Is the Ralph turning into the Meadowlands?

duey

Come on people...it's a freaking football game! Can't we just watch the damn game and behave ourselves. If you can't conduct yourself in a civilized manner, stay the !@#$ home.

128 ejected, 10 arrested at Bills-Jets game

10/18/2005

Apex Security and Contemporary Services Corp. security officers ejected 128 people from Sunday's Bills-Jets game at Ralph Wilson Stadium, including at least 25 fans who were turned away at the gates for being visibly intoxicated.

Security officers logged 10 arrests inside the stadium. Six of the 10 were charged with criminal trespass, either for refusing to leave the stadium or for getting kicked out and coming back inside. The other arrests were for criminal mischief, harassment and disorderly conduct.

The ejection and arrest totals appeared to be the highest of the first four regular-season games, officials said.

Outside the stadium, Erie County sheriff's deputies made three arrests but were kept busy all afternoon and evening.

One person was charged with felony criminal mischief for allegedly slashing tires on two cars, while the others were charged with disorderly conduct and larceny.

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20051...?tbd7060914.asp

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats what you get with a 4:15 game.  3 extra hours of partying/tailgating = more morons

479040[/snapback]

Wait till the Denver game, 8:00PM start on a Saturday........some will be drinking 12 hours, Thats gonna leave a mark

While I was at the Dolphins game a week back (w/o the kids) I had anticipated bringing them to a game next year so I tailgated (good fun, within bounds but certainly the heavy partiers nothing spooky though), visited the fieldhouse (great kid friendly environment), and obviously attended the game (section 125) and learned quickly how un-kid friendly (to a certain age) the "stands" are.

No way would I pay $ to take my kids to a Bills game now (at least in section 125). Almost two complete rows of morons who I am sure were part of the ones that got kicked out this past game.

I do not mind defining "Dolphins suck" to my kids when they hear it, but the profuse use of "suck ccok", etc that was shouted EVERY MINUTE got old quick; not to mention !@#$ was shouted consistently EVERY OTHER MINUTE.

Again, they pay their money to attend, but wow what an embarassing and pathetic example of bills fans they were, clearly in the minority overall, but enough of them to be hesitant to ever attend a game with my kids.

Are Bills fans local to WNY really evolving into that? I hope WNY treats people better than what was evident because that was sad.

(This is not to mention the two fist fights in adjecent sections and the uncanny desire for MILF wanna be's to stand up at EVERY song and 'dance' - really one of the ladies needed a pole to dance around).

It's too bad a few idiots will end up ruining it for everyone else. Pretty soon beer wont be sold at the games anymore. For those of us that like a couple with the game and can manage to behave ourselves, we will be screwed because of the morons.

It's too bad a few idiots will end up ruining it for everyone else. Pretty soon beer wont be sold at the games anymore. For those of us that like a couple with the game and can manage to behave ourselves, we will be screwed because of the morons.

479076[/snapback]

Well, if that does happen, think of all the money you'll save! :D

I must admit, this type of thing is why I don't attend as many games as I would if there weren't drunk a-holes ruining the fun for everyone.

479057[/snapback]

Unfortunately the loss of your ticket sale does not equal the million dollars they make in beer sales.

While I was at the Dolphins game a week back (w/o the kids) I had anticipated bringing them to a game next year so I tailgated (good fun, within bounds but certainly the heavy partiers nothing spooky though), visited the fieldhouse (great kid friendly environment), and obviously attended the game (section 125) and learned quickly how un-kid friendly (to a certain age) the "stands" are.

No way would I pay $ to take my kids to a Bills game now (at least in section 125).  Almost two complete rows of morons who I am sure were part of the ones that got kicked out this past game.

I do not mind defining "Dolphins suck" to my kids when they hear it, but the profuse use of "suck ccok", etc that was shouted EVERY MINUTE got old quick; not to mention !@#$ was shouted consistently EVERY OTHER MINUTE.

Again, they pay their money to attend, but wow what an embarassing and pathetic example of bills fans they were, clearly in the minority overall, but enough of them to be hesitant to ever attend a game with my kids.

Are Bills fans local to WNY really evolving into that?  I hope WNY treats people better than what was evident because that was sad.

(This is not to mention the two fist fights in adjecent sections and the uncanny desire for MILF wanna be's to stand up at EVERY song and 'dance' - really one of the ladies needed a pole to dance around).

479067[/snapback]

There are "family zone" tickets where no alcohol is allowed. section 224,,225,226, 227 i think.

What is the attraction for getting sh-- faced at the game? When I had season tickets (86-94) I would have one or two drinks before the game and maybe one after. I went to see the game, not get drunk. I sat at the goal line on the Bills side. There were no fights in season ticket territory.

How many of the people arrested or thrown out were UB students or from NYC? I remember in the 70s and 80s the Jets games had the most fighting because of all the Long Islanders in the stands.

479067[/snapback]

This gets right back to the tired old discussion of what rights does a sports fan get when purchasing a ticket to an event. I certainly don't believe it gives me the right to get rip roaring drunk, to act like an obnoxious ass, and to offend everyone around me.

A sporting event is not only for drunken men between the ages of 21 and 40. Men, women and children of all ages should be able to attend without the fear of being verbally and/or physically abused or assaulted.

My daughter is six, and would love to go to a football game. It's not going to happen. Between what goes on in the parking lots (puking, pissing, cursing, taunting) and the BS she would see and hear inside the stadium, she is going to have to wait quite a while before she gets to see a game live.

Actually, if you guys want to take your kids, I suggest sitting in the Jim Kelly club level seats. I usually sit there 2xs per season, elsewhere another time or two. The difference is unbelieveable. Maybe its because the tix are more expensive, or because noone is screaming !@#$ and egging everyone on, but its a great environment to take kids to a game. You can still have a beer (unlike the no alcohol seats), if its too cold for the kiddos, they can go inside an warm up etc. When I have a kid & start taking him to games, I'm going in for a split of JK club seasons. Its really worth the price to give your kiddo a great game-day experience.

I was sitting up in Section 314 and it was lawlessness. There was a fight at the beginning of the game to the left of us. People were just crazy. I think it was worse due to the 4:15 start. I was at the Atlanta game and nothing like that happened. I think most of the trouble occurs in the cheaper sections because that is where you get most of your group sales. A lot of those groups take buses up and just get tanked. It was definitely a rowdy crowd. The Yellow Coats had a busy day.

It is sad but when you sit in certain sections of the stadium you can expect that kind of behavior.

Actually, if you guys want to take your kids, I suggest sitting in the Jim Kelly club level seats.  I usually sit there 2xs per season, elsewhere another time or two.  The difference is unbelieveable.  Maybe its because the tix are more expensive, or because noone is screaming !@#$ and egging everyone on, but its a great environment to take kids to a game.  You can still have a beer (unlike the no alcohol seats), if its too cold for the kiddos, they can go inside an warm up etc.  When I have a kid & start taking him to games, I'm going in for a split of JK club seasons.  Its really worth the price to give your kiddo a great game-day experience.

479171[/snapback]

The trouble is...I live around NYC, so I would be taking her to a Jets game. My father-in-law has his seasons six rows from the field in the east endzone. Rough crowd...rough crowd.