Brad Riter

It's him.  I'm still wondering what kind of devastating injury could they be hiding on a player who was able to dress in NFL gear (not exactly loose-fitting sweats), participate in stretching, and jog off the field?

409410[/snapback]

If the Bills' do have Willis suited up while he's really injured, what's scary is that they actually have someone in charge of propoganda. If it's TD, shouldn't he be thinking how to sign Clements rather than selling another 10 seasons by covering up injuries?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This lucid theory from the same guy who told us last year after the Pittsburgh game, that (paraphrasing) "if you watched that game and think it was about Bledsoe's poor play, you're nuts." It still amazes me that the geniuses at GR made that statement into a promo for his show. Sorry Brad, but your UFO theories and contrarian analysis to generate controversy are ridiculous. And GR wonders why it can't get guests from the Bills to come on their shows.

Um, both?

I'm kind of a schmuck, and I'm also Brad.

I'm writing during commercial breaks.

409408[/snapback]

Brad, we all think it's wonderful that members of the media take the time to check out what the fans are saying at sites like The Stadium Wall. We always suspected it, but it's nice to have confirmation.

If you read the posts here, then you are probably aware of folks feelings about WGR. I don't know if the suits take stuff like this seriously, or maybe they think it's just a bunch a crap stirred up by Alan Pergament. But I know many here feel that WGR has some serious credibility issues.

I hope that this whole Willis-gate thing is not just some lame attempt to stir up controversy for the sake of ratings. I'm sure the suits at 'GR have fond memories of the days of The Coach, but that kind of "scorched earth" sports talk may appeal to the most negative Buffalo fan, but not to the real fans of the Bills.

The fact that the Bills are not revealing injury information is not a slap at the media. It's meant not to give the Bills opponents any information they can use, no matter how trivial. If you think it's silly, call and speak to your co-workers over at WEEI in Boston. Ask them how forthcoming the Patriots are. That doesn't stop them from ballwashing the team and their coach 24/7.

By the way, WEEI offers an internet stream. Why doesn't WGR? Do you have any idea how many diehard Bills and Sabres fans there are around the world? I'd love to know if you guys are at least thinking about it.

PTR

C'mon already. This is lame even for WGR standards. 45,000 or so people already bought their season tickets before today and there are no refunds. Injuries happen and for whatever reason, the Bills do not disclose injuries during the preseason (same as most other teams). Coach Mularkey stated that Willis would play Saturday. End of story.

There comes a point when there is just too much media coverage and that is because there is just too much air time to fill. Members of the media break down every single detail of every single play in practice and then give their opinions. Then they break down every single bump and bruise, what the players did in the AM, the PM and how they ate, drank, slept and everything else and then tell us how that will affect the entire season. When all that is done, the conspiracy theories, wild predictions and general overkill on usless items takes over. Some fans follow all of it because they love their team and want to know everything- real or imagined.

I find it hard to believe that WGR can't fill a couple hours of airtime with something more useful, productive and informative than an imagined PR coverup about a Willis McGahee injury to sell season tickets in mid-August.

Just some of my honest opinions-

Brad, I really dig your on air personality most times. You have a fine sarcastic sense of humor that I get, though I really think you're reading too much into this....

There was a time not very long ago that we as fans were not privy to any of this information and this high level of detail about every player or coach and when he takes a leak or whether he puts his right pant leg on first or left.

There are also times where we as fans and media may have certain assumptions about things that aren't necessarily as they seem. There are reasons a plenty (ask king Bill up in New England) beyond us that all these teams reveal or disguise information, and it is at their discretion and theirs alone. There are also different regulations prior to the season as to what player information can be released, and some of it is even based upon the player's discretion.

There are also certain team based occurences that I have seen over the years that COULD explain a situation such as you saw with McGahee... A position coach, for example, may require a "nicked up" player to wear his uniform and participate in mental reps at his position as silly as it may seem to some. This also shows team unity and furthermore, position unity. If you haven't noticed, even Willis still lacks in a few technique areas that he could benefit from being mentally involved in drills. His blitz pickup skills do not currently match what one of his physical stature and athletic ability would be expected to be able to acheive.

I often think that while I am grateful at times for the level of information we have access to, I also see where it can be a situation that becomes overkill, and possibly quite a nuisance or atleast a joke to the organization.

I think if you, and especially Mike (Mr. Baseball is better than the Bills) Schopp, look around the league a bit you will see many of the same situations and occurences.

I listen to your station because I am a Bills fanatic and sometimes any Bills talk = good Bills talk. Unfortunately it is only on your segment, and occasionally Howard's that I ever hear anything resembling the enjoyment of being a Bill's fan anymore. With that said though I think you need to lighten up on this one, respectfully speaking .

