Dr.Z (SI) lists Eric Moulds in his Top 10

ganesh

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

look where he put moss and owens.

thats insain. no way is chad johnson better than eather of those 2 guys.

450799[/snapback]

Actually, I agree with him that Johnson is better than both. In fact, I'd rank Johnson just behind Harrison. The guy is a stud and people will come to realize that this year now that Palmer appears comfortable. I will say, however, that there is no way Hines Ward is a better WR than either (Muhammad isn't either). As much as I like and respect Ward, he just doesn't have the ability to stretch the field like either Moss or Owens. Also, if you read Z's reasoning, you'd see that it's their attitudes that are holding them back in the rankings, not their talent.

Its nice to see someone recognize Moulds, though I’m not sure he’s really deserving of it at this point in his career. Like Z, I wonder what kind of career he could have had if he had a good/great QB throwing him the ball for most of it. GD its been a long time since we’ve had a good QB :D

Actually, I agree with him that Johnson is better than both.  In fact, I'd rank Johnson just behind Harrison.  The guy is a stud and people will come to realize that this year now that Palmer appears comfortable.  I will say, however, that there is no way Hines Ward is a better WR than either (Muhammad isn't either).  As much as I like and respect Ward, he just doesn't have the ability to stretch the field like either Moss or Owens.  Also, if you read Z's reasoning, you'd see that it's their attitudes that are holding them back in the rankings, not their talent.

Its nice to see someone recognize Moulds, though I’m not sure he’s really deserving of it at this point in his career.  Like Z, I wonder what kind of career he could have had if he had a good/great QB throwing him the ball for most of it.  GD its been a long time since we’ve had a good QB  :D

450937[/snapback]

Yeah, Muhammad is lucky to be on the list, much less ranked up there. Thats the only choice that I find really strange.

Ward is known to be a blocking WR (pitt does have the awesome running game) Owens is too proud to block and Moss doesnt have the muscle. He still got great hands and seems to have every aspect of the game down pat.

Where did Chad Johnson come from? What year/round was he drafted in. The guy just seemed to come out of no where and has really turned some heads.

Damn, Dr. Z!!  What are you trying to do, kill me?  I almost choked on my popcorn @ seeing Moss as the #7 receiver and Muhsin Muhammad as the #2 receiver in the league.

450948[/snapback]

This seems to be a lifetime acheivement award not a "how they rank this year" list. If that is the case he is not that far off. Today, it is hard to argue Moss and Owens not being 1 and 2.

Your point being?

450965[/snapback]

Either he should not criticize MM for saying that Moulds is not the player he once was, OR, he should not use a sarcastic but gross distortion of what MM said about Moulds not being the player he once was in another thread as a "he-couldn't-be-because" comment on Dr. Z's choice of Moulds in the top 10. <_<

See, sarcasm like that would actually work if you weren't the guy complaining about MM saying Moulds wasn't as good a player as he once was. The way it goes now, it makes you look dumb both times.  :(

450953[/snapback]

Sometimes you just can't hold back a good rant. <_<

Dwight Clark, John Stallworth and the late Don Hutson just missed his current top 10.

Dr. Z = RJ

Someone should elbow him in the solar plexus so he can wake up and change channels away from ESPN Classic. Man, that's one crappy list.

What was so terribly wrong with the list? Did he leave a bunch of guys out and who should have all these guys replaced? Do y'all have something against veteran craft and guile or do you think that every young kid that enters the league with a hot 40 time is automatically a great receiver? Let's hear your major upgrades......

10)DMason

9)EMoulds

8)JSmith

7)Moss

6)T.O.

5)ChadJohnson

4)THolt

3)HWard

2)Muhsin

1)Marvin

My alterations would only involve two guys. I would reluctantly bounce Derrick Mason in favor of Andre Johnson, whose numbers aren't much to look at but I think he's become one of the elite that quickly.

I would also bounce Torry Holt, who I think is wildly over-rated. Then I would find a way to fit Joe Horn in somewhere around the 6-7 slot.

Cya

What was so terribly wrong with the list? Did he leave a bunch of guys out and who should have all these guys replaced? Do y'all have something against veteran craft and guile or do you think that every young kid that enters the league with a hot 40 time is automatically a great receiver? Let's hear your major upgrades......

10)DMason

9)EMoulds

8)JSmith

7)Moss

6)T.O.

5)ChadJohnson

4)THolt

3)HWard

2)Muhsin

1)Marvin

My alterations would only involve two guys. I would reluctantly bounce Derrick Mason in favor of Andre Johnson, whose numbers aren't much to look at but I think he's become one of the elite that quickly.

I would also bounce Torry Holt, who I think is wildly over-rated. Then I would find a way to fit Joe Horn in somewhere around the 6-7 slot.

Cya

451129[/snapback]

10. D Mason

9. E Moulds

8. Steve Smith

7. Marvin Harrison

6. Joe Horn

5. Hines Ward

4. Chad Johnson

3. Torry Holt

2. Randy Moss

1. TO

Steve Smith is a burner who's quickly coming into his own. He runs good routes and has great hands. He's quickly climbing the ranks. Joe Horn was the biggest omission on any of these lists. The guy is great, and never gets any respect, but he'll get it from me. I'm not a huge fan of Harrison. Yeah he has a lot of stats, but I just don't think he's more a product of manning that anything else, thats why he gets pushed back on my list, but his stats keep him in the top 10. Randy Moss doesn't beat out TO, maybe when he decides to play to his talent level sure, but for now they don't get any better then the man who "loves him some him".