Hypothetical QOTD

Outkast

I wouldn't. Give the guy a chance to prove what he can do. Use the pick to make the team around him better (I'm looking at you offensive line) and then maybe you'll start to see what kind of potential he has. To me he showed that he has the poise, the arm, and the pocket presence to make it in the NFL. Every young QB (except Marino and Roethlisberger apparently) goes through a learning stage. Losman has had the misfortune of having his on a team that many expected to make a playoff run. Too much pressure for a young QB. Holcomb probably should have been the starter since week 1 in hindsight if the goal was to make the playoffs.

Bills draft spot comes up. Do you take either one of them and dump JP?

495550[/snapback]

Sure!!!!! Let's start all over with ANOTHER rookie QB! I'm sure we all have plenty of additional patience while waiting to see if either of these guys will amount to something (sarcasim).

If JP has shown me anything it is, NEVER draft a QB in the first round. Get your QB from FA after they have been groomed by someone else. i.e. Farve, Green, Plummer, Delloume.

If JP has shown me anything it is, NEVER draft a QB in the first round.  Get your QB from FA after they have been groomed by someone else.  i.e. Farve, Green, Plummer, Delloume.

495560[/snapback]

That's the biggest football argument that my best friend and I have. I think there are just too many places where you can get a veteran QB to lead your team to waste a high pick on them. With free agency there is just too much of a need to win now in the NFL to wait for a QB to fully develop. Sure it works out sometimes, but there is always a couple of seasons where you have to weather the storm. As a matter of fact I don't even like high draft picks period. I think trading down and getting many picks and spending the money that you would have paid the 1st or 2nd overall pick on free agents makes a hell of a lot more sense to me. At least with free agents you have an game film of what they can do in the NFL.

i try to find a trading parter and stockpile picks then draft

offensive line

offensive line

offensive line

offensive line

offensive line

495571[/snapback]

The way I see it our Dline is in more need of fixing than the Oline. Not that the Oline couldn't use some upgrades but the Dline has just been pathetic.

The way I see it our Dline is in more need of fixing than the Oline.  Not that the Oline couldn't use some upgrades but the Dline has just been pathetic.

495577[/snapback]

true, the DLine has been pathetic. but the problem has been at DT with the loss of Pat Williams. I may be in the minority here, but i'm happy with Schobel and Kelsay at DE. I'd like to see the Bills ditch Adams, Fletcher, and Posey and bring in a NT and 2 ILBs. With Schobel/Kelsay at end and Spikes/Crowell at OLB we could put together a decent 3-4

oh, and as far as what needs more help, its the OLine. The D wouldn't be so bad this year if they weren't on the field all the time because the offense goes 3 and out all the freakin time

oh, and as far as what needs more help, its the OLine.  The D wouldn't be so bad this year if they weren't on the field all the time because the offense goes 3 and out all the freakin time

495593[/snapback]

Are we watching the same games?

Bills draft spot comes up. Do you take either one of them and dump JP?

495550[/snapback]

I think you do. But you don't neccessarily dump JP; you play the guy most ready, and continue to develop the other guy.

Most first round quarterbacks do not work out. Having two means one ought to be good enough to lead the team long-term; that's worth two picks right there. And maybe we can get trade value for the other ala Rob Johnson :)

I think you do.  But you don't neccessarily dump JP;  you play the guy most ready, and continue to develop the other guy. 

Most first round quarterbacks do not work out.  Having two means one ought to be good enough to lead the team long-term; that's worth two picks right there.  And maybe we can get trade value for the other ala Rob Johnson  :)

495891[/snapback]

Maybe they can trade up, draft both of them and keep JP.

true, the DLine has been pathetic.  but the problem has been at DT with the loss of Pat Williams.  I may be in the minority here, but i'm happy with Schobel and Kelsay at DE.  I'd like to see the Bills ditch Adams, Fletcher, and Posey and bring in a NT and 2 ILBs.  With Schobel/Kelsay at end and Spikes/Crowell at OLB we could put together a decent 3-4

495593[/snapback]