I find it hard to believe that WGR can't fill a couple hours of airtime with something more useful, productive and informative than an imagined PR coverup about a Willis McGahee injury to sell season tickets in mid-August.

409505[/snapback]

Like maybe "Dancing With the Stars" or why you shouldn't golf with your wife? A couple of weeks ago people were screaming for WGR to say anything about the Bills...Of course there are also plenty of things that could be said about the Bills without making stevestojan up...

409505[/snapback]

Maybe it's just the way he comes across on the air, but it seems to me that Brad is just mailing it in every night. Any thoughts Brad?

Maybe it's just the way he comes across on the air, but it seems to me that Brad is just mailing it in every night.  Any thoughts Brad?

409742[/snapback]

I like Brad for the most part, he's one of the best on GR. Of course there are things I disagree with, but no will agree with everything. The person that is the worst on GR is Jeremy White. Wow, you talk about meaningless comments and points. Thank God Howard is there to slap him around from time to time. This guy does not belong on a sports talk show!!!

I like Brad for the most part, he's one of the best on GR.  Of course there are things I disagree with, but no will agree with everything.  The person that is the worst on GR is Jeremy White.  Wow, you talk about meaningless comments and points.  Thank God Howard is there to slap him around from time to time.  This guy does not belong on a sports talk show!!!

409756[/snapback]

When Brad and Jeremy were together, they made a great team, they played of each other very well. That said, the people who listen to Howard, DO NOT want to have to listen to Jeremy's shtick on the show. They are like oil and water and this is one of those circumstances where the counter-personalities are not a good thing. Jeremy alone causes me to turn off Howards show many morning.

For Brad.... its that stupid Lamar thing he does. Last night it was at least 3-4 minutes of that thing singing. In radio time 3-4 minutes is a lifetime, I turned off after that time and the radio never went back on. Had it not been for "lamar" I probably would have had his show on until 10.

When Brad and Jeremy were together, they made a great team, they played of each other very well. That said, the people who listen to Howard, DO NOT want to have to listen to Jeremy's shtick on the show. They are like oil and water and this is one of those circumstances where the counter-personalities are not a good thing. Jeremy alone causes me to turn off Howards show many morning.

For Brad.... its that stupid Lamar thing he does. Last night it was at least 3-4 minutes of that thing singing. In radio time 3-4 minutes is a lifetime, I turned off after that time and the radio never went back on. Had it not been for "lamar" I probably would have had his show on until 10.

409760[/snapback]

Oooh, forgot about Lamar!! Haven't listened in a while. Your right, Brad and Jeremy definitely had better chemistry. He just comes off as lame with Simon. Damn, now I have Lamar's voice in my head!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been listening to Brad Riter for the last 20 minutes. He is convinced the only reason Willis was in pads was to fool fans into believeing he is healthy, so they will buy season tickets.

He has a valid point in saying there is no reason for him to be in pads and be carrying a helmet if he had no intention of practicing, but Riter is really go off saying that fans that go to practice are just "happy to be there, yelling 'Go Bills!' and see willis with pads and say 'oh, there's willis'".

While I agree Willis is probably more hurt than we think, Brad Riter basically insulted every person that goes to camp, stating that those are the people that will buy season tickets not knowing that Willis is hurt.

I think most people that are considering laying down several hundred dollars for seasons are more than likely going to know what's going on with the team - at least enough to know that your biggest weapon might be injured.

409328[/snapback]

Another shining example of a douche bag (Brad Riter not Stojan) who never played sports making rediculous comments. I can't believe something like this needs to be explained to "an expert". Unless a player is OUT he gets dressed for practice. It is called being part of the team and maintaining that unity. It is common for coaches on a levels to make players do this, my high school coach did it for christs sake. Nice call Riter you douche bag.

Another shining example of a douche bag (Brad Riter not Stojan) who never played sports making rediculous comments. I can't believe something like this needs to be explained to "an expert". Unless a player is OUT he gets dressed for practice. It is called being part of the team and maintaining that unity. It is common for coaches on a levels to make players do this, my high school coach did it for christs sake. Nice call Riter you douche bag.

409821[/snapback]

IS this level of venom necessary. Hell, talking about something you find trivial doesn't necessarily make someone a douce bag!

I'm sure as former HIGH SCHOOL football player your opinion and experience blows away anything that any of us may have, does that make US Douche bags as well???

409821[/snapback]

arthritis acting up coach?

That said, the people who listen to Howard, DO NOT want to have to listen to Jeremy's shtick on the show. They are like oil and water and this is one of those circumstances where the counter-personalities are not a good thing. Jeremy alone causes me to turn off Howards show many morning.

409760[/snapback]

Anyone who feels this way should take this post and email it to WGR. In the past, I've shared my view with WGR management on Jeremy being teamed with Howard.