The Top Five Most Annoying Fans at the Ralph

Red Dragon

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Killjoy, relax and enjoy yourself.  Football and beer are made for acting silly, a release from a long hard week at work and home.  The only thing worse than all the people you describe is the jerk who takes it all way too seriously.

499636[/snapback]

exactly...

Killjoy, relax and enjoy yourself.  Football and beer are made for acting silly, a release from a long hard week at work and home.  The only thing worse than all the people you describe is the jerk who takes it all way too seriously.

499636[/snapback]

Some of us do not think that people acting "silly" around us is an enjoyable way to watch the game. I don't take it all way too seriously-I just don't want my experience ruined by fools.

It took you 6 YEARS to say something.  I would have said something the FIRST time he said play action pass when there wasn't a running back.  Either grow a sack or drink a bit more at the game.  :w00t:

499643[/snapback]

In some cases there was a back in the backfield, but since every play this guy described had play action pass you kinda lost count. At first we just thought he was a drunk, then we realized he was always like this. We had learned to drown him out, but in the middle of a frustrating season I had finally reached the end of my rope.

Funny how the guy would get heads to turn, and you could see his companions actually cringe when people looked in the direction of the guy. Even his Pats and Jets fans who bought tix would look sheepish when people looked for the origin of the moronic statements.

I offer this list to you a public service. If you recognize yourself, please realize that your behavior is foolish and distracting, and needs to be corrected. I hope you enjoyed this.  I  plan to have weekly Top Five lists for your reading pleasure.

499566[/snapback]

So are you saying I shouldn't wear my mask and should just sit there an be quite the whole game?

So are you saying I shouldn't wear my mask and should just sit there an be quite the whole game?

499672[/snapback]

i think thats what they are trying to say.

i think they want the ralph to be like a library and for us to do the golf clap when something good happens

yeah....ssssssshhhhhhhhhhh.....go bills

The Top Five Most Annoying Fans at the Ralph.

5. Face Painters & People who Dress in Costumes -  Can somebody please tell me what point of this is? Does it add value to your game experience, or to the experience of others around you? Does the team "feed off it's energy"  No. It is pointless and embarrassing.

4. First Down Guy and the Guy Who Invokes the Crowd to Stand - These are the guys who insist on, with some sort of exaggerated arm motion, pointing out to the rest of us whenever the Bills make a first down. I have eyes. Sit down and keep your arms to yourself. Even worse is the guy who, before a critical play, turns to the people behind them and invokes them to stand and cheer. I have news for you my friend, this is not the Nuremburg Rally - I choose to cheer when and if I want to.

3. The Uneducated Fan - These are the people who place blame on players or referees without the complete knowledge of how a play was designed, a player's individual responsibilities, or the rules of football. They need to keep their mouths shut and hide their ignorance. I know I do.

2. True Believers - Fans who can never accept that the Bills are going to lose a game, despite the score or the time remaining in the game. These child-like fans are constantly coming up with scenarios of how the Bills can overcome the odds and pull out a miracle ("All we need to do is to block this field goal, return it for a touchdown, recover an onside kick, and then complete a Hail Mary". Sound Familiar?) Most of this is a result of the Houston comeback game (I was at that game, and did not leave at halftime like most of you "fans" did). Miracles rarely happen. (Some would say they never do. In the words of William Jennings Bryan,"Destiny is not a matter of chance; it is a matter of will").  Accept the Bills defeat and move on.

1. People who do The Wave. Let it die people. It was fun in the 80's but it is ridiculous now. What is more perplexing are those who insist on doing it when the Bills are on offense. What are you thinking? That extra crowd noise somehow helps the offense? Have you ever noticed that when a wave is attempted, it usually dies when it reaches the mid-field, lower level seats? Maybe the fans in the expensive seats are better than you yahoos in the end zone, and realize the foolishness of an outdated participatory cheer.

I offer this list to you a public service. If you recognize yourself, please realize that your behavior is foolish and distracting, and needs to be corrected. I hope you enjoyed this.  I  plan to have weekly Top Five lists for your reading pleasure.

499566[/snapback]

A critique from the "lesser than those in the expensive seats" yahoo who holds season tickets in Section 123, Row 11, seats 4 & 5:

I do agree that people have the right to support their team in any way they choose to, as long as it doesn't trample on my right to enjoy the game. Face painters, "First Down Man", and the lot don't bother me, until they stand in my way and refuse to move, or if they decide to tell me how to cheer for my team. In some respect, I do agree w/ your stance on the fans.

However, as long as said fans DO NOT trample on my rights, I could care less what they do. Paint your face, wear your silly outfits, do your crazy dances-all of that is fine. Just don't tell me what to do while I'm there and stay out of the view of myself and whoever would accompany me to a game. As long as that respect is given to me, I live and let live. When it isn't, that's a different story, w/ a not-so-happy ending for others.

