Nate Clements is the most under appreciated

ganesh

Rising starts at each position in the NFL

This guys must really hate the bills....Clements who is making play after

play is not even in the list of 5 CBs that are rising stars in the league....

And Bryant McKennie is there...but no Mike Williams....Uhh..

And Marvin Lewis is ahead of Mularkey....Hello....Lewis was 8-8 last

season....Mularkey was 9-7 in his rookie year and almost went to the

playoffs...

playoffs...

442463[/snapback]

Probably because NC is not a rising star but is already a star. I think he is playing at his peak. I was surprised not to see Lee Evans in the list.

To top it off, four out of six USA Today "experts" are picking the Bucs.

Linky

At least one of their "experts" figured out that his is an idiot. Jeff Zillgitt Of course, though, he picked against the Bills again.

The line between genius and idiot is often blurred.

I walk the line, swerving into idiot territory far more than I care to admit.

Falcons over the Eagles, genius.

Texans over the Bills, idiot.

The hits keep on coming: In USA Today's fantasy football section, they listed the Bucs D under fantasy studs for Week Two.

Buccaneers defense:  After making Daunte Culpepper look like a rookie, Tampa gets to welcome the not-so-seasoned J.P. Losman into the Florida heat. The Bills weren't great offensively in Week 1, they may be downright awful Sunday.

Linky

At least one of their "experts" figured out that his is an idiot. Jeff Zillgitt Of course, though, he picked against the Bills again.

The hits keep on coming: In USA Today's fantasy football section, they listed the Bucs D under fantasy studs for Week Two.

442502[/snapback]

Let us reserve judgment on the experts till after the game, shall we ?

Buccaneers defense:  After making Daunte Culpepper look like a rookie, Tampa gets to welcome the not-so-seasoned J.P. Losman into the Florida heat. The Bills weren't great offensively in Week 1, they may be downright awful Sunday.

442502[/snapback]

Let's hope they really are keying in on Losman for this game, so Willis can tear them a new ****.

Linky

442502[/snapback]

Why wouldn't they pick the Bucs? They've made a living making first year starting QBs into road pizza - especially at Raymond James.

playoffs...

442463[/snapback]

Nate was so beaten on the Troy Vincent interception, the potential bomb TD to Andre Johnson. If not for Vincent, Johnson would have had the TD for sure.

Clements is very good, but he's not the best cornerback in the league. That being said I do hope Nate lowers his top dollar demand and signs long term with the Bills.

I defintiely say if you made the Pro Bowl (a somewhat accurate popiularity contest but a popularity contest nonetheless) you are already a star and not rising. Thus I agree with those who do not have NC on this list because he is already a star.

However, the measure to me is are there players who have Pro Bowls to come on their resume and I'd name the following Bills as rising stars:

1. Moorman- should have made it last year and its probably just a matter of time.

2. McGahee- Also a matter of time as long as he remains healthy

3. Evans- His team leading number of TDs last year makes him an obvious choice He seems on his way to avoiding the Reed sophomore slump.

4. Losman- The jury is way out on this one, but his rapid rise and having O gurus as HC and OC and the incredible gift of having a former offensive minded HC as QB coach makes it certainly possible for a player with 1st round talent.

5. Williams- I doubt he will become a star because his meltdown last year took him off track and OL is difficult to see for pundits. Thus us a make or break year for him becoming a star.

6. Peters- I have little confidence that Williams will become a star and actually am about at the same level in judging Peters. Yet, he was so well regarded by scouts that he had to be activated last year or we would have lost him, he is a UDFA who blocks a kick and scores a TD last year because he is unblockable, he is judged to be the best LT propsect JMac ever saw, and in his first game this year he scores another TD on a tackle eligible play. I think he may end up being one of the feel-good stories of the year the NFL loves and if he actually breaks through to the line-up next year) either as an LT who gets a few tackle eligible TDs or blocks another kick or forces the Bills to use him at TE if there are more injuries I think he may be the star MW wants to be.

7. Fletcher- He is a bit old to be called rising and he does have an SB ring, but he has never made a Pro Bowl and there is a close argument on TSW whether he is in fact the best LB on the Bills right now (he certainly gives the most bang for the buck of any LB in the NFL. I mean talk about underappreciated.

Nate was so beaten on the Troy Vincent interception, the potential bomb TD to Andre Johnson. If not for Vincent, Johnson would have had the TD for sure.

Clements is very good, but he's not the best cornerback in the league. That being said I do hope Nate lowers his top dollar demand and signs long term with the Bills.

442567[/snapback]

Let me know which CB doesn't EVER get beaten, especially by one of the top 5 receivers in the game. I watched Jerry Porter toast Champ Bailey over and over again last season. Is he the best?

Let me know which CB doesn't EVER get beaten, especially by one of the top 5 receivers in the game.  I watched Jerry Porter toast Champ Bailey over and over again last season.  Is he the best?

442676[/snapback]

If your "the best" then you don't get beat by a few steps like that which he was on that play. You can't just choose to look at the positives. He played a very good game, but he was lucky Vincent was there to cover his back.

If your "the best" then you don't get beat by a few steps like that which he was on that play. You can't just choose to look at the positives. He played a very good game, but he was lucky Vincent was there to cover his back.

442715[/snapback]

Watch more football, post less takes. Thanks in advance.

Yeah, you hurt my feelings - because I obviously have such respect for your football knowledge.  :(

Take a comprehension class.

442761[/snapback]

Wow, someone's got anger issues. Just ignore my posts man, I really could care less what you think of my "football knowledge". :(

Wow, someone's got anger issues. Just ignore my posts man, I really could care less what you think of my "football knowledge". :(

442780[/snapback]

Gee, thanks for the advice. I hadn't thought of that until you brought it up. Whatever will I do without your tremendous insight and sage wisdom? :(

442715[/snapback]

On the other hand, the fact that he has Vincent for cover is what allows

Nate to gamble and take a more aggressive approach to the game...and that

usually pays off in the long run.....

Of course if he has Coy Wire as the guy covering his behind, I guess Nate

is not going to take those chances....Bottom line is it is the absolute team

game...