Radio post-game shows

JÂy RÛßeÒ

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Schoop pissed me off. My wife was listening and was like..."Why does he keep doing this to people." I told her it was because he was pissed that the Bills won and cant find anything negative to talk about. Heck he didnt give half the people a chance to talk just because they opened with "Hey how you guys doing" then Mike would hang up on them. I used to love WGR but now its almost like there looking to bash the Bills before giving them credit. Besides Schoop isnt even a true Bills fan. He didnt even grow up around here.

Schoop pissed me off. My wife was listening and was like..."Why does he keep doing this to people." I told her it was because he was pissed that the Bills won and cant find anything negative to talk about. Heck he didnt give half the people a chance to talk just because they opened with "Hey how you guys doing" then Mike would hang up on them. I used to love WGR but now its almost like there looking to bash the Bills before giving them credit. Besides Schoop isnt even a true Bills fan. He didnt even grow up around here.

437362[/snapback]

They run on an 8 second delay. I was on hold and heard many of the calls he dumped after "How are you guys doing". When you're on hold you hear without the delay. Everyone he dumped yelled some sort of vulger comment or just made some drunken yell. He HAS to dump those before they get broadcast. You can't have people yelling "I want a blowjob" on the radio.

By the way growing up in Buffalo is not a prerequisite for being a fan of the Bills. I think over half the people on this board could attest to that.

Well I know that but what I'm saying is that he hasnt been a fan of the team. He got a job here and has to cover the Bills. I just dont think he is a die-hard Bills fan. I see what your saying with the drunks but they shouldnt even air those calls then because it makes Schoop look like a bigger ass. Never have liked him. Its like there job on WGR is to piss off callers so they can get controversy going. I just wish there would be a bit more homerism I guess you could say after a big win. I want more positive, not negative.

I listened to the post game on GR and heard them being overwhelmingly positive. I think YOU are looking for a reason to be negative towards them.  :)

One thing did annoy me, 80% of the people that called in were trashed and they ended up having to dump them. I called in and talked about Losman's pocket presence when there was pressure, they agreed, glowed about the good point and before I could follow up and add another related observation they hung up and went back to hanging up on drunks. :angry:

437211[/snapback]

Yeah, there were positive, but you could tell it was KILLING Them that the Bills played so well. There was almost nothing to B word about, so they resorted to saying the Texans were a weak team and not to get too excited.

Of course, the day before WGR was saying the Texans were too strong a team and JP Losman was too inexperienced for the Bills to win! Ha hahahahahah!

PTR

What I hate is the unprofessionalism of the whole thing. It's so hurried, so slapdash - and there is no real comment worth listening to that soon after the game.

I'd like to have 20-30 mins of AVP, Burress, and some guys analysing the key moments and some of the minor plays and then get to hear the interviews and press conferences in a 30 mintue edited section before they go to the phone-in...

It took Brinson five minutes to answer a caller's question about when was the last time Buffalo won a home opener.  "Um let me see here, you're puttin' me on the spot, I don't have that information in front of me, let me work backward here, it wasn't LAST year because they lost to Jacksonville...."

Then when he finally figured it out, he said the win against NE was in Bledsoe's first year with the Bills.  :doh:

437167[/snapback]

So funny because it's so easy to picture this. Thankfully, I haven't heard the bumbling fool since his Empire days.

Commentators who I like are usually knowledgeable. Those who I don't like as much try to compensate for their lack of knowledge with entertainment/humour, and those that are lacking in the previous 2 departments who I dislike try to cover up these deficiencies with at least being quick witted. Brinson is not knowledgable, not funny, and not quick or articulate. Seriously - how did he get his job?

One thing I didn't like about The Coach's post game was he had nobody on the field to bag on, so he started saying TD didn't handle trading Henry well because a good GM would have kept Henry & made him play because there's nobody behind Willis.

Funniest part was when a caller phoned in and Dickerson said he was calm after a win but wait and see him riled up when they lose.

One thing I didn't like about The Coach's post game was he had nobody on the field to bag on, so he started saying TD didn't handle trading Henry well because a good GM would have kept Henry & made him play because there's nobody behind Willis. 

Funniest part was when a caller phoned in and Dickerson said he was calm after a win but wait and see him riled up when they lose.

437839[/snapback]

You mean dickerson had to fabricate something to be negative about? You're kidding!

