opening line...

eball

thoughts? seems a bit high for my liking; i'll stay away from betting this one. i certainly think buffalo can win by double digits if the defense is in regular season form -- i'm just a little too unsure about the offense until i see how losman and the OL perform utilizing a "real" scheme and gameplan.

right now, i like the bills to win, 17-13. i predict an "ugly" game (except for the bills' unis, which will be sweet!), but a nice W to get the season off on the right foot.

I'll take the 4 1/2 and take the Texans. I have a feeling the Texans will cover this one. Although I have not seen Houston play this year. I have heard they are struggling on offense. We have no idea how our rookie QB will respond when the game gets turned up a notch and the real bullets start flying. If preseason is any indication of what's to come it's going to be a long season of throwing the remote at the TV.

From reading this board, it seems like a majority of folks would be surprised if the offense could score at least 4 1/2 points...

429659[/snapback]

I know. With Roscoe Parrish only being a rookie and all. Plus he's hurt and won't even play. When he does get in the game - perhaps sometime in 2007, he might begin to learn why Rookies don't ever do well in the NFL. They never help at all. Pity, isn't it? Thank goodness Kevin Everett had the good sense to get himself hurt properly. He'll be able to study his playbook exclusively and not be bothered by that on-the-field rough and tumble stuff. Hey, who needs game experience to get great when its widely known that riding the bench is how the REAL learning gets done. :huh:

I'll take the 4 1/2 and take the Texans. I have a feeling the Texans will cover this one.  Although I have not seen Houston play this year. I have heard they are struggling on offense. We have no idea how our rookie QB will respond when the game gets turned up a notch and the real bullets start flying. If preseason is any indication of what's to come it's going to be a long season of throwing the remote at the TV.

429666[/snapback]

you're right -- i'm going to hate watching nate take INTs back for touchdowns and a smothering defense. i'm also going to hate watching our ST put the ball in great field position. it will really suck watching mcgahee push defenders to the ground with his lethal stiff arm.

beat that preseason horse, frez -- beat it! :huh:

I'll take the 4 1/2 and take the Texans. I have a feeling the Texans will cover this one.  Although I have not seen Houston play this year. I have heard they are struggling on offense. We have no idea how our rookie QB will respond when the game gets turned up a notch and the real bullets start flying. If preseason is any indication of what's to come it's going to be a long season of throwing the remote at the TV.

429666[/snapback]

I find the Texans tough to predict. They were 7 and 9 last year, so I certainly don't think of them as bums.

We should win by 7, but Lindell will miss a FG and we'll only win by 4.  Houston covers & all Bills' fans who bet will want to string up Lindell.  <_<

429720[/snapback]

Make that simply, "all Bills fans want to string up Lindell."

That's no prediction, just a statement of fact.

I bet the line drops before Sunday.

429669[/snapback]

Let's see how our defense holds up IF our offense goes 3 and out most of the time and Lindell is missing field goals. I hope it's not the case but as you can see, i'm not feeling real good about this year.

As always.......

GO BILLS!

Despite my endless bitching about our OL, I am thinking that we win this football game, and that it will be a romp.

There are many stars on this team that we know about. Spikes, Moorman, Fletcher, MaGahee, Evans, McGee, Milloy and Clements are players who can turn a game around.

Others, such as Schobel and Kelsay are ready to enter their in fact prime.

The Bills are home, and the great, loyal fans will be pumped.

I think that it would be safe to lay up to 7.

This game has 3 point or less winning margin written all over it. That spread seems out of whack, it'll go down. You have two defense minded teams that will no doubt be playing close to the vest all day long. Also, doesn't Buffalo always seemed to play badly in the openers? There is something about that 0-4 start last season that would really make me think twice about giving 4 1/2 points here. My only prediction is that the margin of victory by either team will be 3 or less.