Bills trying to get Eagles' Corey Simon!

Tolstoy

I'm not sure about that. We'd have plenty of $$ left because Clements is making a good salary this year. We could give him a bonus and a lower salary this year. The bonus would be amortized over the length of the contract.

We certainly have enough $$ to sign Simon AND Clements. And for next year, please remember we won't have Drew's dead cap dollars counting against the cap.

399158[/snapback]

But don't forget that the year after is when practically everyone is up for FA. :)

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was pretty surprised to hear this too. The Bills getting better at DE would make an already tough defense pretty dominant. ST's are no longer hold-your-breath scary - in fact, they're one of the best.

The defense and ST's are going to hand JP a LOT of short-field drives to work with. If the Bills have a solid running game, this kid is not going to have to be the second coming of Jim Kelly. If there's not a total disaster at LT, Trent Dilfer-level play could take this team to the playoffs. Still big ifs; I'm just saying.

Get better at DE? Holy crap.

399160[/snapback]

DT, not DE. He'd be making our DEs better though. *drool*

Do you guys think he would be better than Pat Williams? I know he was a premium tackle coming out of collage, but he also has the reputaiton of taking too many plays off. All things being equal, if they were intent on spending money for a tackle, why wouldn't they throw it at Pat Williams, (from a continuity and chemistry perspective if anything...).

I think you're right.  The Ravens were ready to send a #2 and a #3 for Simon.  Reed plus a #3 (and perhaps a #4 or #5 the following year) sounds about right.

399164[/snapback]

Not to mention that TD holds more cards than you think. I don't see the need for the extra picks because the Eagles are desperate for WR help and desperate to get rid of a guy that won't show up at camp. I read in that article that the Bills could get him for less than what the Ravens offered. This gets me excited. Josh Reed and a 3rd rounder should do it. :)

Do you guys think he would be better than Pat Williams?  I know he was a premium tackle coming out of collage, but he also has the reputaiton of taking too many plays off.  All things being equal, if they were intent on spending money for a tackle, why wouldn't they throw it at Pat Williams, (from a continuity and chemistry perspective if anything...).

399167[/snapback]

He's much better than Big Pat Williams and younger, by about 5 years. :)

I think you're right.  The Ravens were ready to send a #2 and a #3 for Simon.  Reed plus a #3 (and perhaps a #4 or #5 the following year) sounds about right.

399164[/snapback]

this is probably stating the obvious, but hopefully this is why TD fought so hard to get the third rounder for henry.

oops  :)  DT.

The thought of making this defense better is making me short-circuit.

399170[/snapback]

Don't worry. I'm sure you're not the only one getting a woody over this rumor. and if it happens, this board will probably crash again. :angry::D

Getting Simon makes a lot of sense. And I don't think it is indicative of poor play by Anderson or Edwards. It simply adds another high caliber player to the DT rotation and locks a realtively young Pro Bowl DT up for at least 5 years. Adams is getting long in the tooth and only has a year remaining on his deal. Edwards and Anderson seem to be nice players but probably not difference makers. Getting Simon makes the team better this year and solidifies the future at DT.

Check what the Eagles fans are saying. 

http://www.igglephans.com/dc/dcboard.php?a...id=145902&page=

399176[/snapback]

Particularly here:

At this point if you look at Buffalo's D-tackles, they need Simon a hell of a lot more than the Eagles do.

I wouldn't take anything less than a first and a third, or if the Bills hold out and say they won't surrender a first, then force them to also give up a fourth.

Three picks for Simon? Yes. A second and a third are not enough.

A First and a third -- do it yesterday.

But if they say JUST a second and a third, politely tell them no, let them try and make it with the tackles they now have and either wait for Simon to sign or keep his ass on the bench payless for a year.

We don't NEED him. Buffalo does.

:doh: But they DO need a WR and they DO have other headaches to deal with (T.O. and Westbrook). This moron makes it sound like they hold all the cards. They don't.

A first and a third or a two, three AND four for Simon. Give me a fuggin break.

Josh Reed and a low pick for Simon.

Hear me out - I don't usually propose these wild trade scenarios, but this one makes perfect sense.  The Eagles NEED a WR, especially with Owens hurting again.  Reed would be a good fit in that offense - he's an excellent blocker and he's tough (he has stone hands and no confidence, but let's not tell them that).  Simon wants out of there - he's one of the better "penetrating" d-tackles in the league, a real quick, disruptive force when he wants to be.  You can't turn down the opportunity to get a player like that.

Thoughts?

399094[/snapback]

Would you trade Nate Clements to the Eagles for a backup LT? Simon is a probowl player and Josh Reed is our 4th receiver. That is a similiar deal... those are my thoughts.... Sooo the answer from any Eagle fan would be ARE YOU F'ing kidding me...

There is no way Donahoe will give up more than what Philly was willing to take from the Ravens. I also think there is no way the Eagles take Josh Reed in lieu of a 2nd or 3rd round pick. Philly loves their draft picks and Josh Reed hasn't done anything in the NFL. I could see Donahoe offering 2 3rd rounders, but willing to go as high as a 2nd and 3rd.

Here's a good post and it was more what I was thinking....

Ballsy 

"Forget getting a deal done then"

Simon wants a contract like Booger McFarland and Jenkins got. That's a big investment on Buffalo's part.

Then the Eagles are gonna demand a 1st AND 3rd rounder? That's wayyy too high a price. At this point I think the Birds would take a 2nd and either a 4th or 5th rounder to be done with it.

Then again, I still can't believe the Dolphins gave up a high 2nd rd. pick for A.J. Feeley either!

You're either being sarcastic, or my paranoia is correct and no one even bothers to read my posts.

399149[/snapback]

Coach, we would all love to see this trade. But unless the Eagle scouts only watched his pre-season work-outs instead of game film on this guy, I just don't see it happening. I mean this guy might get cut in three weeks.