437839[/snapback]

I missed part 0:) I guess some things never change.

I believe Schoop did grow up here, in fact I know he did. The other day he was walking about going to games when he was a kid. But he's a tool anyway, everyday I leave work in Cheektowaga near the airport and by the time I'm onto the 90, I've turned him off. He's as arrogant as they come. But like I've said time and again, 1) he covers a freakin' game and 2) if he was so smart, step into my world. I left sports journalism because, frankly, it wasn't challenging enough and is so irrelevant. But Schoop, and I've met many guys like him in my time, like to get morons on the phone and berates them, it makes him feel good. Pumps his fragile ego. But as soon as someone who can outwit, out-sematic and over-analyze him, he hangs up. He is undoubtedly the biggest hypocrite to come along in local sports radio in years. But what I find most hypocritical is that this guy and everyone else in local sports media cracks the GMs coaches and player of our local teams for not winning or being the best, accusing them of mismanagement, ill-concevied ideas, poor marketing, etc. And yet, these guys aren't even working in a top 25 media market. So how good are they? They'll the minor leagues but for some reason, it still provides them the right to be critical of others? Doesn't make sense.

I will give him this, he is more professional than anyone on that station, especially that homer Bulldog. I have a degree in journalism and left that career because it's filled with dirty money and payola. But one thing that fries me is homerism. At the same time, Schoop and the rest of the guys on that channel have it out for the Bills for one simple fact, that they feel they have a RIGHT to unlimited access to player, coaches and personnel, as well as injury reports, financial statements, time cards, vacation request.... you get the point. But what they fail to realize is that they aren't covering government. The team owes them nothing. They are privileged enough to get free pass and food for each game and that's it.

I believe Schoop did grow up here, in fact I know he did. The other day he was walking about going to games when he was a kid. But he's a tool anyway, everyday I leave work in Cheektowaga near the airport and by the time I'm onto the 90, I've turned him off. He's as arrogant as they come. But like I've said time and again, 1) he covers a freakin' game and 2) if he was so smart, step into my world. I left sports journalism because, frankly, it wasn't challenging enough and is so irrelevant. But Schoop, and I've met many guys like him in my time, like to get morons on the phone and berates them, it makes him feel good. Pumps his fragile ego. But as soon as someone who can outwit, out-sematic and over-analyze him, he hangs up. He is undoubtedly the biggest hypocrite to come along in local sports radio in years. But what I find most hypocritical is that this guy and everyone else in local sports media cracks the GMs coaches and player of our local teams for not winning or being the best, accusing them of mismanagement, ill-concevied ideas, poor marketing, etc. And yet, these guys aren't even working in a top 25 media market. So how good are they? They'll the minor leagues but for some reason, it still provides them the right to be critical of others? Doesn't make sense.

I will give him this, he is more professional than anyone on that station, especially that homer Bulldog. I have a degree in journalism and left that career because it's filled with dirty money and payola. But one thing that fries me is homerism. At the same time, Schoop and the rest of the guys on that channel have it out for the Bills for one simple fact, that they feel they have a RIGHT to unlimited access to player, coaches and personnel, as well as injury reports, financial statements, time cards, vacation request.... you get the point. But what they fail to realize is that they aren't covering government. The team owes them nothing. They are privileged enough to get free pass and food for each game and that's it.

438009[/snapback]

You must not have heard Bulldog since his AM 930 days. He's no homer anymore. Quite the contrary at times. But hey, he works at WGR...

You must not have heard Bulldog since his AM 930 days. He's no homer anymore. Quite the contrary at times. But hey, he works at WGR...

438012[/snapback]

Schoop could poison anyone's mind. Plus he (Schoop) suffers from the added disadvantage of having the look of indeterminate sex. He looks like woman who has undergone a sex change to me. This woose POS seemingly tries to make up for his lack of manliness with his arrogant know-it-all-act. From my POV.

It took Brinson five minutes to answer a caller's question about when was the last time Buffalo won a home opener.  "Um let me see here, you're puttin' me on the spot, I don't have that information in front of me, let me work backward here, it wasn't LAST year because they lost to Jacksonville...."

Then when he finally figured it out, he said the win against NE was in Bledsoe's first year with the Bills.  0:)

437167[/snapback]

I thought Brinson took a job in Arkansas!?!