What was YOUR reaction on that dreadful 4th down?

Outkast

He's thrown quite a few 0-5 yard passes on 3rd and 10 the last four games, so I wasn't too suprised by it. Of course, I was pretty sure they'd lose by halftime, up only 3-0 after playing an otherwise nearly perfect half. So my reaction was pretty much the same as yours.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got up grabbed my car keys and drove to friggin work without saying a word, and then in typical Bills fan fashion turned on the radio cuz hey maybe something miraculous could happen, listened to roscoe botch the punt, turned off the radio and sat in silence for the rest of the  drive. I took this shift to ensure seeing the game and now I have 8 hours to sit here and do nothing but mope. On a good note, I work at a hotel and a lady came in wearing a Pats SB t-shirt asking for directions downtown and I ensured she would be driving for at least an hour.   I am wearing my JP jersey and she made some comment about the game that was stupid and typical of someone not really a fan of the team she reps. And now she may end up in Corpus Christi before she gets to downtown San Antonio.

491362[/snapback]

BRILLIANT

I shut the tv off and went to bed wondering how many years I would get in jail for killing my roommate (he is a loud mouth Patriots fan). Lets just say, I am leaving for the Canadian Border in 5 minutes. Hello Ballet.

I just sat back and laughed. I wasn't surprised. Nor was I angry. I just simply shook my head and laughed.

491263[/snapback]

I was like why the F are you throwing a 2 yard hitch pattern on 4th and 7, 2nd, who the hell called for moulds to run a 2 yrd route?!?!?!?

I switched off the TV and headed to bed. it was almost 5am here.

but it is indicative of a team whose only attempt down the field was a badly overthrown pass into double coverage... I called the play to myself before it happened. KH just seems to want the ball outta his hands and in someone elses so they have responsibility to make the play

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING!!!!!"

That's what first came out of my mouth. Then there was a bunch of four letter words coming out. I hit the desk a few times with my fist.

My sister heard me and told me never to act that way again.

Obviously she just does'nt understand football fans like me.

I have to admit it, and it is good to know I wasn't alone...

Both hands grabbed my head to keep it from exploding, then they went out towards heaven in a pleading manner, followed by "what the f*** was that?".

"Tell me he didn't just throw that pass seven yards short of the sticks on a 4th down with no time left!".

No one else was in the room.

It was icing on the cake for the Tedy love fest that taught me that my new TV has some nifty mute functions. They showed so much footage of Tedy's wife that I actually flipped to a commercial for relief.

Then when those upstart Bills looked like they might take the game, the "just give it to them" officiating that we have come to expect in New England started kicking in. First on the Deon Branch long "catch" where the bobbled ball bounced off the turf, and later again with Branch down inside the 5, where the end of the ball hit the turf before he had control of it, and he did his little tuck and roll routine. And then it looked like Buffalo could still beat the refs and New England, but the hankies come out again on Eric's offensive pass interference call, etc.., etc... and I KNEW that the NFL would not let the likes of lowly Buffalo ruin Tedy's comeback.

Why did I still believe that we had a chance?

All that said, I was proud of the performance of our team for the most part. And it has been a long time since I could say that after a New England game in their house. Our Bills did not embarrass me, and they pushed the Patriots around like school girls for most of the game, and that was after the Patriots and their genious coach had 2 weeks to prepare for us.

I laughed my ass off.

But then, I'd been laughing my ass off at the hilarity of it all since the "performing an unnatural act" call and Patrick Pass dropping the ball to grab his hamstring. :doh: That whole game, from the trailer to the booth to all three teams (Pats, Bills, officials) on the field, was like watching one long Monty Python skit.

I laughed my ass off. 

That whole game, from the trailer to the booth to all three teams (Pats, Bills, officials) on the field, was like watching one long Monty Python skit.

492926[/snapback]

:doh: LOL!

I'm sorry but I have to steal that and plug it in to my sig. Thats exactly what I thought!

I gotta be honest. I really wasn't all that shocked, maybe I have become bitter and jaded. It doesn't matter how well they play, I keep waiting for the bone head play to happen because it ALWAYS does.

The really sad thing is that was the best play they could come up with on a 4th and 7. How about a quick slant right at dog ass tired Tedy Bruschi? Nah, we have to try and be cute.

One more question I have: If you need 7 yards, why is your "decoy" (the guy who was getting triple coverage) anyplace near the line of scrimage. He should have been drawing that coverage into the corner of the endzone to open up the middle of the field. But what the hell do I know.

I gotta be honest. I really wasn't all that shocked, maybe I have become bitter and jaded. It doesn't matter how well they play, I keep waiting for the bone head play to happen because it ALWAYS does.

The really sad thing is that was the best play they could come up with on a 4th and 7. How about a quick slant right at dog ass tired Tedy Bruschi? Nah, we have to try and be cute.

One more question I have: If you need 7 yards, why is your "decoy" (the guy who was getting triple coverage) anyplace near the line of scrimage. He should have been drawing that coverage into the corner of the endzone to open up the middle of the field. But what the hell do I know.

492945[/snapback]

Bingo! If you want him as a reall decoy, send him out where he could cause the most trouble, a game winning touchdown, not an out in the flat where he has to beat 2 to 3 guys to get even close to a first down. A dumbass play call by TC and a dumbass decision to throw by KH.

Oh, it wasn't Bledsoe? Whoops! It was like deja vu...

491349[/snapback]

Deja vu would have been the QB sitting on the bench in the 3rd quarter with his head down, the game just about out of reach, and all hope gone. At least this time it was exciting until the end.