JP Will Be Back.....

TheZone78

That way at 3-7 even Mularkey can see that we're on a sinking ship.

I figure with Holmes/Johnson followed by LT our crappy run D will give up close to 200 yards on the ground in consecutive games.

The worst thing the Bills could have done is to play a competitive game against an average New Bruschi (We're not worthy!) team to create the illusion the Bills are a competitive team.

It's a shame really.

Why can't this organization make moves like Coughlin did last year when he benched Warner to groom Manning when the Giants still had a winning record, although no chance at the playoffs????

:lol:

I figure with Holmes/Johnson followed by LT our crappy run D will give up close to 200 yards on the ground in consecutive games.

The worst thing the Bills could have done is to play a competitive game against an average New Bruschi (We're not worthy!) (We're not worthy!) team to create the illusion the Bills are a competitive team.

It's a shame really. 

Why can't this organization make moves like Coughlin did last year when he benched Warner to groom Manning when the Giants still had a winning record, although no chance at the playoffs????

:lol:

494401[/snapback]

because coughlin has 2 things that our coaches now, and GW included, apparently dont...testicles

it takes balls to start the basically rookie and stick with him.

it takes balls to tell moulds to shut up and we're doing this for the team, not an individual.

instead, MM plays holcomb because it keeps us close and at the end of the season, 7-9 looks better than 5-11.

maybe someday we'll have a coaching staff with a pair, or MM's will fully descend. as for now, we are stuck going nowhere with KH, all the while mortgaging the future by not starting JP.

because coughlin has 2 things that our coaches now, and GW included, apparently dont...testicles

it takes balls to tell moulds to shut up and we're doing this for the team, not an individual.

instead, MM plays holcomb because it keeps us close and at the end of the season, 7-9 looks better than 5-11.

maybe someday we'll have a coaching staff with a pair, or MM's will fully descend. as for now, we are stuck going nowhere with KH, all the while mortgaging the future by not starting JP.

494405[/snapback]

Problem is, I don't think it is MM's call. I am convinced TD is making that call to keep Bills tantalizingly on the edge of contendership. This is probably the reason for his fallout with Bill Cowher and his eventual departure to Buffalo. Much as I have supported TD in the past, I am now not convinced he is the right GM to help us win the big one.

Problem is, I don't think it is MM's call. I am convinced TD is making that call to keep Bills tantalizingly on the edge of contendership. This is probably the reason for his fallout with Bill Cowher and his eventual departure to Buffalo. Much as I have supported TD in the past, I am now not convinced he is the right GM to help us win the big one.

494432[/snapback]

That's an awful lot of conclusions to be drawing based on a 'hunch'.

That's an awful lot of conclusions to be drawing based on a 'hunch'.

494443[/snapback]

Sure it is a hunch that TD is calling the shots on this issue. But that Bill Cowher wanted more control on personnel issues, which led to TD's departure. This is a published fact and not something I am deducing.

494405[/snapback]

"Doing" something for the "team" is trying to win some games. "Doing" something for an individual is handing over the offense to an untested first year QB. So far this season, we have done both.

"Doing" something for the "team" is trying to win some games.  "Doing" something for an individual is handing over the offense to an untested first year QB.  So far this season, we have done both.

494554[/snapback]

Doing something for the team in its long-term interests and

Doing something for the team with a short-sighted approach....so far this

season, we have done both...

Vow...How we can perceive the same things differently....

"Doing" something for the "team" is trying to win some games.  "Doing" something for an individual is handing over the offense to an untested first year QB.  So far this season, we have done both.

494554[/snapback]

"Doing" something for the "team" in the long run is playing your first round pick to get him much-needed experience when you know this season is not going to result in a playoff appearance. Sticking with a nine year career backup QB just to win a few games is placating veterans and trying to save your own job.

Edit: Great minds, Ganesh. Great minds....

Edited by Johnny Coli

Doing something for the team in its long-term interests and

Doing something for the team with a short-sighted approach....so far this

season, we have done both...

Vow...How we can perceive the same things differently....

494565[/snapback]

I was hoping for more this season.

As long as you guys understand that we are basically giving up on this season for the sake of one guy (which apparently was the original plan).

At this point, I would prefer Holcomb as long as we still have a playoff chance. Once they are out of it, put JP in and find out whether he is, in fact, the QB of the future.

