Ivan- New Orleans will sink

SF Bills Fan

"a direct strike by a full-strength Hurricane Ivan — could submerge much of this historic city treetop-deep in a stew of sewage, industrial chemicals and fire ants, and the inundation could last for weeks, experts say."

could they have painted an uglier picture?

jeez!

yah but Ivan aint gonna hit the big easy directly, plus they are on the west side of the storm, the weaker side...its turning back east, more towards the panhandle of fla, and we are gonna feel a good chunk of ti here in tallahassee...

of all the tips that everyone gave me, and being in an apartment with no power for 5 days, and a town with no power for 4 days, the one thing i really wish i had during Frances was a GRILL. and charcoal and lighter fluid. Im sure its getting late now, but everyone thinks of flashlights, batteries, etc. The one thing that sucked the worse (after of course the threat of immenent death) was once the storm was over, PB&J sucks after about two meals of it. I had friends though, that were eating like kings. So long as you have a cooler packed with ice, everything will stay fresh for 2 days or more. And you can cook ANYTHING on a grill. They made eggs for breakfast (on a pan, smartasses, no they didnt fall through the grates :D ) , of course meat, etc, and COFEE. Just boiled the water in a pot on the grill and dumped it through a coffee filter.

just my $.02.

The storm sucks. Being without power for days on end sucks worse. Good luck all.

"a direct strike by a full-strength Hurricane Ivan — could submerge much of this historic city treetop-deep in a stew of sewage, industrial chemicals and fire ants, and the inundation could last for weeks, experts say."

could they have painted an uglier picture?

jeez!

31790[/snapback]

So basically...it's just Mardi Gras sans topless women... :D

What Ramius said. Mobile Bay looks like ground zero at the moment, so New Orleans appears to escape the worst case scenario. As I understand it they could have problems from Lake Pontchartrain, but it could be a lot worse.