Bills win the coin toss

Beerball

I say kick it and come back out during the 2nd half and score on the first drive. Good chance to get the crowd behind the defense and help JP get rid of some butterflies.

I always kick first in Madden - nothing like a solid 2 minute drive at the end of the first half resulting in a TD and a quick score to start the second half to put the game away.

I say kick it and come back out during the 2nd half and score on the first drive.  Good chance to get the crowd behind the defense and help JP get rid of some butterflies.

I always kick first in Madden - nothing like a solid 2 minute drive at the end of the first half resulting in a TD and a quick score to start the second half to put the game away.

433701[/snapback]

Hmmm...I thought the team that lost the coin toss got the choice to either kick-off or receive in the 2nd half, so if you win the toss and elect to kick off, you will probably have to kick off to start the 3rd quarter...no? :blink:

Why? If this team is all about the D put the D on the field first and show them the confidence. JP is still a rookie no matter how you shake it down and giving him the ball right off the bat is a recipe for failure IMO. If the D and special teams can give him a short field to work with on his first drive he's a hell of a lot better off. JP is only going to be as good as the D lets him be.

I believe the way it works is that the coin-toss winnner picks which goal to defend first, which passes the choice of first-half kick or receive to the toss loser. The toss loser then chooses to receive to start the game. The order of choice (goal vs. kick/receive) is reversed in the second half, so the toss winner then gets to choose to receive for the start of the 3Q.

. . . And I think that's exactly what the link to the Rules posted by stuckincincy says. Sorry if I'm stating the obvious.

i like to kick in madden, cus i get the ball at halftime after i drive down and score with 10 seconds left in the half.. :blink: and the bills have a very good D.

i like the defer option. and if you defer, the other team HAS to take the ball, cus otherwise you can get the ball first AND after half time.

Hmmm...I thought the team that lost the coin toss got the choice to either kick-off or receive in the 2nd half, so if you win the toss and elect to kick off, you will probably have to kick off to start the 3rd quarter...no? :blink:

433719[/snapback]

This is true in real football not in madden. In Madden you choose to either kick or receive and then say u choose to kick then you automatically receive the 2nd half kick. What NFL teams do is defer their CHOICE to the second half. Illustrated example: Parcells CHOSE to kick a few years back (TC era actually) to start the game in buffalo and then the pats had to kick to start the 2nd half as well because it was the bills choice to either kick or receive to start the 2nd half.