Guest BackInDaDay

As long as you guys understand that we are basically giving up on this season for the sake of one guy (which apparently was the original plan).

At this point, I would prefer Holcomb as long as we still have a playoff chance.  Once they are out of it, put JP in and find out whether he is, in fact, the QB of the future.

494656[/snapback]

Is it your hope that a mediocre season, where little is accomplished, ends by backing into a 1st round playoff loss? What hopes are then left for the future?

I can't understand this 'holy grail' mentality concerning the playoffs.

TD has waved this illusion under our noses long enough that we should now see it for what it is... slick marketing. It's easy to tell people what they want to hear, and we're making TD's work easy. Buffalo Bills fans are great fans because we are hopeful of better things and don't quit on our team. What angers me is how our hopes for are used against us.

We need TD to build a strong team. After all these years we shouldn't have to hang our hopes on stumbling into the playoffs.

I'm not going to get excited again until TD addresses both our lines with quality free agents and/or draft picks.

This team will go down as 5-11 for the rest of the season at best.

PLAY JP!!! Let him take his lumps!

Is it your hope that a mediocre season, where little is accomplished, ends by backing into a 1st round playoff loss?  What hopes are then left for the future?

I can't understand this 'holy grail' mentality concerning the playoffs.

TD has waved this illusion under our noses long enough that we should now see it for what it is... slick marketing.  It's easy to tell people what they want to hear, and we're making TD's work easy.  Buffalo Bills fans are great fans because we are hopeful of better things and don't quit on our team.  What angers me is how our hopes for are used against us. 

We need TD to build a strong team.  After all these years we shouldn't have to hang our hopes on stumbling into the playoffs.

494673[/snapback]

If your question is whether I would prefer to go to the playoffs than not go to the playoffs, I would prefer to go to the playoffs. Once in the playoffs, anything can happen. I cannot stand the fact that we have not even sniffed the playoffs since the home run throw up.

If your question is whether I would prefer to go to the playoffs than not go to the playoffs, I would prefer to go to the playoffs.  Once in the playoffs, anything can happen.  I cannot stand the fact that we have not even sniffed the playoffs since the home run throw up.

494721[/snapback]

Anything cannot happen. Ive repeated this many times over the years. In the 39 year history of the Super Bowl no team has ever played in the game that was not within 2 wins of best record in the conference. Will it happen someday-probably only when a team with a superstar QB gets into the playoffs when said superstar QB has missed at least 4 games which were losses. Outside of that, I doubt the 0 for 78 streak will end. Anything can happen in the playoffs-HOGWASH!!!!

MM has good instincts--I think he went with KH for fear of losing the team and the vets on it. Once he loses the team, it's over for everyone. I also think he was genuinely concerned that JP was going the wrong way. It's a delicate balance between keeping the team together and grooming a young QB. Although I personally would have liked to see JP out there being groomed, I trust MM's instincts.

In any event, as the original poster prognosticated, once Holmes and LJ run all over us (even before we get to LT probably), JP will be back and get a great stretch against quality opponents to develop.

The worst thing the Bills could have done is to play a competitive game against an average New Bruschi (We're not worthy!) (We're not worthy!) team to create the illusion the Bills are a competitive team.

It's a shame really. 

:blink:

494401[/snapback]

Well, I'm glad somebody in here will enjoy that if it happens :D

494656[/snapback]

No, the original plan was that a strong running game and an elite defense and special teams would make the rookie qb's job easy enough that all he'd have to do is hand the ball off and make a handful of throws a game (ala Rothlisburger.)

Instead we've got a sieve-like defense, special teams that frankly haven't been all that special, and an offense that has so far managed to scrape together 2 decent games out of eight played. Not to mention coaches who excel at outsmarting themselves.

I can't find the link anymore from msn, but I doubt we'll see JP at all if the veterans have it their way. There was an article up that was talking about how all the veterans think Holcomb should still be the starter.

It makes you wonder who really runs the team, and it can't help JP having teammates who don't want you starting.

I say put JP in, I would have liked to see him in the Patriots game. With such a depleted secondary and the fact he can go deep, I think we could have had just about as much of a chance as we did with Holcomb in. The saints don't have a very good pass defence so if your game plan is throw deep and RUN Willis ALL DAY, then we may have a chance.