not official, but WGR reports Holcomb will start

DPR4444

I just heard a report from Paul Hamilton on WGR stating that although it has not been officially announced, "all indications" are that Holcomb will start.

466298[/snapback]

The question is if Holcomb does start will he get pressured or sacked as much as Losman?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The question is if Holcomb does start will he get pressured or sacked as much as Losman?

466506[/snapback]

Well, for every sack that Holcomb takes, there'd be about 6 horrible throws from JP resulting in 3 and outs or turnovers.

HOLCOMB WILL START

says Coach Tuesday.

Why? Because otherwise, MM would've announced today that JP was starting, and wouldn't have pulled JP from his usual Wednesday press conference. This is OBVIOUS. You who think that MM is simply trying to keep the 'Phins guessing are ridiculous - this is the QB we're talking about, and Losman's confidence is too important for those kinds of mind games.

I'll say it again - HOLCOMB WILL START on Sunday. Read the tea leaves, people.

Holcomb will NOT start Sunday. Mularkey pulled JP from his usual Wednesday press conference because he didn't want JP potentially blowing-up Ryan Leaf-style after the 20th question about how it would feel to be demoted/how it felt to me benched the last 2 games/how hard is it to lose/etc. Mularkey said that nothing has changed since Sunday, when he said JP would remain the starter.

HOLCOMB WILL START

says Coach Tuesday.

Why?  Because otherwise, MM would've announced today that JP was starting, and wouldn't have pulled JP from his usual Wednesday press conference.  This is OBVIOUS.  You who think that MM is simply trying to keep the 'Phins guessing are ridiculous - this is the QB we're talking about, and Losman's confidence is too important for those kinds of mind games.

I'll say it again - HOLCOMB WILL START on Sunday.  Read the tea leaves, people.

466585[/snapback]

I agree that he'll start. I also hope he gets sacked about 8 times, showing the masses that the real culprit is not the QB, but coaches who can't coach and a general manager who doesn't know how to manage.

Holcomb will NOT start Sunday.  Mularkey pulled JP from his usual Wednesday press conference because he didn't want JP potentially blowing-up Ryan Leaf-style after the 20th question about how it would feel to be demoted/how it felt to me benched the last 2 games/how hard is it to lose/etc.  Mularkey said that nothing has changed since Sunday, when he said JP would remain the starter.

466593[/snapback]

Wrong.

(Hmm... we've got a real Batman versus The Riddler thing going on, you and I...)

HOLCOMB WILL START

says Coach Tuesday.

Why?  Because otherwise, MM would've announced today that JP was starting, and wouldn't have pulled JP from his usual Wednesday press conference.  This is OBVIOUS.  You who think that MM is simply trying to keep the 'Phins guessing are ridiculous - this is the QB we're talking about, and Losman's confidence is too important for those kinds of mind games.

I'll say it again - HOLCOMB WILL START on Sunday.  Read the tea leaves, people.

466585[/snapback]

Why couldnt he just tell the team and JP, "Listen, JP, I promise you you're starting. Kelly is getting a couple reps this week with the first team. We'll keep you from having to answer all the questions so you can concentrate on getting ready for the game. But you're starting. We'll make the Dolphins prepare for both."

i haven't read the thread....so this may have already been mentioned...

but this wreaks of Ralph Wilson.

466462[/snapback]

Assuming that Holcombe does start, I think that you are 100% correct.

I don't disagree with themove mind you, but why would TD, who gave up a lot for Losman, order his coach to yank him. Is his job in jepordy? I think not.

No, I am thinking that RW has seen about enough to lose his patience.

Good call OTR!

Why couldnt he just tell the team and JP, "Listen, JP, I promise you you're starting. Kelly is getting a couple reps this week with the first team. We'll keep you from having to answer all the questions so you can concentrate on getting ready for the game. But you're starting. We'll make the Dolphins prepare for both."

466608[/snapback]

Because any QB with any rocks whatsoever would say back, "That's bullsh__ coach, if I'm the starter, let me come out and tell everyone and the team that, so there aren't any questions."

Because any QB with any rocks whatsoever would say back, "That's bullsh__ coach, if I'm the starter, let me come out and tell everyone and the team that, so there aren't any questions."

466614[/snapback]

JP Losman, with his limited experience and poor play, is in NO position to dictate to the coach. He needs to do what he is told, collect his huge salary, and shut up.