Bledsoe

nemhoff

Bledsoe looked good for the better part of that game, and I think that he looked pretty good against the Chargers too. A decent Oline makes a world of difference.

But, alas, we see the old Drew that frustrated us so badly over the past few years. On 4th and four, Drew throws a three yard in. Game over. Where have we seen that? Passing to a receiver short of the yard marker. Good luck Cowboy fans, you can't beat the skins on your field...get ready for a long 14 weeks

Bledsoe looked good for the better part of that game, and I think that he looked pretty good against the Chargers too.  A decent Oline makes a world of difference.

But, alas, we see the old Drew that frustrated us so badly over the past few years.  On 4th and four, Drew throws a three yard in.  Game over.  Where have we seen that?  Passing to a receiver short of the yard marker.  Good luck Cowboy fans, you can't beat the skins on your field...get ready for a long 14 weeks

447381[/snapback]

I love these posts! :D

He was about to be hit, and hits an open receiver who ran a 3-yard route on 4th and 4. CLEARLY that's Bledsoe's fault. :doh:

I'm not a Bledsoe apologist, but you Bledsoe-bashers really are myopic. :doh:

Its actually kind of funny that we have DB apologists (who say they are not) and Drew bashers (who say they like Drew) still throwing jabs on the board......

Myself.....I am a former extreme Drew Bledsoe apologist who woke up one day after yet another year of missing the playoffs and realized that while Drew wasn't the sole reason why things went wrong....he did absolutely NOTHING do turn it the other direction.......

Time to move on.....

I love these posts!  :D

He was about to be hit, and hits an open receiver who ran a 3-yard route on 4th and 4. CLEARLY that's Bledsoe's fault.  :doh:

I'm not a Bledsoe apologist, but you Bledsoe-bashers really are myopic.  :doh:

447384[/snapback]

Rat-Boy, with all due respect, Glenn was an idiot for running a short route. But there are at least 3 and probably 4 other receivers on the field and that IS Drew's fault for throwing the ball (I don't think that his receiver made him throw it) to the wideout that is short (or even close) of the sticks.

Oh, and I am neither pro or anti Bledsoe. I like the guy and was getting ready to post a "good game and good luck" thread about him. But he was not able to get the job done at the end of the game, as with the rest of his team.

I'm glad he's gone. Dude can throw the rock, but he is a statue back there. Our line was unable to give him the extra time to gaze at the entire field prior to tapping the ball and putting it in the air.

I also have a problem with our receivers' inability to get open. These guys have all the talent in the world, why can't they get open?

I was thrilled the Cowboys lost. Schadenfroid, I think it's called. Joy at another's misery. I don't want Bledsoe lighting it up while his replacement looks like a replacement.

Rat-Boy, with all due respect, Glenn was an idiot for running a short route.  But there are at least 3 and probably 4 other receivers on the field and that IS Drew's fault for throwing the ball (I don't think that his receiver made him throw it) to the wideout that is short (or even close) of the sticks.

Oh, and I am neither pro or anti Bledsoe.  I like the guy and was getting ready to post a "good game and good luck" thread about him.  But he was not able to get the job done at the end of the game, as with the rest of his team.

447392[/snapback]

Which one was open on the hot route?

The play was designed to go where it went because of the D. The receiver absolutely must run a four yard or more route when he has four yards to go for the first. The QB is looking at his receivers and has the right to presume that he has run the proper route.

I'm glad he's gone.  Dude can throw the rock, but he is a statue back there.  Our line was unable to give him the extra time to gaze at the entire field prior to tapping the ball and putting it in the air.

I also have a problem with our receivers' inability to get open.  These guys have all the talent in the world, why can't they get open?

I was thrilled the Cowboys lost.  Schadenfroid, I think it's called.  Joy at another's misery.  I don't want Bledsoe lighting it up while his replacement looks like a replacement.

447394[/snapback]

TC, good call. I thought that both he and Brunell threw really good looking long passes, Drew can still throw a nasty, tight, and accurate long pass. The game has changed though and a good throw needs to be coupled with some legs to move!

Rat-Boy, with all due respect, Glenn was an idiot for running a short route.  But there are at least 3 and probably 4 other receivers on the field and that IS Drew's fault for throwing the ball (I don't think that his receiver made him throw it) to the wideout that is short (or even close) of the sticks.

Oh, and I am neither pro or anti Bledsoe.  I like the guy and was getting ready to post a "good game and good luck" thread about him.  But he was not able to get the job done at the end of the game, as with the rest of his team.

