Dont Buy Gas From Exxon or Mobil

Brand J

I hear we are going to hit close to $3.00 a gallon by the summer. Want gasoline prices to come down? We need to take some intelligent, united action.

Phillip Hollsworth, offered this good idea:

This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy gas on a certain day" campaign that was going around last April or May!

The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to "hurt" ourselves by refusing to buy gas. It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them. BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really work.

Please read it and join with us!

By now you're probably thinking gasoline priced at about $1.50 is super cheap. Me too! It is currently $2.75 for regular unleaded in my town.

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a gallon of gas is CHEAP at $1.50-$1.75, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace.... not sellers.

With the price of gasoline going up more each day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of gas come down is if we hit someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing their gas!

And we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves.

How? Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop buying gas. But we CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all act together to force a price war.

Here's the idea:

For the rest of this year, DON"T purchase ANY gasoline from the two biggest companies (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL. If they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit.

But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of Exxon and Mobil gas buyers. It's really simple to do!! Now, don't whimp (sic) out on me at this point.. keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to about thirty people. If each of you send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000) ... and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers!

If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level further, you guessed it...... THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!! Again, all you have to do is send this to 10 people and DON"T purchase ANY gasoline from EXXON and MOBIL. That's all.

How long would all that take? If each of us sends this email out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!!! I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you! Acting together we can make a difference.

If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on.

PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $1.30 RANGE AND KEEP THEM DOWN.

THIS CAN REALLY WORK

Problem is, some Skoal-drooling redneck is going to come on and tell you that $3.00 a gallon is cheap too. It's $5 in France.

I know, that's why I like the US better than France, but still, that is what you are going to get as a response here, sorry.

I hear we are going to hit close to $3.00 a gallon by the summer. Want gasoline prices to come down? We need to take some intelligent, united action.

This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy gas on a certain day" campaign that was going around last April or May!

The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to "hurt" ourselves by refusing to buy gas. It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them. BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really work.

By now you're probably thinking gasoline priced at about $1.50 is super cheap. Me too! It is currently $2.75 for regular unleaded in my town.

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a gallon of gas is CHEAP at $1.50-$1.75, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace.... not sellers.

With the price of gasoline going up more each day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of gas come down is if we hit someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing their gas!

How? Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop buying gas. But we CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all act together to force a price war.

Here's the idea:

For the rest of this year, DON"T purchase ANY gasoline from the two biggest companies (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL. If they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit.

But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of Exxon and Mobil gas buyers. It's really simple to do!! Now, don't whimp (sic) out on me at this point.. keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to about thirty people. If each of you send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000) ... and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers!

If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level further, you guessed it...... THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!! Again, all you have to do is send this to 10 people and DON"T purchase ANY gasoline from EXXON and MOBIL. That's all.

How long would all that take? If each of us sends this email out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!!! I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you! Acting together we can make a difference.

PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $1.30 RANGE AND KEEP THEM DOWN.

THIS CAN REALLY WORK

417586[/snapback]

Didn't we talk about this yesterday and basically prove that this is a bunch of crap and that ideas like this only prey on the ill-informed?

Linky Thingy

good thing you censored b*llcr*p - most of us are too sensitive to read such harsh language

417649[/snapback]

;)

You think this challenged your sensitivities ? Be glad that I did not put down what else I was feeling. I have put down a logical argument for the high gas prices on a PPP posting so am too lazy to re-type it. But this is nuts especially when the naive public propogates this theory. I remember an old story that still sticks around about someone having invented a gasoline engine that could get 80 mpg back in the 70s. And that 'big oil' squelched that invention. The hidden part of that story is that the carburetor of that engine was the size of a barn.

;)

You think this challenged your sensitivities ? Be glad that I did not put down what else I was feeling. I have put down a logical argument for the high gas prices on a PPP posting so am too lazy to re-type it. But this is nuts especially when the naive public propogates this theory. I remember an old story that still sticks around about someone having invented a gasoline engine that could get 80 mpg back in the 70s. And that 'big oil' squelched that invention. The hidden part of that story is that the carburetor of that engine was the size of a barn.

417662[/snapback]

There are 100 mpg carburetors. They are attached to 100 cc 4-stroke motorcycles. :P

Gas consumption is a results of several factors - internal friction, rolling resistance, weight, thermal efficiency of combustion etc.

Bottom line - there is only so much energy in a gallon of gasoline. The future will bring widespread use of turbocharging with smaller swept displacement. The power output per volume of displacement has risen dramitically in recent years - 2.0 liter motors producing 200+ net horsepower for example.

;)

417662[/snapback]

Do me a favor...JSP's asking questions about how oil's bought at the wellhead and shipped. I took my best guess at an answer, which is pretty pathetic ("Well...it's complicated, and I don't understand it."). Go answer his question.

THIS CAN REALLY WORK

417586[/snapback]

Good luck with that!!!!!!!

