Mike Williams at Left Guard (per V-Coach)

JCBoston

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just in from V-Coach: Williams worked at left guard today, while Jason Peters got reps at right tackle.

Hmm.... Discuss :-)

496974[/snapback]

Interesting...this could play out good for the bills...a move of MW to guard and peters at RT means we could concentrate on D-line in the offseason, provided we swap duke for teague at C...

2 more thoughts...

1. I wont be completely happy until bennie anderson takes my order at mickey D's

2. We need to do something about MW's contract at seasons end, because thats a lot of cash at G...

Just in from V-Coach: Williams worked at left guard today, while Jason Peters got reps at right tackle.

496974[/snapback]

I'm fairly new here, a couple of years anyways. Who's V-coach, where does he get his info? ANy other insiders?

I think Mike Williams will be a BEAST at LG. I'm not too sure of his ability to pull, but his blocking will be superb there in my opinion.

There is a good argument for getting your five best players on the field. Anderson has been a rather large disappointment this year, and Peters has been quite a pleasant surprise in his ascension. Plus, Mike Williams has been struggling with his ankle. he may be able to push forward on it but not be able to backpedal as quick as he needs to face speed rushers and DEs, but quick enough to handle DTs and fat guys like him in the middle.

I'm fairly new here, a couple of years anyways.  Who's V-coach, where does he get his info?  ANy other insiders?

I think Mike Williams will be a BEAST at LG.  I'm not too sure of his ability to pull, but his blocking will be superb there in my opinion.

496985[/snapback]

V-Coach is TXT messages sent to your cell phone from the Buffalo Bills. Usually precedes news showing up on the team's web site by a little bit...So it is "official" news from within the Bills' organization.

I remember we talked last week about how McNally really wanted Big Mike at LG....looks like he is at least being given the chance to try it....

There is a good argument for getting your five best players on the field. Anderson has been a rather large disappointment this year, and Peters has been quite a pleasant surprise in his ascension. Plus, Mike Williams has been struggling with his ankle. he may be able to push forward on it but not be able to backpedal as quick as he needs to face speed rushers and DEs, but quick enough to handle DTs and fat guys like him in the middle.

496986[/snapback]

Fez, Williams probably will continue with ankle problems. For such a large man, his calfs remind me of a couple of toothpicks...

Guest BackInDaDay
I was thinking the same thing.

Get that Big boy at DT and have him role over.

497002[/snapback]

If we could only find a way to sneak some lunch meats into the opposing RB's socks before the game. Hmmm..

Even better, he wont jump offsides. Just have him stand in a 2 point stance and clog up the middle !

497020[/snapback]

I mean I doubt it would ever happen anyways, but yeah thats all we need is him to stop the running game. I would not hope for any sacks out of him, just make the tackle if someone carrying the ball comes near you.

But he could never really fill PW's shoes. I'm sure PW had a good technique down, and a lot of experience that will be hard to ever replace or reproduce.

496974[/snapback]

If that is true, there will be a lot of happy faces coming from this board. This would be an excellent move. Very interested to see if this actually pans out.