Bills need a QB with talent/leadership = Brees

Mr. T

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does no one look around and see what's going on in the league? WHY is San Diego winning NOW? Because Brees developed into a starter while San Diego worked on the rest of the team!

Why are so many people so willing to blow off what has happened to Palmer and Manning between last season and this one?

Hell, even Orton is getting the chance to win games...well, he may not be winning them, but he's not losing them...which is exactly what most of us were looking for from Losman. Unfortunatly, our D is not stepping up like they should.

This whole "todays NFL is won NOW, NOW, NOW" is a bunch of pop tart crap. The teams that are winning now are the ones who have built winning teams. They didn't just pop up after one FA pickup.

As long as the lines aren't addressed and the coaching is subpar, this team will always be one year away.

Man I'm almost as amazing in my calls as another ex-poster (Ice) on this one. If you look at the original post you see I saw Williams move to Guard, Peters taking over at RT and Anderson going to the bench. By next season it will all be complete when Preston takes the center spot and Teague is shown the door. Lucky guess I suppose.

Man I'm almost as amazing in my calls as another ex-poster (Ice) on this one.  If you look at the original post you see I saw Williams move to Guard, Peters taking over at RT and Anderson going to the bench.  By next season it will all be complete when Preston takes the center spot and Teague is shown the door.  Lucky guess I suppose.

498269[/snapback]

Are you saying you are soon to be an ex-poster? :D

Honestly, I'd rather Keep Losman than try for Brees.

Not that it matters, Brees ain't goin' nowheres anywhoo.

Rivers is, though.  Miami, New Orleans, Minnesota, one of those places.  He will make a lot of money.

498433[/snapback]

Thats my thought, too. Chargers are never going to get rid of Brees. Rivers should end up in Miami if they can swing a trade.

Why does no one look around and see what's going on in the league?  WHY is San Diego winning NOW?  Because Brees developed into a starter while San Diego worked on the rest of the team!

Why are so many people so willing to blow off what has happened to Palmer and Manning between last season and this one? 

Hell, even Orton is getting the chance to win games...well, he may not be winning them, but he's not losing them...which is exactly what most of us were looking for from Losman.  Unfortunatly, our D is not stepping up like they should.

This whole "todays NFL is won NOW, NOW, NOW" is a bunch of pop tart crap.  The teams that are winning now are the ones who have built winning teams.  They didn't just pop up after one FA pickup. 

As long as the lines aren't addressed and the coaching is subpar, this team will always be one year away.

496335[/snapback]

Thankyou.

Yeah, let's invest in a guy (JP) and pretend we have ANY clue of what he will become after FOUR GAMES STARTED!!

:D

I'd love to see the Bills make a big push for someone like Brees this off season. Chargers will be looking to unload him soon because they got too much invested in Rivers for him to sit the bench for a third straight year.

Amen - he would be a great upgrade...

if the chargers deal rivers he comes with a contract and his bonus has allready been paid, so he is extremely attractive compared to typical first round contracts.

the word i have heard is that the chargers want a top 5 type pick.  if you are a team that wants a QB and can't get leinart and don't like vince young, you can get rivers ready to go right now and with his bonus paid.

i think the saints example was a good one, although i could see clevland going for rivers.

if they get rivers, they get a guy ready to play right now and 2 top 5 picks are sitting there ready to catch passes.  they also don't get killed with the bonus.

balitimore might go for him, but they might have to give up a 1st and a 2nd to get him.

496289[/snapback]

Yes, that makes Rivers more attractive in the short-term, but you're only getting him for 2 years since he's already played 2 years on the current deal. That means that you get him cheap now, but if he works out like you hope you are faced with a mammoth new contract and new signing bonus in only 2 years. Then he has all the leverage since, unlike a linebacker say, you traded for the long haul and you're not going to tell him thanks-and-hit-the-road.

Yes,  that makes Rivers more attractive in the short-term, but you're only getting him for 2 years since he's already played 2 years on the current deal.  That means that you get him cheap now,  but if he works out like you hope you are faced with a mammoth new contract and new signing bonus in only 2 years.  Then he has all the leverage since, unlike a linebacker say, you traded for the long haul and you're not going to tell him thanks-and-hit-the-road.

498918[/snapback]

He remains an unknown, with that side-slinging delivery.

If Drew Brees was on the Bills for the last four years he would have been beaten over the head with a tire iron like Booth Lustig within the first three, before he ever had a chance to be good. Mentioning Brees here should only be a selling point of letting Losman get some experience. It only took Drew three full years. And he had a lot of college experience, too, known as a polished commodity coming out.

I'd love to see the Bills make a big push for someone like Brees this off season.  Chargers will be looking to unload him soon because they got too much invested in Rivers for him to sit the bench for a third straight year.

I'd give up our 1st pick and maybe a fourth rd also.

495999[/snapback]

Haven't the bills also have invested too much on Losman to sit on the bench.

He might not have the big contract, but we still gave up an extra 2nd, 4th

and 5th to get him...

Plus what are you going to sign Brees to.....at least a 10M signing bonus.....

Plus anyone who believes that our current OL will take us to the next level

is mistaken...