how 'bout that shawn bryson??

1 carry, 77 yards, and a TD. did you see his jets? that guy is still F-A-S-T. He allegedly had 4.3 speed coming in when butler drafted him, and he doesn't appear to have lost any of it. deion is clearly not as fast as he once was, but he's not *that* slow. bryson flat out sped away from him.

1 carry, 77 yards, and a TD. did you see his jets? that guy is still F-A-S-T.  He allegedly had 4.3 speed coming in when butler drafted him, and he doesn't appear to have lost any of it. deion is clearly not as fast as he once was, but he's not *that* slow. bryson flat out sped away from him.

472087[/snapback]

That was great, I was watching the game in a sports bar sitting next to a Ravens fan who said that he used to be a Felons fan before the Ravens came to town... we were both talking big smack about the Bills game. When Bryson broke that big run, I loved letting him know that an ex-Bill just broke the game open & your boys have lost to the frickin Lions, how humiliating! :rolleyes:

He allegedly had 4.3 speed coming in when butler drafted him, and he doesn't appear to have lost any of it. deion is clearly not as fast as he once was, but he's not *that* slow.

He's still fast but I don't thik he's as fast as he was when he came in the league. For what it's worth, the year before Deion "retired" I saw him run down from behind by a punter who had no angle on him (Micah Knorr maybe?). So it's no surprise he couldn't run down Bryson.

My favorite part of the run was the wicked move he put on Ed Reed who was left grabbing at air; it's not often you see somebody make that guy look bad.

Cya

He's still fast but I don't thik he's as fast as he was when he came in the league. For what it's worth, the year before Deion "retired" I saw him run down from behind by a punter who had no angle on him (Micah Knorr maybe?). So it's no surprise he couldn't run down Bryson.

My favorite part of the run was the wicked move he put on Ed Reed who was left grabbing at air; it's not often you see somebody make that guy look bad.

Cya

472128[/snapback]

i really think that bryson would have been a great player if not for the injuries. as i recall, i don't think butler and wade were ever as crestfallen as when bryson went down in training camp in 98 (or was it 99?) his rookie year. they loved him and thought he was the steal of the draft. it's too bad what happened to him. he's got it all physically: size, power, and blazing speed.

:)

Good point -- I was thinking the same thing!!!  I wonder how many other folks understand the point you're making.

:wub:

472286[/snapback]

Many of us were there. Thanks a million for the reminder. :rolleyes:

:angry:

i really think that bryson would have been a great player if not for the injuries. as i recall, i don't think butler and wade were ever as crestfallen as when bryson went down in training camp in 98 (or was it 99?) his rookie year.  they loved him and thought he was the steal of the draft. it's too bad what happened to him. he's got it all physically: size, power, and blazing speed.

472189[/snapback]

Bryson did seem to have it all - speed and size.

But it always seemed you could tackle him with a feather. Boom, down he goes. I never understood that lack of balance or whatever for such a large guy...

Funny, he was faster than fellow Vol Peerless Price (and every other Bill) back then.

1 carry, 77 yards, and a TD. did you see his jets? that guy is still F-A-S-T.  He allegedly had 4.3 speed coming in when butler drafted him, and he doesn't appear to have lost any of it. deion is clearly not as fast as he once was, but he's not *that* slow. bryson flat out sped away from him.

472087[/snapback]

When I saw that highlight, memories of Tim Tindale (1995 playoff game vs. Mijami) came to mind.

:pirate:

Good point -- I was thinking the same thing!!!  I wonder how many other folks understand the point you're making.

<_<

472286[/snapback]

I saw that game on the tube. DB's first game as a Bill opening day 2002. Man, what if........... :lol: