Donahoe, I've supported you this far

stevestojan

You don't let that rabid pitbull back into your house that bit your kid; just to give him another chance. You take him out back and put a slug in his head.

30644[/snapback]

LOL

I'd hardly compare Lindell to a rabid pitbull that bit my kid. But it did make me laugh.

I see your point, but I don't want them to make a change just for the sake of making a change. You have to make sure that what you can bring in is better than what you have. I know they can't be much worse, but you can't just bring in anyone. I would like to see what Grammatica can do.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL

I'd hardly compare Lindell to a rabid pitbull that bit my kid.  But it did make me laugh.

I see your point, but I don't want them to make a change just for the sake of making a change.  You have to make sure that what you can bring in is better than what you have.  I know they can't be much worse, but you can't just bring in anyone.  I would like to see what Grammatica can do.

30658[/snapback]

;) knew someone would enjoy that analogy :lol:

anyway, since we are talking about it, TD must be (right?) making some calls, finding someone to come in and try out.

This mention of a CFL kicker has me intrigued.

Wild Bill didnt make a team for a reason, he must still be bothered by his knee injury.

;)  knew someone would enjoy that analogy :lol:

anyway, since we are talking about it, TD must be (right?) making some calls, finding someone to come in and try out.

This mention of a CFL kicker has me intrigued.

Wild Bill didnt make a team for a reason, he must still be bothered by his knee injury.

30664[/snapback]

TD's not blind, he watched the game too and saw RL last season, I'm sure its weighing on his mind. The question is, how soon does he react on it?

What were Lindell's kickoffs like in this game, where were they coming down?

At the very least, I would expect to see a parade of kickers visiting and being worked out by the bills in the coming (week). Lindell was never challenged this preseason.... and Mike Schafer...had no business even being signed to a FA contract. That guy flat out sucks... even the most die hard SU fan will tell you that. So, this tells me Donahoe was completely satisfied with Lindell. Donahoe talks a good line about competition for jobs when it serves his purpose well... ie. Bledsoe/Losman and Henry/McGahee... but what about Lindell? Where's Lindell's accountablity and competition? And while we're at it, Tom... where is your competition coming from... Modrak? How about bringing in someone that can take your job... preferably as soon as today.

They were great, but I think that was mostly due to the wind at his back.

Even with the wind at his back, he didn't make it to the end zone. The Jax kicker, when they had the wind, was consistently 6 yards deep in the end zone. Lindell friggin blows.

The only viable choice, ahead of keeping Lindell, is Mike Hollis. The big question is whether his back is healed and whether it will hold up for a season. Regardless of the other available NFL kickers, Lindell is as good as any of them are. So, if Hollis can't or doesn't want to come back, we are likely stuck for the year.

Can you imagine if our kicker missed a game winning field goal in the 2006 superbowl ? I am confident that we will get there next year, but I think a 'wide-left' to complement the 'wide-right' will put me in the closest asylum .....

30817[/snapback]

If that were to ever happen ... sorry, i can't even finish this...

Yup, I recall another kicker we got rid of cause he missed a few. What was his name? Gary Ander........

Lindell didn't cost us the game. Moulds fumble on the 10 did, and his/Bledsoe's fumbled lateral, and not blitzing on the entire last drive, and Clements going for INT instead of batting it down. That's what cost us the game.

I don't think I saw anyone mention a better option in this post either. Christie's kick offs were terrible 3 years ago, and even his field goals weren't as good last year or two.

If you want to cut him, you better be sure you have someone better. He did make 8 of 9 in pre-season, and his kick offs were better.

Yup, I recall another kicker we got rid of cause he missed a few.  What was his name?  Gary Ander........

Lindell didn't cost us the game.  Moulds fumble on the 10 did, and his/Bledsoe's fumbled lateral,  and not blitzing on the entire last drive, and Clements going for INT instead of batting it down.  That's what cost us the game.

I don't think I saw anyone mention a better option in this post either.  Christie's kick offs were terrible 3 years ago, and even his field goals weren't as good last year or two. 

If you want to cut him, you better be sure you have someone better.  He did make 8 of 9 in pre-season, and his kick offs were better.

30885[/snapback]

Moulds fumble on the 10 yard line had nothing to do with us losing the game. I'll give you the other stuff though.

Moulds fumble on the 10 yard line had nothing to do with us losing the game.  I'll give you the other stuff though.

30891[/snapback]

Well, if that didn't have anything to do with it, I have a real hard time believing Lindell's kick did then. Even if we don't score a TD, it''s a pretty high liklhood of getting a field goal. And Jax scored a FG off of the fumbled lateral. Take away the two fumbles is a six point swing.

Well, if that didn't have anything to do with it, I have a real hard time believing Lindell's kick did then.   Even if we don't score a TD, it''s a pretty high liklhood of getting a field goal.  And Jax scored a FG off of the fumbled lateral.  Take away the two fumbles is a six point swing.

30907[/snapback]

What you're forgetting is that Reese got an INT two plays later and put the ball down at the 3 yard line. Reese doesn't get that INT if Moulds doesn't fumble the ball, the two turnovers pretty much wash each other out and the Bills ended up with the ball with first and goal from the 3 yard line as opposed to the 7 where Moulds fumbled it. We did get 3 points...people who want to add another 3 or 7 points to our total as "missed" points from Moulds fumble just aren't thinking it through.

At the very least, I would expect to see a parade of kickers visiting and being worked out by the bills in the coming (week). 

30683[/snapback]

Exactly this team needs a CONSISTANT kicker to be on the mark from 40 yards or closer. Something tells me that there is going to be a stevestojan load of close games this year for the bills. And.. Do you want someone as inconsistant as Lindell has been for the past year+ to be back there when the4 game is on the line? I don't. Bum shoulder last year, whatever. Bottom line is he was brought in here to kick a damn ball if he can't do that.... Get someone in here who can!

I'm on the side of getting Lindell out of town now. Sure, it was a tricky wind, but Mularkey's decision of not trying a 50-yarder at the end of the game should tell us volumes. If he had anyone more reliable, he probably would have attempted that kick, even with the potential of missing it and giving Jax the ball at the 40.

I think the question still remains....outside of Mike Hollis (who would have to be convinced to un-retire), who's available????