criqui and tasker doing bills/saints....

eball

Yup. Having 2 people who love the Bills is always terrible. <_<

Look. They ALL stink, when you get right down to it. At least these guys know our team.

BTW - I've been watching CFL games on Channel 5 without any commentators. (CBC is on strike). You can only hear the PA guy making the quick comments after the play.

Pure heaven.

better than the 2 guys we had last week

460192[/snapback]

The announcers last week were pitiful. Bill Maas must have got his ass kicked by Kent Hull or something, becuase this guy had a vengence. He was polishing up the Falcons and Vick like they won three superbowls and treating the Bills like a high school team. The other guy I've never heard of and probaly never will in the future. Fox games always kill the AFC teams and suck off the NFC like Clintons cigar.

We know the two of them are going for the Bills. I rather like Tasker and any time he is negative it is only an attempt to hide his true feelings.

Cut the guy some slack.

460277[/snapback]

that's the point. tasker goes overboard to prove he's not a homer, and in the process comes across like a jackass.

criqui is merely past his prime. 20 years ago he was a GREAT play-by-play guy.

these two suck. plain and simple.

that's the point.  tasker goes overboard to prove he's not a homer, and in the process comes across like a jackass.

criqui is merely past his prime.  20 years ago he was a GREAT play-by-play guy.

these two suck.  plain and simple.

460372[/snapback]

Exactly. There's a reason why they're CBS's bottom-feeder crew.

As for Gannon, I thought he did an excellent job during the Bills/Bucs game. I'm hoping we see more of him.

For any within the broadcasting area, it would be well worth your while to (if you don't do so already) turn down the TV's volume and put on the FM broadcast from AVP and Murphy. Murph is smooth while AVP adds some real useful color analysis, including my favorite : x's and o's B-)

Criqui is the single most horrible announcer on national television covering any sport.

460395[/snapback]

In the preseason, he was the Patriots call-guy for the local channel in Boston. After a while, when you really listen to it, his voice is annoying, especially while verbally fellating Tom Brady et al. But I'd say that the only thing worse is him having Rwandy Crwoss as his color guy, (doubly so, as in true Not-that-there's-anything-wrong-with-that mode, he was sporting a new full moustache) doing the same thing. I turned the sound down 42 notches while I was scouting the enemy.

As for Gannon, I thought he did an excellent job during the Bills/Bucs game. I'm hoping we see more of him.

460384[/snapback]

I agree. He stumbled a bit in the beginning, but was really quite good.

And Eball...just be patient. The season will be over soon enough, and there will be no football for eight months and you won't have to listen to anyone.

that's the point.  tasker goes overboard to prove he's not a homer, and in the process comes across like a jackass.

criqui is merely past his prime.  20 years ago he was a GREAT play-by-play guy.

these two suck.  plain and simple.

460372[/snapback]

Wrong IMHO. I laugh when people say things like this. He calls like it is. Anyone who thinks otherwise is paranoid and thin-skinned IMHO.

turn down the TV's volume and put on the FM broadcast from AVP and Murphy. Murph is smooth while AVP adds some real useful color analysis, including my favorite : x's and o's  B-)

460392[/snapback]

The only problem with that is the TV feed is on a 3-5 second delay. Murphy is broadcasting " the pass is completed to ___ " before the QB even throws it.

Gannon is replacing Brent Jones who quit .  He will not be doing our game.  It will be the Northwestern star  and  Criqui.

460199[/snapback]

According to the Buffalo News (http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20051...?tbd1006956.asp)

Don Criqui and Rich Gannon will work the Saints game for CBS, which revised its lineup after analyst Brent Jones decided to leave CBS. Steve Tasker, who originally was assigned the Bills game, was moved to the Houston-Cincinnati game with Gus Johnson (who had worked with Jones).

According to the Buffalo News (http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20051...?tbd1006956.asp)

Don Criqui and Rich Gannon will work the Saints game for CBS, which revised its lineup after analyst Brent Jones decided to leave CBS. Steve Tasker, who originally was assigned the Bills game, was moved to the Houston-Cincinnati game with Gus Johnson (who had worked with Jones).

460452[/snapback]

Wow. When I saw him at the airport yesterday (his flight to Cincy was boading right next to mine to Cleveland), I just assumed he was also picking up a connecting flight out here. Guess not.