Bills trying to get Eagles' Corey Simon!

Tolstoy

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A great defense gets us in the playoffs last year.

399499[/snapback]

anything even resembling an offense gets us in the playoffs last year.

being in the nfc gets us in the playoffs last year

denver, baltimore, and jacksonville all losing in week 17 gets us into the playoffs last year

changing our team name to "the patriots" gets us into the playoffs last year...

.. blah...

Do we really need him?  Only time will tell.  We absolutely need somebody to stuff the run like Pat did. 

I'd rather keep both Clements and McGee and use the $$$$ on them.

399528[/snapback]

What we want and what we can get may be two entirely different things, and TD has a better idea than we do of the likelihood of getting Nate to sign an extension.

Getting a young stud DT would be great as it replaces the only player lost in the D of last year with a better talent with many more playing years ahead of him. The Eagles would be interested in getting this done as they have already tried to trade him. The real question for me is whether it is a BS rumour or if the Bills are interested in a probable upgrade in the DT rotation and a position more or less secured for a number of years or if they are happy with the status quo and having more $ to keep the players nearing the end of their contracts.

I do like the idea of this trade, personally.

I posted this awhile back about Simon:

I have a small Corey Simon story that kind of rubs me the wrong way. I worked for the Eagles as an intern after high school and I was involved in their community outreach program, the Eagles Youth Partnership. I became friends with one of the girls that worked there and I would ask her stupid stuff like what are the players like, etc. She said the only one she couldn't stand was Simon. One particular incident stood out in my mind. She said that they had a memoribilia signing day once and Simon and one other player were the ones there. It was a catered event as well. Anyway, the food didn't arrive on time and Simon asked when it was getting there. They told him that they were making calls and it would be very soon but they had to start the signings. He flat out refused to sign a thing until "his" food arrived. His quote was something like "I ain't signing a damn thing till I eat."

Eh probably means nothing, but I really have never wanted him on the team since then.

I think he is a great player and I guess I would welcome his addition to our defense because I'd bet this type of story is probably applicable to many players that I like. But I dunno...would be kinda hard to root for him.

I think he is a great player and I guess I would welcome his addition to our defense because I'd bet this type of story is probably applicable to many players that I like. But I dunno...would be kinda hard to root for him.

399813[/snapback]

I think the first time he knocked Brady on his candy ass, you'd be his biggest fan. :(

Some of you are really overvaluing Simon, he is NOT...I repeat NOT....a great player...but here are my thoughts on him and his situation here in Philly.

He's asking too much money and having to deal with him come in fat and out of shape this season again, will hurt the team more than help it. While Trotter might have been a big reason the defense of the Eagles stepped up big time mid-season last year, the other reason was Simon's glaring lack of production until November (because he was so out of shape). Once he finally reached football shape (or as close to it as he could), the D started playing so much better. But I'd rather not see that drop to start the year, especially with the depth the Eagles have at DT.

Just the fact that he held out and showed up fat and out of shape in a CONTRACT year proves to me (and obviously the FO) that he's not worth the money he's asking for.

I posted this awhile back about Simon:

A Bunch of Stuff about Simon.

399813[/snapback]

While I appreciate wanting to have players that are not only good players, but upstanding citizens I think the character issue gets a little too much play around here. I just want to win at this point. If it means bringing in a few unsavory characters that can flat out play then I for one am all for it. Having said that I don't think this Simon thing will ever happen. Just doesn't seem like a TD thing to do.

Some of you are really overvaluing Simon, he is NOT...I repeat NOT....a great player...but here are my thoughts on him and his situation here in Philly.

He's asking too much money and having to deal with him come in fat and out of shape this season again, will hurt the team more than help it. While Trotter might have been a big reason the defense of the Eagles stepped up big time mid-season last year, the other reason was Simon's glaring lack of production until November (because he was so out of shape). Once he finally reached football shape (or as close to it as he could), the D started playing so much better. But I'd rather not see that drop to start the year, especially with the depth the Eagles have at DT.

Just the fact that he held out and showed up fat and out of shape in a CONTRACT year proves to me (and obviously the FO) that he's not worth the money he's asking for.

399834[/snapback]

Thanks for the input Philly Girl. I agree that some here have the "grass is greener" outlook on Simon. :(

I don't know if it is indicative of his play, but Simon's total tackle stats have gone down since his rookie year.  If the Bills had to make a choice of using the money for a long term contract on Clements or signing a player who is DISGRUNTLED with his current team, I say invest in NC!!!

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/187398

399086[/snapback]

It depends on what it will cost the Bills to bring in Simon, and I agree with what you said.

Thoughts? My thoughts are this isn't Madden 95. You can't take a bunch of crap and trade it for an all star.

Would you trade a Bills franchise player for a low pick and a back-up? Please.

399109[/snapback]

Except that, in this case, the Eagles may be willing to take less, becuause it would free them from Simon's salary demands. It would be a talent plus for the Bills, and salary cap releif for the Eagles.

That being said, I don't see it happening. Ever notice how increasingly unreliable "reliable sources" are becoming?