Pat Robertson, "Christian"

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lovely. But he's better than al Sadr. Ask him, he'll tell you.

I'm just waiting for the part when he joins the Jimmy Swaggert club and he, too, is bursted in on while pearl-necklacing a prostitute's chest in a sleazy hotel room. "Oh, yeah, baby. Mmmm. Yeah...."

Robertson's a !@#$ing looney.  That people actually take him seriously scares the living sh-- out of me.

415279[/snapback]

It is good that you are scared. He is a crackpot, but more than millions shares his worldview: an eschatology where we are in the last days before Armagedeon and the end of the world.

He also seems to have a strange definition of a "dictator" since Chavez was democratically elected.

415254[/snapback]

Uh, not quite.

He manipulated that election, of that there is little doubt.

And since then he's locked up opposition and used force agianst his own people.

EDIT: This is not a post in support of Robertson. He's a fool. Consider this fact-checking. :huh:

The big question is "Who Would Jesus Kill?".

If the Christian right tolerates this is just serves to underscore the depths of their hypocrisy (and stupidity). It will be well worthwhile to go to hell just to see THEM all burning there too.

If the Christian right tolerates this is just serves to underscore the depths of their hypocrisy (and stupidity).  It will be well worthwhile to go to hell just to see THEM all burning there too.

415457[/snapback]

Sit there and tell us all with a straight face that youve never heard anyone call for the assasination of our own President at any of your little "parties" or at any other gatherings youve attended by your left-leaning friends.

Sit there and tell us all with a straight face that youve never heard anyone call for the assasination of our own President at any of your little "parties" or at any other gatherings youve attended by your left-leaning friends.

415476[/snapback]

Good analogy. Spitballing with friends is about the same thing as a national figure calling for an assasination on TV. Try harder to spin this against the Democrats.

415476[/snapback]

The most I've heard is for a wave of both-ends flu to go through the WH.

Believe it or not, most people who call themselves Dems actually respect the office enough not to call for an execution. For all the talk of the lunatic left, too bad the lunatic right has carried them out with frequency over the last 40 years. That, or the thought of "President Dick Cheney" would cause a body-wide version of brain freeze.

415476[/snapback]

I have never heard such a thing. Not even close. I can't speak for her but the parties I got to are rarely (never) for just democrats. When I have discussed things with just a democrat or two over lunch or a drink or whatever, I have never heard such a thing said. Do you really think that is what deomcrats do? I know a lot of that kind of looney talk was a staple of the right through the Clinton years and beyond but as for the democrats I hang with, that stuff never caught on with us.

Good analogy. Spitballing with friends is about the same thing as a national figure calling for an assasination on TV. Try harder to spin this against the Democrats.

415539[/snapback]

I guess it just would have been too hard to say "Pat Robertson calling for the assasination of a democratically elected leader is simply wrong" and then been done with the issue. Instead, even this has to be some sort of an argument. Its like when you say something seemingly uncontroversial like "It was wrong for Matthew Shepherd to be tied to a fence and left to die simply because he was gay" and the reaction you get is something along the lines of "Oh yeah? Well those gays are asking for special rights and that's wrong." Even better, "Homosexuality is wrong, it says so in the Bible."

415539[/snapback]

Im speaking more about Deb's critiscism and blanket statement that I am of Robertson. Robertson's a fool.

Does that mean then that calling for his murder is not wrong?

415625[/snapback]

Did I say that?

Look, I think Chavez is a grade-a-****. Would I like to see him gone? Yes.

But I hardly think that we'd ever get away with it. So it'd be better not to do it.

Robertson is a loon. At least we on the right call a loon a loon, unlike the left. Where on the board is the left's condemning of Sheehan, Dean, Jessie Jackson, Farakan, MoveOn, et al?

Mickey, the guys that killed Matthew Shepard said they killed him beause he stiffed them on a drug deal, not because he was gay. The MSM made it a cause celebre.

Where was the press about the teenager kidnapped, tourtured and killed by two gay men in I believe Texas about 6 months after the Shepard murder?

Here is what I am speaking about. My point towards Deb is that she has nerve to a) lump all Conservatives...even the so-called "Christian" ones in with that fool Roberts and b) to be so naive as to think her side of the aisle doesnt engage in such horrid rhetoric.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ideas_opin...3p-287875c.html

This article written by a Democrat, BTW...speaking of the vitriol coming from many.

It was a phenomenon I saw in last year's presidential race. When a host on Air America radio advocated violence against Bush, I was shocked that some liberals applauded. One call from a 78-year-old Connecticut woman still gives me chills: Speaking of Bush, she said: "Osama Bin Laden had it right: His throat should be slit."

A New York Times reporter who dared write something nice about Bush got an E-mail from a California man who said he hoped the reporter's child would be killed by a terrorist bomb.

Such ugly views are hardly typical of every Democrat or liberal. But there is no denying that the fringe is starting to dominate the party. Leaders who have the courage to say "enough" need to come forward. Where are they?

Instead, even this has to be some sort of an argument.  Its like when you say something seemingly uncontroversial like "It was wrong for Matthew Shepherd to be tied to a fence and left to die simply because he was gay" and the reaction you get is something along the lines of "Oh yeah? Well those gays are asking for special rights and that's wrong."  Even better, "Homosexuality is wrong, it says so in the Bible."

415616[/snapback]

I'd say he shouldn't have been killed period.

I don't know how much of it was because he was gay and how much of it was because the two guys he ran into were completely pshychotic. They did what they did to him and, on the way home, got into a fight with two more guys (who were Mexican - so maybe that was reason enough). They were also drug addicts and had just about the worst childhoods you can have. They were screwed up.

And that last suicide attack ...it was just to DIE for!

415647[/snapback]

"I just LOVE your new kaffiya! Where did you get it? Mohammed and I are having a dinner party next week to talk about how to exterminate the Jews and I'd love to wear something like that!"

Did I say that?

Look, I think Chavez is a grade-a-****. Would I like to see him gone? Yes.

But I hardly think that we'd ever get away with it. So it'd be better not to do it.

415630[/snapback]

? So assassination is ok as long as you can get away with it :devil:

If the Christian right tolerates this is just serves to underscore the depths of their hypocrisy (and stupidity).  It will be well worthwhile to go to hell just to see THEM all burning there too.

415457[/snapback]

Yet someone claimed you lumped all conservatives together here. :devil:

Petro-Veza has a lot more pull than the government anyway. Like all else, this will blow over. And, there is nothing wrong with occasionally using assasination to further security, if that's what it takes. Even Bill Clinton understood that. I don't think it applies here, though.