Schobel and Kelsay at de in a 3-4 defense? :ph34r:

It's bad enough in a 4-3 where in run support they're basically useless. If we switch to a 3-4 I'd like to see Bannan and Denney at de. Schobel isn't anywhere strong enough to man up in a 3-4, although we do have the lb's for a 3-4 defense, we don't have a dline capable of it. Swing a trade for someone like Grady Jackson, ditch adams, draft a de, Keep Fletcher and have Crowell/Fletcher at ILB. Crowell was an ilb in a 3-4 defense in college. Spikes and posey's replacement at olb then we'd have the makings of a decent 3-4 defense..

And Dline is a far bigger concern then oline. While the oline has shown flashes, all we've seen from the dline is a bunch of backups who are proving they're backups for a reason at dt, and two "high motor de's" who rarely get pressure and get blown off the ball and are a complete non factor on runs. Lb's who have bodies on them cause our dline can't keep them off, and getting gashed week after week. The oline will be easier to fix imo. Dline is concern #1.

true, the DLine has been pathetic.  but the problem has been at DT with the loss of Pat Williams.  I may be in the minority here, but i'm happy with Schobel and Kelsay at DE.  I'd like to see the Bills ditch Adams, Fletcher, and Posey and bring in a NT and 2 ILBs.  With Schobel/Kelsay at end and Spikes/Crowell at OLB we could put together a decent 3-4

oh, and as far as what needs more help, its the OLine.  The D wouldn't be so bad this year if they weren't on the field all the time because the offense goes 3 and out all the freakin time

495593[/snapback]

Schobel and Kelsay lack the size to be every down DEs in a 3-4. Not to mention finding a true NT to play in the 3-4 is one of the hardest positions to find. Look no further then the struggles the Pats have had w.out Richard Seymour. As much as I dislike Sam Adams he is our best DT on the roster, everyone else on the current roster looks like career backup material to me.

So instead I stick with Sam and the 4-3 so long we take a DT high in the draft (Round 2) and bring in a young veteran FA (Rocky Bernard of the Seahawks is a guy to look at) to start and groom the rookie (my early choice is Babatunde Oshinowo) to replace Adams in 2007. As fully expect us to let Edwards walk and losing Bannan isn't a big loss IMHO. which leaves Anderson, Sape and Jason Jefferson competing for the other backup spot(s).The only guy on the starting D I'd lose is Milloy and maybe Vincent.

Welp Vick looked absolutely pathetic. Against a real defense Marcus Vick = RJ. So yeah we'll probably draft him...

In all seriousness there is no way you can draft Leinert or Vick (mainly because MV is ALL hype) because QB is not the problem here. The trenches and us sucking in said trenches is the issue. I would however like to see the Bills get Maurice Stovall from ND he reminds me a lot of Eric Moulds, and could be a good replacement for EM, only he seems like a well rounded and very intelligent kid from his interviews, so he probably won't be stock piling children with multiple women. But the problem is that he is starting to play like a 1st rounder and we cannot draft another WR in the first round.

No way in hell. We need Oline, we need Dline, we need LBers and we probably will need a CB and a WR. JP has only played 4 games. Let the kid learn the game and give him a chance before you give up on him. Man Moulds would of been run out of town after 2 seasons if TBD was around back then. Give the kid a chance to develop!

Welp Vick looked absolutely pathetic. Against a real defense Marcus Vick = RJ. So yeah we'll probably draft him...

In all seriousness there is no way you can draft Leinert or Vick (mainly because MV is ALL hype)

496186[/snapback]

My guess is that that was probably the first time you saw vick all year. I've seen every game and the guy is incredibly accurate (over 68%). Last night was the first time I ever saw him off on his game, and granted he sucked last night, but he is not all hype.

The question is, does he choke in big games? It looked to me like the whole Hokie squad at all fazes of the game got beat last night, running, passing, line play special teams and defense, so you can only fault vick to his share of the blame.

If he was available, I'd love to see him in a Bills uni, but it won't happen he's a top five pick when he goes pro.