Jerry Sullivan responds to my e-mail

PromoTheRobot

We tend to be optimistic at the start. It's not my job to evaluate college players. Certainly I reserve the right to change my opinion as events occur. Believe me, Tom Donahoe was questioning his own pick within a year or two after taking Mike Williams. The guys in charge change their minds, too. Their jobs depend on being right most of the time. Yes, mine is to second-guess. Donahoe rues the day he ever had to pay the guy the money. But I'm supposed to stay quiet because I give these people the benefit of the doubt at the beginning? You can find similar comments about Gregg Williams, Kevin Gilbride, even Donahoe himself. If you're going to be such a diligent critic of newspaper writing, you should know by now that's how the game is played. Thanks for taking such an intense interest. I wish more readers were like you.

Well give him credit for responding. Obviously having his own words shoved back in his face stung him. He could have told me to f--- off. Thanks to Sound-n-Fury for digging up that article. By the way, did anyone hear me on the Bob Matthews show last night discussing Sully's article? Matthews himself, without naming Sully by name, said the guy was essentially an a--hole

PTR

Well give him credit for responding.  Obviously having his own words shoved back in his face stung him.  He could have told me to f--- off.  Thanks to Sound-n-Fury for digging up that article.  By the way, did anyone hear me on the Bob Matthews show last night discussing Sully's article?  Matthews himself, without naming Sully by name, said the guy was essentially an a--hole

PTR

500343[/snapback]

Everybody thinks he's an a-hole. Not just because he's a constant whiner, but because he's an a-hole. Some people are just jerks, and he's one. People in his own profession don't like him because he's not a balanced editorializer or reporter. He's always looking for a particular negative angle.

Do you enjoy listening to Matthews? I always find it hard to listen to because his takes are so off-base. That and the fact that every print media guy seems to have problems pronouncing guys names I've heard a thousand times.

I think his response would fit perfectly in Kelly (the unbalanced) Dog's thread. It's not that we don't necessarily disagree with Sully's position, it's his own use of false arguments to back his position that get to some of us.

Yes, Jerry, your job is to continually question the powers that be. But, you could have easily framed the article in the tone of his response to Promo and would have looked much more credible.

Believe me, Tom Donahoe was questioning his own pick within a year or two after taking Mike Williams. The guys in charge change their minds, too. Donahoe rues the day he ever had to pay the guy the money.

I found this in Sully's reply to be very interesting. According to these statements from Sully it appears TD knows Mikey is a stiff.

Using strong statements like "Believe me" it sounds like Sully has some inside knowledge regarding TD and Mikey. Imo I don't think he is bs us. I could be wrong but for him to reply in an e-mail with that I tend to believe him.

I find it amazing how someone who being a jounalism major likely took all these english classes, writing, etc can screw peoples names up so often. Bob's OK, but he's not a rocket scientist!

Do you enjoy listening to Matthews?  I always find it hard to listen to because his takes are so off-base.  That and the fact that every print media guy seems to have problems pronouncing guys names I've heard a thousand times.

500350[/snapback]

I found this in Sully's reply to be very interesting. According to these statements from Sully it appears TD knows Mikey is a stiff.

Using strong statements like "Believe me" it sounds like Sully has some inside knowledge regarding TD and Mikey. Imo I don't think he is bs us. I could be wrong but for him to reply in an e-mail with that I tend to believe him.

500388[/snapback]

That's an awful lot to pull out of the phrase "Believe me". Isn't it more likely that Sullivan is just being a blowhard as usual?

I find it amazing how someone who being a jounalism major likely took all these english classes, writing, etc can screw peoples names up so often.  Bob's OK, but he's not a rocket scientist!

500394[/snapback]

I am sure he'd be the first to admit he is no rocket scientist but does he watch all of his sporting events on mute? Announcers can't tell me enough, who caght what pass, who hit that homerun or who just dunked on some white guy.

If he were a rocket scientist, he wouldn't be writing newspaper columns and hosting talk shows. What he is is easy to listen to. Opinionated but not overbearing about it. If only his show was an hour earlier I wouldn't have to listen to the thoughtless and mindless babble that comes out of the Dope and the Poodle.

I find it amazing how someone who being a jounalism major likely took all these english classes, writing, etc can screw peoples names up so often.  Bob's OK, but he's not a rocket scientist!

500394[/snapback]

Well give him credit for responding. Obviously having his own words shoved back in his face stung him. He could have told me to f--- off. Thanks to Sound-n-Fury for digging up that article. By the way, did anyone hear me on the Bob Matthews show last night discussing Sully's article? Matthews himself, without naming Sully by name, said the guy was essentially an a--hole

PTR

500343[/snapback]

Stung him? Thet's his job to get you to read what he is writing. To get to where he is at career wise, it would take more than your or my proding to get "stung" as you say...

