Napoleon Dynamite thoughts

The Poojer

Did everyone see the wedding scene between Napoleaons brother and Lawfanda after the end credits

I just happen to leave the movie on as it ended and go the suprise bonus scene. I could see how many could have missed this SWWWEEEEETTTT scene. The rap that his brother sang to Lawfanda was incredible, as was Lawfanda's family squirming as they watched her marry the Oh so white geek. :lol:

And from the "Karma Can Be a B word' Dept...from all the grief I gave you about The Wiggles...thanks to watching with my son I now have 3 or 4 of their songs constantly stuck in my head. I'm seriously thinking about a lobotomy!

457951[/snapback]

Just wait till the 3 or 4 becomes 20 or 30.

Hell, Emily even went to see the wiggles with her mother.

Hot Potato...Hot Potato!

Gotta go with you on that one. Watching a video of himself pretending he was a quarterback? That slayed me.

458049[/snapback]

How much you wanna make a bet I can throw a football over them mountains?... Yeah... Coach woulda put me in fourth quarter, we would've been state champions. No doubt. No doubt in my mind.

:lol:

Also the part where they're sitting in the diner and he keeps checking out his guns. I was ROFL

How much you wanna make a bet I can throw a football over them mountains?... Yeah... Coach woulda put me in fourth quarter, we would've been state champions. No doubt. No doubt in my mind.

:lol:

Also the part where they're sitting in the diner and he keeps checking out his guns.  I was ROFL

458124[/snapback]

Pedro offers you his protection

Count me as one of the pro Napoleon. And the others are right. When I first saw the movie I didnt know what to think of it. I didnt really want to watch it the second time but had a few beers and got talked into it. I laughed my ass off. I think Ive watched it maybe three times since.

Here's the thing, these Mormon brothers made a movie on the cheap with absolutely no swearing. They follow the typical comic book hero formula by putting the "out of place" nerd into a position to save the day and get the girl. Napoleon’s superpower is his heretofore unknown dancing skill.

Everyone on the planet can relate in some way to feeling out of place. That's why this formula resonates with everyone, but especially with nerds that are always out of place (and folks in the uber-cool clique like Don, Summer and Trisha never let them forget it). Napoleon never lets his awkwardness get in the way of his actions. We all wish we could do this. Napoleon is a hero. This is exemplified in the epilogue wedding scene where he rides in triumphantly on the honeymoon stallion.

I also love the fact that the entire movie seemed to be set in the 80s with the exception of the existence of the internet.

"And now a skit from our very own Happy Hands Group."

Okay, I've thought too much about this. :devil:

I watched this movie a few weeks ago.  I may be in the minority here, but I thought it really sucked.  I laughed once during the entire movie.  I'm not trying to steal your thread here, I just don't get it.

457909[/snapback]

same here. The only time I laughed was when Napoleon got hit in the face with the steak

Good movie. Though, it is an acquired taste. Like others, I didn't like it the first viewing.

But my daughter watched the movie several more times, and I started to see different things and began to like it.

On top of that, my daughter does a great Napoleon Dynamite imitiation (I told she should be concerned that she can do that so well)... she has us all rolling on the floor when she runs like Napoleon.

I wanted to turn it off halfway through, but I kept it on because a bunch of people have said it was good.  Now I know that they were wrong.

457933[/snapback]

I think a lot of people probably hyped this up more than it deserved, and you were expecting a downright hilarious movie. It definitely has a unique humor. That kinda happened to me with "Something About Mary," I had 10 people per day shocked that I hadn't seen it yet and telling me it was the greatest movie ever. I think my expectations were too high and I was a little let down. But as I saw it again....

Personally I laughed hard during ND.

Uncle Rico checking out his pipes, and hitting Napolean in the face with a steak are fantastic.

"You're just jealous cause I've been chatting online with babes all day."

Here's the thing, these Mormon brothers made a movie on the cheap with absolutely no swearing.  They follow the typical comic book hero formula by putting the "out of place" nerd into a position to save the day and get the girl.  Napoleon’s superpower is his heretofore unknown dancing skill. 

Everyone on the planet can relate in some way to feeling out of place.  That's why this formula resonates with everyone, but especially with nerds that are always out of place (and folks in the uber-cool clique like Don, Summer and Trisha never let them forget it).  Napoleon never lets his awkwardness get in the way of his actions.  We all wish we could do this.  Napoleon is a hero.  This is exemplified in the epilogue wedding scene where he rides in triumphantly on the honeymoon stallion.

I also love the fact that the entire movie seemed to be set in the 80s with the exception of the existence of the internet.

"And now a skit from our very own Happy Hands Group."

Okay, I've thought too much about this.  <_<

458257[/snapback]

Sounds like they swiped from old b&w Jerry Lewis movies... :P

good call on something about mary, i wasn't thrilled the first time i saw it, too much hype, now I watch it whenever it is on.

I think a lot of people probably hyped this up more than it deserved, and you were expecting a downright hilarious movie.  It definitely has a unique humor.  That kinda happened to me with "Something About Mary," I had 10 people per day shocked that I hadn't seen it yet and telling me it was the greatest movie ever.  I think my expectations were too high and I was a little let down.  But as I saw it again....

Personally I laughed hard during ND.

Uncle Rico checking out his pipes, and hitting Napolean in the face with a steak are fantastic.

"You're just jealous cause I've been chatting online with babes all day."

459718[/snapback]

I'm definitely in the camp that loved the film. It was unique, funny, witty, and endearing. I liked it my first time, but LOVED it after the second viewing. During the first viewing I took a drink right when they cut to the scene where Napoleon is standing by his locker, and then someone comes up and LAUNCHES him into it......Half of my drink went on the floor and the other half out my nose B-)