Bills need a QB with talent/leadership = Brees

Mr. T

I'd love to see the Bills make a big push for someone like Brees this off season. Chargers will be looking to unload him soon because they got too much invested in Rivers for him to sit the bench for a third straight year.

I'd give up our 1st pick and maybe a fourth rd also.

Those of you that say our OL needs an up grade first, I believe our line will do fine with just a little tweaking.

Gandy stays at LT - he's been doing fine.

Peters at RT - Just too much athletic talent to sit, will only get better and better

Williams moves to RG - what a package with Peters on the right side

Villerial moves to LG - will bring nice support to Gandy

Preston takes over at Center

Teague sent packing

Anderson put on bench for depth

This offense has the personnel to succeed NOW with McGahee, Moulds, Evans, Parrish, a healthy Everett. What is missing is a QB with ability and a take charge leadership attitude.

Those of you who are waiting for JP to be that guy are missing the reality that today's NFL is all about TODAY not the future. We need a QB who is ready NOW and Brees could be that guy.

Now, I know this is simply wishful thinking but I can always wish, right?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dude.... the biggest push that the bills can make is to push Teflon Tom to the curb.

trust me... the offensive line is just the tip of the iceberg.

496003[/snapback]

This team is not the mess a lot of people are making it out to be. It is a team that took a risk, and lost, with starting esentially a rookie QB who wasn't ready to play. A decent QB and we would easily be at 5-3 now instead of 3-5.

A decent QB equates to far more production on offense, which also would have taken the pressure off an admittedly overrated defense. Someone tell me if anyone would be complaining about how pathetic of team we are if were 5-3.

The Bills gambled and lost with starting JP and the record reflects that loss. The team is capable of much more and needs a QB who will make that happen.

This team is not the mess a lot of people are making it out to be.  It is a team that took a risk, and lost, with starting esentially a rookie QB who wasn't ready to play.  A decent QB and we would easily be at 5-3 now instead of 3-5.

A decent QB equates to far more production on offense, which also would have taken the pressure off an admittedly overrated defense.  Someone tell me if anyone would be complaining about how pathetic of team we are if were 5-3.

The Bills gambled and lost with starting JP and the record reflects that loss.  The team is capable of much more and needs a QB who will make that happen.

496005[/snapback]

TD took a quite a few gambles. He won some. He lost some. But there are those who think that getting rid of TD is the only way we'll ever get back on track.

Why?

Because they lack the nutsack to admit that the real problem is Ralph. If you're going to blame TD, you must blame Ralph. And the TD haters never, ever have the nutsack to do so.

If the Bills get Brees, does Antonio Gates come with him?  It's no coincidence that Brees' emergence was timed with Gates'.

496017[/snapback]

I have to agree, having followed him before Gates was there. There was a reason the Chargers felt compelled to draft a quarterback. For that reason I'd feel very uncomfortable giving up what the writer proposed. I wouldn't even feel good about a low first round, though probably that's a fair price.

If the Bills get Brees, does Antonio Gates come with him?  It's no coincidence that Brees' emergence was timed with Gates'.

496017[/snapback]

Good point, not to mention San Diego allowed Brees to develop on the field. He wasn't great until his 4th season. Infact if San Diego really think he was that good they would never have drafted Rivers to begin with.

Good point, not to mention San Diego allowed Brees to develop on the field. He wasn't great until his 4th season. Infact if San Diego really think he was that good they would never have drafted Rivers to begin with.

496029[/snapback]

Actually, they were giving up on Brees. Not sure, but IIRC they benched him for Flutie the last couple of games. Rivers would have been the starter if he had showed up in training camp instead of holding out... (that's part of what was so attractive about him: Rivers was supposed to be the most game-ready of the top three qbs in the draft.)

I'd love to see the Bills make a big push for someone like Brees this off season.  Chargers will be looking to unload him soon because they got too much invested in Rivers for him to sit the bench for a third straight year.

I'd give up our 1st pick and maybe a fourth rd also.

Those of you that say our OL needs an up grade first, I believe our line will do fine with just a little tweaking. 

Gandy stays at LT - he's been doing fine.