Jerry Sullivan is an a**ho** because he enjoys it. There are people in this world that get their jollies off on being that type of "person".

His "commentary" is basically opinion with nothing to back it up except attempts to make real people believe him and his lame attempts.

"Believe me" is a manipulation technique to try to get real people believe him while he laughs at their truthful nature. Answering a e-Mail is again another manipulation technique to convince a real person and real people that he is an actual "person".

Typically, I refuse to read his crap anymore for the mear fact that he says the same thing over and over and over again. Sullivan's "journalism" has become just as predictable as the people that he hates the most, the Bills owner and "Front Office".

Kind of funny how that works out, Sullivan is the same as that he hates.

500394[/snapback]

Oh, Bob Matthews is hilarious. I can't say I consider him a serious talk show host or sports reporter, though. You can tell he's big into horseracing, and spends a considerable amount of time on that. I can't imagine anyone really cares about that.

We tend to be optimistic at the start. It's not my job to evaluate college players. Certainly I reserve the right to change my opinion as events occur. Believe me, Tom Donahoe was questioning his own pick within a year or two after taking Mike Williams. The guys in charge change their minds, too. Their jobs depend on being right most of the time. Yes, mine is to second-guess. Donahoe rues the day he ever had to pay the guy the money. But I'm supposed to stay quiet because I give these people the benefit of the doubt at the beginning? You can find similar comments about Gregg Williams, Kevin Gilbride, even Donahoe himself. If you're going to be such a diligent critic of newspaper writing, you should know by now that's how the game is played. Thanks for taking such an intense interest. I wish more readers were like you.

Well give him credit for responding.  Obviously having his own words shoved back in his face stung him.  He could have told me to f--- off.  Thanks to Sound-n-Fury for digging up that article.  By the way, did anyone hear me on the Bob Matthews show last night discussing Sully's article?  Matthews himself, without naming Sully by name, said the guy was essentially an a--hole

PTR

500343[/snapback]

What was the email you sent him?

What is wrong with you people?

He does point out a lot of truths about this Buffalo Bills organization.

Why must anyone who says one bad thing about this organization be branded an a-hole?

It's not just Sully, it's anyone that speaks negative of the Bills on this board.

So I know i'm an a-hole but:

This team sucks, from the top down. The President/GM is an arrogant joke. This coaching staff sucks. It's pitiful, the Bills are spinning their wheels, this team is not going anywhere until things change, namely getting rid of Donahoe (it did wonders in Pittsburgh)

Why must anyone who says one bad thing about this organization be branded an a-hole?

It's not just Sully, it's anyone that speaks negative of the Bills on this board.

This team sucks, from the top down.  The President/GM is an arrogant joke.  This coaching staff sucks.  It's pitiful, the Bills are spinning their wheels, this team is not going anywhere until things change, namely getting rid of Donahoe (it did wonders in Pittsburgh)

500477[/snapback]

You'll learn...this is the cheerleading site that follows blindly like sheep...now get in line...bah...

You'll learn...this is the cheerleading site that follows blindly like sheep...now get in line...bah...

500486[/snapback]

Oh yeah, Bills Rule!!

They could win their next 8 and go all the way to the S-U-P-E-R B-O-W-L!!!!

Yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This team sucks, from the top down.  The President/GM is an arrogant joke.  This coaching staff sucks.  It's pitiful, the Bills are spinning their wheels, this team is not going anywhere until things change, namely getting rid of Donahoe (it did wonders in Pittsburgh)

500477[/snapback]

I think people are not pissed about his reporting...what he is reporting is true....but the negative (and someitmes incorrect) reasons for the downfall

that he gives is what pisses of people....

For a guy to praise TD about the Mike Williams pick 4 years ago as something

that TD could do no wrong and then 4 years later to slam TD for the pick as

an ill-advised pick seems to be wrong.....

If he had atleast mentioned how TD screwed up by failing to give continuity on line and to give a single OL coach over Mike Williams tenure with the bills as the reason for the Mike Williams failure, then at least you know the guy is trying to be rational.

It is not incorrect to point the finger at TD for the MW failure...but the reasons have to be sound...It is like the teacher saying you got a F in the course, but I reason for the F is you got a F in the other course.

500486[/snapback]

Boy is that claim sure substantiated by the overwhelming number of positive threads on this message board ;):lol:

Let's see , there are a few informational threads, some open debates, and a ton of negativity. Gee, what was I thinking?

500477[/snapback]

Last I checked TD isn't the "top." So make sure that when you say the team is bad from the "top down" you start with how bad Ralph is...