Never fear, Tom Donahoe on the job

The fact that maybe he can play just as good but probably better alongside  a starting LT that was CUT by another team.  The fact that he could maybe be better than a waste of space G Bennie Anderson that was awful in Baltimore.  The fact that maybe, just maybe he could help us win football games.  I'm sure he is still better than 4 of our 5 lineman up front now.

The chance that maybe he could turn his "Mike Williams pre-2004 like" bad attitude around just like Big Mike did. 

Oh, I don't know, to me, when your line sucks ass, it wouldn't hurt to give a guy like that a chance.  I hear ya on the piss poor attitude thing, but we have no idea how good he was with the Browns.  That team was god awful last year.  After all, what made the cut/castoff Gandy so special of a pickup?

486272[/snapback]

From the same KFFL page I linked above:

Bills | Touch Base with Verba

Fri, 15 Jul 2005 12:16:39 -0700

ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports the Buffalo Bills touched base with the agent for free agent OT Ross Verba (Browns) earlier this week. They inquired about his status and his plans, thus keeping him on their radar screen.

They decided to go another direction for a reason. Since we weren't privy to their meetings, it may very well be that Verba didn't want to come to Buffalo - maybe it's too far from Iowa for him. Who knows?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Give the guy a pro-rated contract for 9 games and see how he does.  Do we have anything to lose?

486268[/snapback]

If he'd rather sit out than sign a 1-year deal for just over $1 Million, what makes you sure he'd agree to that?

With his crappy attitude, what makes you think he wouldn't do more harm than good?

With his crappy attitude, what makes you think he wouldn't do more harm than good?

Gerald Warren, Courtney Brown, Ekuban etc. sure changed their attitudes in a hurry when they became Broncos.

Point is, what we have is not working. I have no idea if Verba would work out with the Bills, you'd think the guy would want to try and salvage his career. Maybe it works out, maybe it doesn't...but at least try. Send the message that you're pissed and will try anything to help out the team. This is not cutting Bobby Shaw, but the players & fans need to know you're trying or else this ship is going down fast.

The fact that maybe he can play just as good but probably better alongside  a starting LT that was CUT by another team.  The fact that he could maybe be better than a waste of space G Bennie Anderson that was awful in Baltimore.  The fact that maybe, just maybe he could help us win football games.  I'm sure he is still better than 4 of our 5 lineman up front now.

The chance that maybe he could turn his "Mike Williams pre-2004 like" bad attitude around just like Big Mike did. 

Oh, I don't know, to me, when your line sucks ass, it wouldn't hurt to give a guy like that a chance.  I hear ya on the piss poor attitude thing, but we have no idea how good he was with the Browns.  That team was god awful last year.  After all, what made the cut/castoff Gandy so special of a pickup?

486272[/snapback]

I did not want that guy from the beginning, but at this point, maybe we need a little bit of a bad attitude on the OLine now.

From the same KFFL page I linked above:

They decided to go another direction for a reason.  Since we weren't privy to their meetings, it may very well be that Verba didn't want to come to Buffalo - maybe it's too far from Iowa for him.  Who knows?

486281[/snapback]

No doubt. However, more and more it looks like TD is the biggest reason we usually go in other directions. I'm not confident in TD's "directions" anymore. His time has come and hopefully, soon, it will be gone.

Point is, what we have is not working.

486300[/snapback]

No argument there, but my point is that there's not a helluva lot they can do about it now. Like I said, the guy wouldn't sign a 1 year deal for just over $1 Million, so I still don't see why he'd come to Bflo for a pittance.

He seems to hold his abilities in higher esteem than 32 NFL GMs do. Sure, we could bring him in - but at what cost? You wanna' commit to paying him 2.5 Million per year for 3 years?

Me neither.

No argument there, but my point is that there's not a helluva lot they can do about it now. Like I said, the guy wouldn't sign a 1 year deal for just over $1 Million, so I still don't see why he'd come to Bflo for a pittance.

He seems to hold his abilities in higher esteem than 32 NFL GMs do. Sure, we could bring him in - but at what cost? You wanna' commit to paying him 2.5 Million per year for 3 years?

Me neither.

Yes, back in July. Now its October and the guy isn't working yet. Maybe he'd take a pro-rated deal. Doesn't hurt to ask, and then announce that we spoke with him. At least it would give the appearance of trying.

Yes, back in July.  Now its October and the guy isn't working yet.  Maybe he'd take a pro-rated deal.  Doesn't hurt to ask, and then announce that we spoke with him.  At least it would give the appearance of trying.

486345[/snapback]

Or maybe he's disgruntled, out of shape, not a team player, sucked when he DID play last, and doesn't know our offense.

Or maybe he's disgruntled, out of shape, not a team player, sucked when he DID play last, and doesn't know our offense.

486366[/snapback]

Don't forget, he's also 32 with a bum arm, and won't sign a 1-year deal.

IMO, if he really wanted to play, and by that I mean not worry about his gameday checks but just play, he would be on someone's roster by now.

486366[/snapback]

I think you just described every member of our current offensive line. :)

Who cares?

486230[/snapback]

Apparently PTR does.

He must somehow think that trying out a nobody RB that no one's ever heard of who will at best see nothing more than the practice squad, from a league no one pays any attention to will somehow adversely effect the fortunes of this team...

I, for one, am happy that TD's addressing...well...something. Not sure what. I guess I'm just happy he's actually thinking about football once and a while and not sitting on his ass all day playing Minesweeper.

I, for one, am happy that TD's addressing...well...something.  Not sure what.  I guess I'm just happy he's actually thinking about football once and a while and not sitting on his ass all day playing Minesweeper.

486444[/snapback]

I am too. Occasionally you pick up a gem. At the very least, it's a courtesy to the fringe players. Nothing wrong with good will.