Holcomb...

e-dog

I can't get the numbers from my replay but Patrick said Reed was slot right. Slot right stayed behind the first down marker, but a completion to him would have likely been a first down. Doesn't matter...Captain Dump-Off rides again...

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

We all know who's call it will be. It's time for that f-ing a-hole TD to tell his puppet to put JP back in.

Since TD has f-ed up this whole franchise do something right and put JP back in for the rest of the year and live with his ups and downs.

Holcomb can't throw down field and it's only going to get tougher. They will be lucky to go 4-4 over the second half of the year so put the kid in you stupid ass.

Holcomb is Bledsoe light. He's a tease. He does certain things very well and he makes you think he's got it but he's a career back-up. I'm glad he's on the team. He's a great #2. You just can't make those mistakes. And not even the obvious ones. There was a play that was 3rd and 10 or so and moulds was WIDE open and Holcomb completed the pass for 8 yards but it was two yards off. And there was no rush. And we needed that play. But he threw it one yard behind him when he should have thrown it one yard in front. It was a completion and still it was a bad pass. He can do certain things well. He will make a few passes a game that are excellent throws. he did it again today. And then he will tear your heart out. We had that with Drew.

Holcomb is Bledsoe light. He's a tease. He does certain things very well and he makes you think he's got it but he's a career back-up. I'm glad he's on the team. He's a great #2. You just can't make those mistakes. And not even the obvious ones. There was a play that was 3rd and 10 or so and moulds was WIDE open and Holcomb completed the pass for 8 yards but it was two yards off. And there was no rush. And we needed that play. But he threw it one yard behind him when he should have thrown it one yard in front. It was a completion and still it was a bad pass. He can do certain things well. He will make a few passes a game that are excellent throws. he did it again today. And then he will tear your heart out. We had that with Drew.

491210[/snapback]

Kelly, you took the words out of my mouth. Exactly what I've said since word came that JP was being benched. KH may fool you into thinking he's a competent starting QB with his completions/attempts statistics, but vouchsafe that he is a fraud. Did you see what happened in the first half and we got a grand total of 3 points? THREE points? This is exactly what happened that got JP pulled; what does it matter that KH is 17/24 while putting the same crap on the scoreboard? To anyone who thought that KH/The Bills dictated the game last night even with a ~40 min. ball control O, respectfully, you're wrong. Living in Patsie-land, I've seen every NE game in the past five years. I'm not going to say it's a great strategy for winning to stay close and win it with a miracle 4th Q drive --- that's for Bellichick to answer. And it shows in the Pats' record this year. But don't think that KH was doing anything the Pats didn't allow him to do. BB re-invented the dink-and-dunk with Weis. For sure, he knows how to stop it.

For everyone who enjoys mediocrity, that's what you get with KH. And next year when this Swiss cheese defense is rebuilding and there will be no falling back on it, the offense will be expected to pick up the slack and we'll again have to turn to an unschooled (b/c TD&MM didn't want to pay the tuition) Losman. And we'll have two suck-ass years when only one may have been necessary.

Only Reed and Parrish went beyond the marker.  Parrish may have been a decoy to draw the safeties away from the 1st down marker.  That only leaves Reed, who was covered, as an option.

KH should have thrown it downfield, but that play was botched from the time it left TC's lips... or in this case his ass.

490942[/snapback]

That play should never have happened. The officals call that chicken shlt offense pass interference on Moulds. Are you kidding me? That happens on 9 out of 10 pass plays. When it is the final drive let the players decide the outcome. It is a shame the officals had to put in their 2 cents.

491210[/snapback]

Thanks Kelly. I've been saying the same thing over and over again, since I saw Holcomb so much with the Browns: he will do just enough to break your heart.

Mike

Thanks Kelly.  I've been saying the same thing over and over again, since I saw Holcomb so much with the Browns:  he will do just enough to break your heart.

Mike

491543[/snapback]

Gee fellas, seeing as how both put up very similat stats in the TC system, ever think maybe the problem isn't the QB?

Holcomb was lucky he didn't get 3 more passes intercepted with his rag arm....I think Pennington has a stronger arm......I saw nothing he did that JP couldn't........

PUT IN JP! And Lets Roll....

KC is gonna run all over us anyways.......give the kid some time and he'll be ok....

JP JP JP!!!! JP!!!.....(ok enough)

Gee fellas, seeing as how both put up very similat stats in the TC system, ever think maybe the problem isn't the QB?

491546[/snapback]

This is an excellent one for MM's "Ask the Coach" thingy.

Unless they're screening out the questions with any criticism of TC. I don't remember one entry with MM being asked about his playcalling, and his tendency of forgetting to run the ball and instead going with the cute plays, especially at the goal line.

I don't really like Joe Theisman, but he had one good observation last night. When RP ran the end-around, he said something to the tune of 'This is the type of play you run when you're desperate and you're out of ideas.'

mcgahee was awesome...how come he wasnt a work horse when the rookie played

490824[/snapback]

Hit the nail on the head with this one. JP would have looked worlds better than he did INHO if they would have used their franchise RB. New Orleans was a perfect case for this when we run the ball down their throats and score then completely abandon the formula that was successful/

Yeah, how many points did he score?  How many 20-yar runs?

491242[/snapback]

Absolutely stupid. We lose by 40 if not for Willis dominating the Pats and grinding it out.

Do you mean a mistake by the left tackle who let the D End get by and blind side the QB?

491518[/snapback]

Can't blame KH for that one or Gandy for that matter. Ask yourself one thing: If you're running the ball all over a team and you have a late 4th quarter lead and the ball, what do you do? Only TC/MM and maybe Mike Martz answer with "Pass the ball."

491546[/snapback]

CCD., Now i am totally confused. Weren't you calling for the benching of JP ? And now you are saying the QB is NOT the problem ? Changed your mind on this one ?

For everyone who enjoys mediocrity, that's what you get with KH. And next year when this Swiss cheese defense is rebuilding and there will be no falling back on it, the offense will be expected to pick up the slack and we'll again have to turn to an unschooled (b/c TD&MM didn't want to pay the tuition) Losman. And we'll have two suck-ass years when only one may have been necessary.

491500[/snapback]

Kelly and UConn, exactly my thoughts. I said this when JP was benched and will say it again - KH is a very good backup but not a starter. As of now, he has done just enough to not be benched. But that is going to get us nowhere. Much as I dislike it, I think KH will continue to be the starter till we are statistically eliminated. And in this crazy parity-NFL, that may not happen till the last game of this season at which point we will have wasted this season.

491210[/snapback]

BEST POST OF THE DAY.

in case u forgot our 1-3 start...that WAS what jp can do...

490905[/snapback]

True dat. Actually I think Holcomb earned another start with a damn good showing against the World Champions in their own house.

Please someone tell me which quarterback would hold onto that ball after being hit by a freight train from the blind side?

This is the AFC Least and the playoffs are assured for no one yet. And no one will be counted out until at least week 13 or 14.

Try to win it. Holcomb gives us the best chance. JP is learning plenty from the sidelines and his happy feet aren't what this team and this o line needs right now.