Peters at RT - Just too much athletic talent to sit, will only get better and better

Williams moves to RG - what a package with Peters on the right side

Villerial moves to LG - will bring nice support to Gandy

Preston takes over at Center

Teague sent packing

Anderson put on bench for depth

This offense has the personnel to succeed NOW with McGahee, Moulds, Evans, Parrish, a healthy Everett.  What is missing is a QB with ability and a take charge leadership attitude.

Those of you who are waiting for JP to be that guy are missing the reality that today's NFL is all about TODAY not the future.  We need a QB who is ready NOW and Brees could be that guy.

Now, I know this is simply wishful thinking but I can always wish, right?

495999[/snapback]

Mr T. I don't think a push for Brees is the answer. After all why didn't we draft him when we had the chance? Instead we waited a few years and drafted Losman. That is our guy. We have to see how he is when he has a offensive line that can give him protection. The only time we have really seen that was in the first game against the Texans.

Well, the problem with the entire premise is that if you read enough, you'd know that Rivers is the one who'll be gone. Winning matters more than money to some GMs and owners and in SD they realize that with Tomlinson, you have to take your shot now, as opposed to a step back with Rivers. As we know, guys with no NFL experience rarely win. It's well know that they're prepared to walk away from Rivers.

Well, the problem with the entire premise is that if you read enough, you'd know that Rivers is the one who'll be gone. Winning matters more than money to some GMs and owners and in SD they realize that with Tomlinson, you have to take your shot now, as opposed to a step back with Rivers. As we know, guys with no NFL experience rarely win. It's well know that they're prepared to walk away from Rivers.

496056[/snapback]

Yep I fully expect to see Rivers with the Saints next year.

496056[/snapback]

I agree 100%. It makes no sense for them to step backward and take a chance.

The interesting question will be what price Rivers can be had for. Is he worth a first round? Maybe not because of the contract length etc. But on the other hand, SD may have a psychological problem giving him up for less than a first round pick. It will be interesting to see what happens.

I have to agree, having followed him before Gates was there.  There was a reason the Chargers felt compelled to draft a quarterback.  For that reason I'd feel very uncomfortable giving up what the writer proposed.  I wouldn't even feel good about a low first round,  though probably that's a fair price.

Thanks for adding the part about the Chargers drafting Rivers, gents. Personally I hope that Everett comes to resemble Gates, but that remains to be seen.

Mr T. I don't think a push for Brees is the answer.  After all why didn't we draft him when we had the chance? 

496040[/snapback]

Well teams make mistakes and overlook guys all the time in the draft. With that logic this would make sense: well screw getting Tom Brady even though he's available because we didn't draft him when we had the chance so he can't be our guy even though he would be a huge upgrade over our current QB. We drafted JP and cannot look to upgrade because we have to live with our picks till the bitter end. That's just assinine.

Well teams make mistakes and overlook guys all the time in the draft. With that logic this would make sense: well screw getting Tom Brady even though he's available because we didn't draft him when we had the chance so he can't be our guy even though he would be a huge upgrade over our current QB. We drafted JP and cannot look to upgrade because we have to live with our picks till the bitter end. That's just assinine.

496140[/snapback]

:ph34r:

Mr T. I don't think a push for Brees is the answer.  After all why didn't we draft him when we had the chance?  Instead we waited a few years and drafted Losman.  That is our guy.  We have to see how he is when he has a offensive line that can give him protection.  The only time we have really seen that was in the first game against the Texans.

496040[/snapback]

Im not saying give up on JP---but he had protection on plenty of plays and did nothing at all with it.

I agree 100%.  It makes no sense for them to step backward and take a chance.

The interesting question will be what price Rivers can be had for.  Is he worth a first round?  Maybe not because of the contract length etc.  But on the other hand,  SD may have a psychological problem giving him up for less than a first round pick.  It will be interesting to see what happens.

496064[/snapback]

if the chargers deal rivers he comes with a contract and his bonus has allready been paid, so he is extremely attractive compared to typical first round contracts.

the word i have heard is that the chargers want a top 5 type pick. if you are a team that wants a QB and can't get leinart and don't like vince young, you can get rivers ready to go right now and with his bonus paid.

i think the saints example was a good one, although i could see clevland going for rivers.

if they get rivers, they get a guy ready to play right now and 2 top 5 picks are sitting there ready to catch passes. they also don't get killed with the bonus.

balitimore might go for him, but they might have to give up a 1st and a 2nd to get him.