Reed at camp yesterday

He dropped 5 passes that hit him in the hands! :D

From what I saw he has developed a bad habit of catching the ball to close to his body. So every ball that has some pepper on it bounces off his shoulder pads. (he is mailing it in folks! :P )

If I was TD I would have cut him after that practice!

On the other hand Drew Haddad (spelling?) was catching everything! he was running great routes... hope he makes it!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He dropped 5 passes that hit him in the hands!  :D

From what I saw he has developed a bad habit of catching the ball to close to his body.  So every ball that has some pepper on it bounces off his shoulder pads. (he is mailing it in folks!  :P )

On the other hand Drew Haddad (spelling?) was catching everything! he was running great routes... hope he makes it!

405692[/snapback]

Please oh please Roscoe hurry up and get well.....

Maybe now that Reed knows Parrish is hurt he feels he doesn't have to have a superb camp anymore to make the roster...

He dropped 5 passes that hit him in the hands!  :P

From what I saw he has developed a bad habit of catching the ball to close to his body.  So every ball that has some pepper on it bounces off his shoulder pads. (he is mailing it in folks!  :( )

405692[/snapback]

Well that's more in line than the reports I've been hearing about him on the radio. It's funny, he seems to perform well when I go to camp :D

Well that's more in line than the reports I've been hearing about him on the radio. It's funny, he seems to perform well when I go to camp  :D

405700[/snapback]

Maybe Reed ought to buy you season tickets... :P

Everthing I've read is that George Wilson has been catching everything with some circus catches sprinkled in. 

Any validity to this?

405735[/snapback]

Yeah, he has caught everything and has really got my attention. I cant wait to see him in the preseason games.

Everthing I've read is that George Wilson has been catching everything with some circus catches sprinkled in. 

Any validity to this?

405735[/snapback]

Yeah, I was there last monday morning when he made a great catch at the back of the endzone and came down in bounds right in front of TD. I didn't see him drop a single pass but then again, neither did Reed.

I had nothing but good reports about Reed, so far this summer. I still say that people are going way overboard in writing this guy off. Whether it is in Buffalo, or elsewhere, I bet he ends up with a long, productive NFL career....if it isn't in Buffalo, who will be our whipping boy then?

I had nothing but good reports about Reed, so far this summer.  I still say that people are going way overboard in writing this guy off.  Whether it is in Buffalo, or elsewhere, I bet he ends up with a long, productive NFL career....if it isn't in Buffalo, who will be our whipping boy then?

405859[/snapback]

I thought after last season he would not make the team this year, others said

he is really very cheap, and other reasons for keeping him.

This was before the draft when Buffalo used the first pick for a receiver.

Why do you suppose this was?

I had nothing but good reports about Reed, so far this summer.  I still say that people are going way overboard in writing this guy off.  Whether it is in Buffalo, or elsewhere, I bet he ends up with a long, productive NFL career....if it isn't in Buffalo, who will be our whipping boy then?

405859[/snapback]

I'm with you on this. Certain Bills fans have to have a whipping boy, and now that Travis Henry is gone, Josh Reed is the designated vessel for all these fans' disappointment and scorn.

I'm not saying he doesn't have to prove himself, but the degree to which he is being written off by most of the posters on this thread and elsewhere strikes me as being excessive and unwarranted, especially when they are hyping guys like Drew Haddad and George Wilson over him.

I'm with you on this.  Certain Bills fans have to have a whipping boy, and now that Travis Henry is gone, Josh Reed is the designated vessel for all these fans' disappointment and scorn.

I'm not saying he doesn't have to prove himself, but the degree to which he is being written off by most of the posters on this thread and elsewhere strikes me as being excessive and unwarranted, especially when they are hyping guys like Drew Haddad and George Wilson over him.

405906[/snapback]

Who is that?

I'm with you on this.  Certain Bills fans have to have a whipping boy, and now that Travis Henry is gone, Josh Reed is the designated vessel for all these fans' disappointment and scorn.

405906[/snapback]

I think Reed has always been a whipping boy.

Call me when he catches a pass.

I thought after last season he would not make the team this year, others said

he is really very cheap, and other reasons for keeping him.

This was before the draft when Buffalo used the first pick for a receiver.

Why do you suppose this was?

405898[/snapback]

I think they took a receiver because, like McGahee, TD and company thought he was too good a player at that point to pass on.

Look at Reed's career, bigger picture:

Year one: had a very solid rookie season, nobody was compaining too much.

Year two: Under a new offensive coordinator, in a new offense, Reed was asked to switch positions on the offense. He probably didn't learn as quickly as fans, and coaches would have liked...

Year three: after what was being called a good summer, Reed was injured most of the season, and had few opportunities to produce.

I am not saying that Reed will ever be the caliber of Eric Moulds, Andre Reed, Lee Evans, and maybe not even Roscoe Parrish. What I am saying, however, is that, at the price we have him for, I don't think that he will/should be written off as quickly as some here would have it. If Aiken or Wilson are just heads and shoulders better than Reed, so be it, let him go. But all seem to jumping to the conclusion that they are already better, when the reality is, neither have done a thing as of yet. Drew Haddad is a great story, but there must be some reason that, after all these years, he has had little success cracking the line-up. Yet, the coaches seem to see enough to let him compete for a job, year in year out. Some guys just take a little longer than others.

Let's go back in Bills history a few years. Remember Robb Riddick? This guy was a role player/fan favorite back-up running back in the 1980's. He was drafted (or maybe signed as a FA, I can't remember) in 1980 under Chuck Knox. Year in, year out, the guy had good training camps, but never dazzled anyone. For the first 4 years, he was mostly injured, or dressed in street clothes on the sidelines. Every summer, he was just assumed to be an automatic cut. Yet, when he finally got some playing time, around 1985 or so, he became a very productive, big play guy for the Bills. It was the era right before the Super Bowl run, but Riddick became a difference maker, because he was a good athlete, smart, and tough. He learned to catch out of the backfield, and could rush for 70-80 yards every few weeks, when called upon. I see Reed developing into that type of player, somewhere.