Bills trying to get Eagles' Corey Simon!

Tolstoy

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Josh Reed and a low pick for Simon.

Hear me out - I don't usually propose these wild trade scenarios, but this one makes perfect sense.  The Eagles NEED a WR, especially with Owens hurting again.  Reed would be a good fit in that offense - he's an excellent blocker and he's tough (he has stone hands and no confidence, but let's not tell them that).  Simon wants out of there - he's one of the better "penetrating" d-tackles in the league, a real quick, disruptive force when he wants to be.  You can't turn down the opportunity to get a player like that.

Thoughts?

399094[/snapback]

Thoughts? My thoughts are this isn't Madden 95. You can't take a bunch of crap and trade it for an all star.

Would you trade a Bills franchise player for a low pick and a back-up? Please.

Thoughts? My thoughts are this isn't Madden 95. You can't take a bunch of crap and trade it for an all star.

399109[/snapback]

Correct. And as far as him having stone hands I believe thier scouts get paid to actually scout. Let's throw in Ryan Denney just because .... we don't want him.

nice, now even Bills Daily is confirming the rumor:

Bills and Simon

399108[/snapback]

No, they're just reporting the rumor. Won't be long before someone at WGR spots him "in the airport."

I'd love to get Simon... but I ain't holding my breath just yet.

i'm shocked about this.  Ron Edwards has been looking good out there and he has bulked up.  He's HUGE!  Plus we already got Big Sam.  If they want to go after any tackles, fine.  Go after an OFFENSIVE TACKLE.  :)

399068[/snapback]

Who? I don't know who is out there and is worth the $$ they are asking.

Who? I don't know who is out there and is worth the $$ they are asking.

399127[/snapback]

It's obvious Mike Gandy is having some problems at Left Offensive tackle and we would all breathe easier with a proven stud there. But you don't pass up a proven Defensive Playmaker right before the season starts-ala Milloy.

399109[/snapback]

You can't? Remember what the Eagles gave up for Owens? A bunch of crap (backup d-lineman who would later be cut, plus a low draft choice). The Eagles are absolutely desperate for a WR. I don't think this is that far-fetched.

I couldn't have said it better buffalo mike. TD needs to make this happen. Although I agree with the fact that we do need help at LT, I think getting a player of this caliber just kicks an already strong defense up another notch... and we all know that defense wins ball games.

I think folks need to break out of thinking that the result is either one extreme or the other. A "possible" deal is either completely the stupidest thing they ever heard or it is a great idea that gurantees us an SB.

This potential Simon deal has plusses and minuses (+= 10 of 11 D starters returning and this is a likely upgrade over the 1 who left, it strengthens us as we still have Edwards/Anderson and really only endangers Sape/Bannan, disgruntled players should be looked at with caution but pre-existing relationship with Modrak and language from Simon that he will show up for his teammates in regular season strikes me as caution enough- -= cap balancing issue of downstream impact on signing NC, actually creates logjam of DT talent with Pro Bowler Adams, young Edwards/Anderson (this is a problem?).

Actually foget my usual call for moderation, if this deal works out it is all to our benefit.

I understand the desire of some folks to focus on LT hole as a bigger issue, but the reality at LT is that we make it work with what we got or we don't (It simply is not a choice whether we pursue a franchised DT like Simon or a franchised LT instead. There is no either or choice for the Bills here for an LT. If we can get a franchise player to strengthen the position even though Edwards/Anderson are likely satisfactory I saw go for it.

If there was a lt worth signing that was out there, than yeah it would be wiser to bring in a lt. However you can never have enough good players on the dline. It all starts upfront on defense. Simon would be worth the investment, however I'm also not holding my breath till I see some legit source.

Corey Simon next to Sam Adams could be very dominating! I think the Bills brass must see the big picture too!

399145[/snapback]

I'm starting to see it now too. Plus Ron Edwards is only signed for one year and Tim Anderson has struggled a bit in camp.

The only thing that worries me is that it would hurt our chances to re-sign Nate Clements before the season. We wouldn't have any money left.

Here's an idea...

They are desperate for a WR and we have two 3rd rounders...so...

Bills get DT Corey Simon

Eagles get WR Josh Reed and Buffalo Bills 3rd round pick.

399146[/snapback]

You're either being sarcastic, or my paranoia is correct and no one even bothers to read my posts.

Here's an idea...

They are desperate for a WR and we have two 3rd rounders...so...

Bills get DT Corey Simon

Eagles get WR Josh Reed and Buffalo Bills 3rd round pick.

399146[/snapback]

Bills get DT Corey Simon

Eagles get bills 3rd rounder and Flyers get Martin Biron. :)

I'm starting to see it now too.  Plus Ron Edwards is only signed for one year and Tim Anderson has struggled a bit in camp.

The only thing that worries me is that it would hurt our chances to re-sign Nate Clements before the season.  We wouldn't have any money left.

399147[/snapback]

I'm not sure about that. We'd have plenty of $$ left because Clements is making a good salary this year. We could give him a bonus and a lower salary this year. The bonus would be amortized over the length of the contract.

We certainly have enough $$ to sign Simon AND Clements. And for next year, please remember we won't have Drew's dead cap dollars counting against the cap.

I was pretty surprised to hear this too. The Bills getting better at DE would make an already tough defense pretty dominant. ST's are no longer hold-your-breath scary - in fact, they're one of the best.

The defense and ST's are going to hand JP a LOT of short-field drives to work with. If the Bills have a solid running game, this kid is not going to have to be the second coming of Jim Kelly. If there's not a total disaster at LT, Trent Dilfer-level play could take this team to the playoffs. Still big ifs; I'm just saying.

Get better at DE? Holy crap.