Good idea. Maybe we should even increase the amount of throws to Reed against Carolina. If he drops crucial passes, we should just continue on and give him yet another shot against Miami with even more chances.

In our season finale, they can throw to him on every play.

508938[/snapback]

If he's open and he keeps dropping them then maybe it will finally wake up TD and MM to the fact that he needs to be shown the door. I say throw to him on every play that he is open and if he drops every damn one of them I'm happy for two reasons 1) it forces their hands on getting rid of him and 2) Losman is hitting the open receiver.

Bleh, Evans is a good player, 9 TD's last year.  Moulds has become a possession WR and he's overpaid granted, but he's not washed up yet.  We don't know about Parrish yet.  Hell I'm pretty sure Freddy Smith & Sam Aiken are better than most teams' 5th & 6th WR's. 

They could be better but in the grand scheme of things it really doesn't matter.  You can win ballgames with the WR's we have.  You can't win with the OL & DL we have - that's the bottom line.

509331[/snapback]

I agree we need OL and DL as priorities - that's obvious. But assuming Nate Clements is gone, CB becomes a need that also needs to be addressed. Also assuming Moulds and Reed are not here next year, I think WR again becomes a need to be addressed. Evans is #1, Roscoe is the slot guy, so you need a #2 ooposite Lee and I don't like the existing options currently on the roster. Aiken and "Fast Freddie" can stay right where they're at on the depth chart as far as I'm concerned.

OL plane and simple. Fix that and QB, WR all that fixes itself.

I really don't know the problem with the Defense. How they fell so hard, so fast is puzzling. I keep thinking all we do is blitz and teams have figured it out.. so they're killing it.. The old live by the blitz die by the blitz thing. But perhaps its deeper. I really don't know. Maybe its just the Dline. maybe its more. I do think we need to upgrade it and the LBs. I still think Fletcher is over rated and other than him.. who else do we currently have there.

OL plane and simple.  Fix that and QB, WR all that fixes itself.

I agree.

I really don't know the problem with the Defense.  How they fell so hard, so fast is puzzling.  I keep thinking all we do is blitz and teams have figured it out.. so they're killing it..  The old live by the blitz die by the blitz thing.  But perhaps its deeper.  I really don't know.  Maybe its just the Dline.  maybe its more.  I do think we need to upgrade it and the LBs.  I still think Fletcher is over rated and other than him.. who else do we currently have there.

509609[/snapback]

I can't say I'm as surprised as you. When you lose Pat Williams, Takeo Spikes, and essentially Sam Adams, that's 3 of our 4 best players on the front 7 from last year. The only decent player left is Fletcher.