I think homefield advantage for the Bills is back

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you know it loud when our offence tried to quiet the crowd.

438182[/snapback]

Must be a Patsy game at the "Razor" you are talking about?

In Buffalo, the fans are more knowlegable and ALWAYS remain quite when the Bills are on offense!

:doh::doh:

But seriously, that is one thing that always burns me up... Home fans attempting to make noise when their team is on offensive.

Same thing goes when they start a wave!

You know what gets my goat?

People who walk through the row DURING A PLAY.

That really burns me up.

438632[/snapback]

I also hate people rooting for their fantasy players that are on the oposing team.

I heard this from a bills fan sunday. "I hope Andre Johnson scores 2 TDs."

You should be shot for that

I also hate people rooting for their fantasy players that are on the oposing team.

I heard this from a bills fan sunday.  "I hope Andre Johnson scores 2 TDs."

You should be shot for that

438884[/snapback]

Right there is reason #1 why I think Fantasy Football is a tool of Satan, designed to undermine our holy attachment to one team.

But that's just me.... :doh:

Right there is reason #1 why I think Fantasy Football is a tool of Satan, designed to undermine our holy attachment to one team.

But that's just me.... :devil:

438955[/snapback]

Not just you. I retired from fantasy football a decade ago because (1) there were too many teams from which I couldn't draft because I viscerally hated them; and (2) it was detracting from what I felt should be an undivided loyalty to my Bills.

I play fantasy baseball because I'm a baseball fan first and a fan of a team (Mets) second. That doesn't hold true for me in football.

Not just you.  I retired from fantasy football a decade ago because (1) there were too many teams from which I couldn't draft because I viscerally hated them; and (2) it was detracting from what I felt should be an undivided loyalty to my Bills.

I play fantasy baseball because I'm a baseball fan first and a fan of a team (Mets) second.  That doesn't hold true for me in football.

439006[/snapback]

Thanks BRH. It's nice to know I am not alone. :devil:

I agree that it was very loud from very early on.

I also agree that it did seem to slack off a bit in the 3rd.  I was personally kind of in a stupor, as my beer was wearing off and the heat/sun was starting to get to me...

437886[/snapback]

Sounds like you're not in game shape. Wuss.

I think people should stand and yell the entire time we're on defense, but I've also always felt there's no reason for the crowd to be standing while we're on offense (until after we make a good play or score, at least).  There are far too many people these days who think they're supposed to yell while we're on offense, too.  THAT's embarrassing.

438631[/snapback]

The wave alone is bad enough, but embarassing is when they try to start the wave when the Bills have the ball. :devil:

It could have been a lot louder throughout the game. There were some points in the game that it was pretty loud, but it was not what I expected for the home opener.

I don't know if it was the heat or the fact that we were in control most of the game. I just hope that the fans get it going the way it used to be all the time in Rich/Ralph throughout the game.

It is possible to be extremely loud in the stadium and not make an ass of yourself and/or intrude on other people.

Standing up for no reason is intrusive to everyone behind you, if you want to argue I'll come stand in front of you the next game, I'm 6'3" 250 and very hard to see around.

Repeatedly bumping into people, borderline shoving them, over a period of 3 hours is extremely aggravating, again I'm willing to demonstrate for you if you'd like me to sit next to you.

Getting ridiculously drunk, spilling things on people, vomiting in the row behind you, or the one you're in, is annoying and intrusive.

I never had any of these problems when I was a season ticket holder and knew my neighbors, now that I have to drive in for my one game a season I end up sitting with morons who contribute heavily to lessening my enjoyment of the game. Please, be loud, seriously, curse your ass off I don't care. Just don't shove me around the stands, stand in front of me to talk to the people in the row behind me for literally 25 minutes regardless of the game action, or puke on or near me. If that makes me prissy, fine I'm prissy. You don't have to be an ass to be loud.

I was at the game and that was one of the loudest games I have ever been to.  What did it sound like on TV?

437749[/snapback]

Amen, I haven't heard it that loud at the Ralph since we opened on Sunday Night with Tennessee a few years back.

Everyone was so pumped this year................what a great day!

I have no problem with people standing up to make noise during crucial plays of the game, 3rd downs, etc. I agree there is no reason to stand up and talk to people around you. What I really hate is the a$$clown who is determined to smoke a cigarette in the stands knowing full well it is not allowed. I try to ask, plea for them to not do it, what else can I do? I would report it to the usher, but that seems petty. We just moved our season tixs this year, and I hate the fact that the guy behind one of our seats (we have 4) smokes during the game (he did it on Sunday) and is also a season ticket holder which means he will probably be around for a few games.

Any advice beyond "spill a beer on him".

I have no problem with people standing up to make noise during crucial plays of the game, 3rd downs, etc.  I agree there is no reason to stand up and talk to people around you.  What I really hate is the a$$clown who is determined to smoke a cigarette in the stands knowing full well it is not allowed.  I try to ask, plea for them to not do it, what else can I do?  I would report it to the usher, but that seems petty.  We just moved our season tixs this year, and I hate the fact that the guy behind one of our seats (we have 4) smokes during the game (he did it on Sunday) and is also a season ticket holder which means he will probably be around for a few games. 

Any advice beyond "spill a beer on him".

439246[/snapback]

Call the Bills and let someone in season tickets know. Tell them which seats and where exactly this happens. Tell them how often, and that it is bothering people around you. They can probably do something about it. I also hate when clowns smoke in the seating areas.

Either that or go tell an usher on your way to get a Coke or Beer or whatever.

Call the Bills and let someone in season tickets know.  Tell them which seats and where exactly this happens.  Tell them how often, and that it is bothering people around you.  They can probably do something about it.  I also hate when clowns smoke in the seating areas.

Either that or go tell an usher on your way to get a Coke or Beer or whatever.

439252[/snapback]

My wife, who has asthma, used to complain to ushers about smokers around us, and they laughed at her and said they couldn't do anything. It was one of the reasons she stopped going to games (well that and someone needed to stay home with our kids :devil:).

Not to start a war or anything, but I've always noticed that a preponderance of smokers at Bills games -- particularly those who refuse to stop when asked -- are of the Canadian persuasion.