Also, to categorize an entire section of a stadium (thousands of people, many of whom you may have never even met) as 'yahoos' doesn't seem like the act of an "educated" fan. Are there "yahoos" in the end zone? Absolutely, and they're irritating. They're just as irritating, to me, as the "cheese and wine" fans in the expensive seats who mistakenly believe that they're @ a tennis match instead of a pro football game. I consider myself somewhere in the middle: I cheer for my squad, but I try to be mindful of the people around me. I'd like to think that I succeed in being mindful to others more often than I don't.

Well, that's my statement, your honor (isn't that how you address a judge?).

A critique from the "lesser than those in the expensive seats" yahoo who holds season tickets in Section 123, Row 11, seats 4 & 5:

I do agree that people have the right to support their team in any way they choose to, as long as it doesn't trample on my right to enjoy the game.  Face painters, "First Down Man", and the lot don't bother me, until they stand in my way and refuse to move, or if they decide to tell me how to cheer for my team.    In some respect, I do agree w/ your stance on the fans.

However, as long as said fans DO NOT trample on my rights, I could care less what they do.  Paint your face, wear your silly outfits, do your crazy dances-all of that is fine.  Just don't tell me what to do while I'm there and stay out of the view of myself and whoever would accompany me to a game.  As long as that respect is given to me, I live and let live.  When it isn't, that's a different story, w/ a not-so-happy ending for others.

Also, to categorize an entire section of a stadium (thousands of people, many of whom you may have never even met) as 'yahoos' doesn't seem like the act of an "educated" fan.  Are there "yahoos" in the end zone?  Absolutely, and they're irritating.  They're just as irritating, to me, as the "cheese and wine" fans in the expensive seats who mistakenly believe that they're @ a tennis match instead of a pro football game.  I consider myself somewhere in the middle:  I cheer for my squad, but I try to be mindful of the people around me.  I'd like to think that I succeed in being mindful to others more often than I don't.

Well, that's my statement, your honor (isn't that how you address a judge?).

499699[/snapback]

Well said Rich. I especially relate and agree with the "cheese and wine fans" point. In fact, I think Red Dragon might be better suited for tennis matches. :wacko:

i was at the pats vs bills opener in 03 when we crushed them like ants.

i went down with "touchdown tours" from toronto. the human garbage who ran that gong show exist on a sub-carny level. jail house tats, track marks, and a woman with teeth that make the land lady from kingpin look like mary hart.

one guy on my bus got kicked out 3 minutes into the game, and this one guy who sat RIGHT BESIDE me and my bro was the biggest loser on earth. he was screaming at the top of his lungs to the pats fans in front of us (who were not bad, but it did help that the bills were winning) F@@K FOR A BUCK!!! YOU WHORES WILL FU@@ FOR A BUCK!! and he said this as they were walking out upset over their team's loss.

classy.

my all time most hated fan is the flutie fan. wore a flutie jersey, was the above mentioned dumb fan (a WR would make a dive to rescue a duck and not make it and the idiot fans would call it a drop), and laid a damn egg every time flutie made a play (4 yard out, YEAH FLUTIE IS TEH G00D!!!). i hate the flutie fan, to this day!!

Man, I HOPE the Stamer fan posts here, that response would be priceless! The actual photo of this guy after someone calls him out like that was too amazing for words... GOOD STUFF!!! As for me, the game time environment reminds me of the fine art of "people watching" in Las Vegas! If other Buffalo Bills fans grate on you, take this as a public service announcement..... NEVER go to Vegas, you'll blow a gasket, without question!

I have another one.

The wife, GF, mother etc who just came along and hates the game. She sits with the other wife, GF or mother and they talk through whole game. Luckily this happens less in the north because the women up there are more into the game. But in Dallas, they are a dime a dozen - they just go to be seen.

I hate little angry hiper guys who have two beers in the parking lot before the game and suddenly can control themselves. Buffalo used to be a proud town of alcoholic men who could pound a case before they even broke the seal. Where have you gone Joe Dimaggio?

499695[/snapback]

Those were the days.... :wacko:

my all time most hated fan is the flutie fan.

499740[/snapback]

You got that right.

"LET'S GO FLOOOTIE! LET'S GO FLOOOTIE! [pokes neighbor in ribs] We're gonna see some FLOOTIEball, eh? [lights cigarette] LET'S GO FLOOTIE! [opens seventh smuggled can of Molson]"

That was my neighbor back in '98 and '99. I don't suppose there are any pictures of him. Hell he probably hasn't been back since 2000.

Well said Rich. I especially relate and agree with the "cheese and wine fans" point. In fact, I think Red Dragon might be better suited for tennis matches.  :wacko:

499729[/snapback]

I see those types of fans all over. When I went to see the Bills play the Iggles @ the Vet back in '96, we (my Mother, who lived near Philly back then, and I) got our tickets through a broker and they were in the good section. Back then, we could get those seats for $80 each (I can only imagine what they'd cost now). Those fans were pretty subdued, comapred to the folks in the upper decks and in the end zone seats there. Same w/ the Stiller fans @ Heinz Field. Psycho Ward 86 and I were sitting in really good seats (around midfield, just 4 rows from the field on the visitors' side) and I was shocked @ how quiet the fans in that section were. The only ones who made noise were these 2 ladies that sat next to us and a couple drunks who kept bitching about everything in their alcohol-induced rage.