OT: William Rehnquist

mcjeff215

Wow, this statement is foolish for so many reasons, I can't possibly count them all...

428858[/snapback]

Foolish? I'd say a representative sample of the desperation and utter meltdown in the ranks of a certain political persuasion lately (you figure out which one).

Foolish? I'd say a representative sample of the desperation and utter meltdown in the ranks of a certain political persuasion lately (you figure out which one).

428863[/snapback]

Wishing there really was a hell implies that one doesn't believe in hell in the first place. That's a foolish/dangerous way to go through life.

That statement also suggests one hopes someone else actually goes to hell - if you don't believe in heaven or hell, surely we can agree that wishing that on someone else is very bad karma.

And of course I haven't even mentioned, that modern liberal thought has been thoroughly repudiated by most of the country (at least outside of Mass, NY and California) and it's ideas shown to be defunct.

Wishing there really was a hell implies that one doesn't believe in hell in the first place.  That's a foolish/dangerous way to go through life.

That statement also suggests one hopes someone else actually goes to hell - if you don't believe in heaven or hell, surely we can agree that wishing that on someone else is very bad karma. 

And of course I haven't even mentioned, that modern liberal thought has been thoroughly repudiated by most of the country (at least outside of Mass, NY and California) and it's ideas shown to be defunct.

428885[/snapback]

This post is an almost perfect example of what George Orwell called "duckspeak."

Wishing there really was a hell implies that one doesn't believe in hell in the first place.  That's a foolish/dangerous way to go through life.

428885[/snapback]

Explain why the belief that there is no hell is a foolish/dangerous way to go through life. Many religions don't believe in hell. As far as I know, there is no hell in Judiasm. Are you so f'd up that you can say Judiasm is a foolish/dangerous way to go through life?

Explain why the belief that there is no hell is a foolish/dangerous way to go through life.  Many religions don't believe in hell.  As far as I know, there is no hell in Judiasm.  Are you so f'd up that you can say Judiasm is a foolish/dangerous way to go through life?

429170[/snapback]

It part of the belief that this life is a dress rehersal for the afterlife. The pity is that so many people waste the gift of this life.

PTR

May he RIP.

Never liked the pomp he brought yet, he was a proud man.

Maybe I am elitist but, I thought his gold bands were really kitschy.  There is no way that Pirates of Penzance should be tied to the Surpreme Court.

Just my $.02.

429197[/snapback]

May he RIP.

I echo your other thoughts too. You're right about the Gilbert & Sullivan connection. I wonder if he'll be buried in his chevron emblazoned Supreme Court robes.