How long do we have to put up with

Anon Y. Mous

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What is TD missing here? He always looks good early in the pre-season, but just like the sun rises in the morning, Lindell will always suck. Hey, he kicked a 54 yarder, but has missed almost everything since (including an XP). With a shaky offense we will need every 3 pts we can get and Lindell can't get enough of them to help us. Wake up TD, he really does suck.

What is TD missing here?  He always looks good early in the pre-season, but just like the sun rises in the morning, Lindell will always suck.  Hey, he kicked a 54 yarder, but has missed almost everything since (including an XP).  With a shaky offense we will need every 3 pts we can get and Lindell can't get enough of them to help us.  Wake up TD, he really does suck.

427430[/snapback]

We'll put up with him for as long as Darcy Regier is the General Manager!!!

He sure does.  I said it at the beginning of this offseason and I'll say it again...Lindell alone will cost this team 2 games due to his inept and inconsistent kicking.

I was hoping TD was going to replace him...and I'm still waiting.

427431[/snapback]

100% agreed.

This is another TD ego thing.  He doesn't want him or Wire cut.  It would reflect badly on him.

427637[/snapback]

Please please please stop with the "TD ego" thing. This is the second time someone has said it in this thread and the nth time people have said it here, and it has no basis in fact.

TD had no problem cutting Drew when it served, nor did he resist firing GW when it was clear he did not work out. He has not shown any reluctance to cut other picks and signings when it served. I agree that Lindell must go, but to attribute this to TD's ego is old and tired and flat wrong.

Go Bills!

Please please please stop with the "TD ego" thing. This is the second time someone has said it in this thread and the nth time people have said it here, and it has no basis in fact.

TD had no problem cutting Drew when it served, nor did he resist firing GW when it was clear he did not work out. He has not shown any reluctance to cut other picks and signings when it served. I agree that Lindell must go, but to attribute this to TD's ego is old and tired and flat wrong.

Go Bills!

427640[/snapback]

Amen. I donn't know where this TD ego schit got satrted but it is getting beyond old.

He sure does.  I said it at the beginning of this offseason and I'll say it again...Lindell alone will cost this team 2 games due to his inept and inconsistent kicking.

I was hoping TD was going to replace him...and I'm still waiting.

427431[/snapback]

The sad part is, those 2 games will cost us the playoffs. Just like last year.

Has any other team in the last 20 years had a kicker so bad that they only let him try 3-40 yarders? I can't believe that there isn't one kicker available who is better than this guy.

If the team gets stuck with him and he does cost the Bills 2 games to miss the playoffs, will anybody else look at the decision to let Drew Preston get a few snaps as the snapper as the moment that killed the season? Before the missed extra point, Lindell was kicking well (one miss and it was from ~54 yards) and he was getting good distance on his kickoffs (about 50% inside the 2 yard line). Since the missed extra point he has missed at least 2 more field goals and I haven't seen him get one inside the 10 (in fairness, I didn't see either of his kickoffs tonight). He has become the head case he was last year.

Oh well, there's always next year.

Dave.

Anyone care to guess who the Bills kept when they cut Gary Anderson in 1982?

Lindell will probably be here until he costs us a regular season game or two.

There are a couple teams with kicker battles going on. There could be a couple options available tommorrow. I hope we do something.

It can be argued that TD will not admit a personnel mistake. How else can it be explained that Coy Wire, Rian Lindell and Josh Reed are still on this team?

The answer to the above question is they cut Anderson (a 7th round draft choice) in favor of the incumbent, Nick Mike-Mayer, who was coming off a season in which he finished tied for 23rd in the league in accuracy. He lasted two games, connecting on only one of four field goals, and his career was finished. In came 31-year old Efren Herrera, who also saw his career end after that season, in which he went 8 for 14, a .571 percentage that was tied for 27th among NFL kickers. Joe Danelo was the kicker in 1984 and then the Scott Norwood era began in 1985.

Go Bills!

427640[/snapback]

THANK YOU.

Go Bills!

427640[/snapback]

Ok then what is it? This "kicker" is costing us games!!! Why are we still holding on to him. There are better options out there. It's a matter of looking.

BTW, I was disappointed DB was cut but have learned to live with it if it helps the team. Keeping this loser will only hurt us. I'm tired of seeing Moorman punting from our 40 dammit.

[/rant]