On second thought, nobody buy table dances at strip bars until they come down to $1.00 too. ;)

Here's the idea:

THIS CAN REALLY WORK

417586[/snapback]

Just curious...where do you think the small mom-and-pop convenience store type places or small chain stations get their gas from? Magic pixies? ;)

JayBaller: you are clearly uninformed to be making such a suggestion. The American public has this idiotic, irrational opinion that they should be paying $1.50/gallon for gasoline in 2005 when adjusted for inflation gasoline should be about $2.90/gallon. I have no respect for people who drive 15 miles out of thier way to save 2 cents a gallon and then walk into the convenience store and pay over $4.00/gallon for bottled water!!! And then complain about the price of gas...compare the cost of drilling for crude oil vs water!! When gas guzzling SUV's no longer are on the road and people really start putting their actions where their mouth is, then we can have an intelligent discussion. Europe taxes the crap out of gasoline so people conserve. In the U.S. approximately 40% of the price of a gallon of gasoline is fed,state and local taxes. Get your facts correct before you are spouting off recommendations.

JayBaller: you are clearly uninformed to be making such a suggestion.  The American public has this idiotic, irrational opinion that they should be paying $1.50/gallon for gasoline in 2005 when adjusted for inflation gasoline should be about $2.90/gallon.  I have no respect for people who drive 15 miles out of thier way to save 2 cents a gallon and then walk into the convenience store and pay over $4.00/gallon for bottled water!!!  And then complain about the price of gas...compare the cost of drilling for crude oil vs water!!  When gas guzzling SUV's no longer are on the road and people really start putting their actions where their mouth is, then we can have an intelligent discussion.  Europe taxes the crap out of gasoline so people conserve.  In the U.S. approximately 40% of the price of a gallon of gasoline is fed,state and local taxes.  Get your facts correct before you are spouting off recommendations.

417808[/snapback]

great post

Do me a favor...JSP's asking questions about how oil's bought at the wellhead and shipped.  I took my best guess at an answer, which is pretty pathetic ("Well...it's complicated, and I don't understand it.").  Go answer his question.

417677[/snapback]

Yes, master. ;)

Okay I have no idea how to make this short but let me try.

Oil is pumped from (1) wells on land, shallow water, deepwater or (2) tar sands of Canada (3) Oil shale - this is too expensive now but US has a lot of oil in this form.

Transported by (1) Sub-sea pipeline from offshore wells (2) over-ground pipelines to refineries or (3) pipelines to ports, oil tankers to destination country and then pipeline distribution network to refineries.

Main variables for prices: (1) Demand- Supply balance (2) Quality of oil - light sweet, heavy sour, sour etc. (3) Political situation such as conflicts, death of Saudi king , and (4) Market fears - hurricane that may disrupt supply, terrorism

Hope this answers JSP's question ? I don't want to make this too long as I know people attention span is limited and I am just too lazy.

Yes, master.  :P

Okay I have no idea how to make this short but let me try.

Oil is pumped from (1) wells on land, shallow water, deepwater or (2) tar sands of Canada (3) Oil shale - this is too expensive now but US has a lot of oil in this form.

Transported by (1) Sub-sea pipeline from offshore wells (2) over-ground pipelines to refineries or (3) pipelines to ports, oil tankers to destination country and then pipeline distribution network to refineries.

Main variables for prices: (1) Demand- Supply balance (2) Quality of oil - light sweet, heavy sour, sour etc. (3) Political situation such as conflicts, death of Saudi king , and (4) Market fears - hurricane that may disrupt supply, terrorism

Hope this answers JSP's question ? I don't want to make this too long as I know people attention span is limited and I am just too lazy.

417881[/snapback]

I can appreciate your laziness. I've been studying this for the past two weeks, and the more I learn about how oil is actually acquired and shipped, the more sincerely ignorant I become on the topic. ;)

It's so complex, it's probably not worth the answer anyway.

Problem is, some Skoal-drooling redneck is going to come on and tell you that $3.00 a gallon is cheap too.  It's $5 in France. 

I know, that's why I like the US better than France, but still, that is what you are going to get as a response here, sorry.

417608[/snapback]

Yeah, well in times of hardship, France's favorite positions are also either with their hands firmly clasped around their ankles or on their backs starting at the ceiling.

When I get to Buffalo I'm filling up with Mobil gas because I always do.  I'm not putting some cheapo gas that's going to wreck my engine.

418634[/snapback]

I agree. These major oil companies are multi-billion dollar conglomerates who simply cannot afford to see us a bad gallon of gasoline. Stuckincincy claimed (on the consumer board) that smaller companies have tanks which are often not as clean as those of the big companies. The majors also claim to put additives in their gasoline.

There are plenty of off brands around here. I could never pull into one in a $20,000 car and put "Home Run" gas in it in order to save 20 cents.

All the gas stations here in the SF area get their fuel from the handful of refineries in the area. The just add the additives before it is put in the truck. The local Safeway has the cheapest gas in town and sells so much, there is no way crud collects in the tanks. Chevron HQ is only 5 miles from me. You think they are the cheapest here?- no way. Gas is gas. Unless you drive a ferrari, regular is fine. and cheaper. By the way, the cheapest is $2.74/gal with the 3 cent/gal Safeway card discount.