447392[/snapback]

Fair enough. At least you agree that part of the blame goes to Glenn and that the TEAM screwed up. Was it Julius Jones or Drew or Terry Glenn that gave up two long TD's on defense in a 2 minute span? I don't think so.

We at TSW love to scapegoat. We'd scapegoat Kelly, RJ, Flutie, Drew, etc. when there was a loss. Sometimes they deserved it, but all the time? Failing to see the forest for the trees, I think. :doh:

Fair enough. At least you agree that part of the blame goes to Glenn and that the TEAM screwed up. Was it Julius Jones or Drew or Terry Glenn that gave up two long TD's on defense in a 2 minute span? I don't think so.

We at TSW love to scapegoat. We'd scapegoat Kelly, RJ, Flutie, Drew, etc. when there was a loss. Failing to see the forest for the trees, I think.  :doh:

447399[/snapback]

RB, I don't blame Drew as much as others for our inabilities last year and certainly don't put the scapegoat on him. Honestly, at the TB game, I was missing him a bit watching JP look like a deer in the headlights. Drew would have been a ton better in Buffalo with a more capable pass blocking Oline.

I don't blame any offensive player for the 2 TDs late in the game tonight, but there was something about that last drive and DB wilting in a very familiar way that reminded me of so many late game drives (see Pats at Buffalo last year). Also, all the sacks that Brunell took early in the game sooooo reminded me of Bledsoe last year

I love these posts!  :lol:

He was about to be hit, and hits an open receiver who ran a 3-yard route on 4th and 4. CLEARLY that's Bledsoe's fault.  :o

I'm not a Bledsoe apologist, but you Bledsoe-bashers really are myopic.  :doh:

447384[/snapback]

See that is the thing.

DB will always take the safe route out that will not allow criticism.

Yes, the receiver should have ran to the stick... HE COULDN'T. The defense was taking it away. So the receiver laid up short in hope of a RAC. That is exactly how the defense defends it.

How many times has DB saw this... He needs to fight the conservative urge to bite on these plays.

Given the situation, coverage and the receiver laying up short... It was DB responsibilty to make it happen with a QB run. :D:doh: Ya right, like that is a possibility!

If I was a Dallas fan I would be a lot happier coming up short that way.

:lol::o

We at TSW love to scapegoat. We'd scapegoat Kelly, RJ, Flutie, Drew, etc. when there was a loss. Sometimes they deserved it, but all the time? Failing to see the forest for the trees, I think.  :doh:

447399[/snapback]

Good points...people never seem to factor in that there is another team on the field trying to win a game as well. Only one team can win. It doesn't always mean the losing team had a bad game.

I can't fault Bledsoe on 4th down play at all. Imagine the field day Bledsoe bashers would have had if Bledsoe went long on that play, to a covered receiver for an incompletion. They would have pissed themselves, screaming, "Same old Drew, he goes long on 4th and 4, when he has Terry Glen wide open right in front of him!" Personally, I would prefer, game on the line, for the QB to throw to the guy 3 yards in front of him, even if it is short, and take my chance he can pick up the extra yard, than go downfield, for what is statistically, a lower percentage play. I don't think Cowboys fans can be too pissed at Bledsoe at this point. If anyone is to blame on that particular play, it is Glen. Bledsoe has the responsibility, in that situation, to take care of the ball, not got sacked, and complete a pass. He did his job. Glens job is to catch the ball, and make sure he is at, or beyond the first down marker. He only did half his job. Bledsoe is what he is, we all know he is not going to buy a lot of time with his feet, he can't be blamed, at this point, for not being more mobile.

If you watched Bledsoe on the final drive, he was doing the same friggin thing that made some of us mad as hell with the guy when he was in Buffalo....he locked on to his receiver with his eyes and failed to go through his reads! Not just on the short pass to T.Glenn, but the pass to P.Crayton almost got him KILLED. Sean Taylor started sprinting toward Crayton before Drew even released the damn ball! lol That was the most vicious hit I've seen so far this year

If you watched Bledsoe on the final drive, he was doing the same friggin thing that made some of us mad as hell with the guy when he was in Buffalo....he locked on to his receiver with his eyes and failed to go through his reads!

447424[/snapback]

I am absolutely amazed at what some people can see on a television. You must have a new version that allows you to see through a helmet and a skull.

I am absolutely amazed at what some people can see on a television.  You must have a new version that allows you to see through a helmet and a skull.

447463[/snapback]

Two clues: His head didn't move off the receiver, and Sean Taylor started his rampage five yards off the ball before Drew even threw it.....read the post before ya post nonsense!