Gotta Admit, JP's Performance is Concerning...

All those hours he's been putting in...all the talk of him hanging out with Wyche and working around the clock and carrying a briefcase, and WHAT?

Some see an amazing catch by Parrish and I see a poorly thrown ball by a guy who shouldn't be throwing a ball that poorly.

And two picks? And four sacks? Where's the elusiveness? Where's the strong arm? Where's the JP we've all been waiting for? This kids getting some big bucks and he better start getting it together now because we don't have any time to waste.

It's bad enough we've got a left tackle getting spun around like a NYC subway turnstile. J Mac better have something up his sleeve at that spot because it's obvious JP has enough problems trying to throw a football in practice, let alone worrying about his blind side all season.

Damn.

All those hours he's been putting in...all the talk of him hanging out with Wyche and working around the clock and carrying a briefcase, and WHAT?

Some see an amazing catch by Parrish and I see a poorly thrown ball by a guy who shouldn't be throwing a ball that poorly.

And two picks? And four sacks? Where's the elusiveness? Where's the strong arm? Where's the JP we've all been waiting for? This kids getting some big bucks and he better start getting it together now because we don't have any time to waste.

It's bad enough we've got a left tackle getting spun around like a NYC subway turnstile. J Mac better have something up his sleeve at that spot because it's obvious JP has enough problems trying to throw a football in practice, let alone worrying about his blind side all season.

Damn.

394472[/snapback]

Damn, you're using a big net today.

Wow. 2 practices and your writing off some guys already? At least wait until the GAMES count. Even the Pre-season means jack Schitt....

394481[/snapback]

It's moulds that I'm worried about. I haven't read one positive comment about his perfomance. Plenty about Evans and #11, but nothing about Moulds. Someone even mentioned Reed having a great practice. Moulds has lost it. I wouldn't be surprised to see him demoted.

It's moulds that I'm worried about.  I haven't read one positive comment about his perfomance.  Plenty about Evans and #11, but nothing about Moulds.  Someone even mentioned Reed having a great practice.  Moulds has lost it.  I wouldn't be surprised to see him demoted.

394488[/snapback]

Or cut. A receiver who can't catch and a QB who can't throw. And, from what I've read...a RB a little too quick to get to the hole. What's he trying to prove, anyway?

In other news, Mickey Spagnola says that Drew Bledsoe is the key to the Cowboys' performance this year.

Developing....

394503[/snapback]

There's a house a few blocks from mine (which I drive by every day) and they put out there Cowboys flag the day their training camp open. I give them credit for being diligent, but I just drove by, saw the flag, shook my head and thought "I hope he's better for you than he was for us, neighbor."

There's a house a few blocks from mine (which I drive by every day) and they put out there Cowboys flag the day their training camp open. I give them credit for being diligent, but I just drove by, saw the flag, shook my head and thought "I hope he's better for you than he was for us, neighbor."

394506[/snapback]

I do believe that this will be the most entertaining football season in a long, long time.

Sorry, in this game of NFL football, you can't win consistently without a good quarterback. He doesn't have to be All-Pro, but he can't be average, either. And no matter how you cut it, the Cowboys' quarterback play has been average at best over the past four seasons. Thus, a 26-38 record.

HAHAHA Drew's record in his last 4 seasons as a full time starter (Buf 2002-04, NE 2000)? Anybody know? Its 28-36! I am going to love living down here in TX with all these Cowgirls fans! This team is going to blow and with Drew's "mobility" combined with Larry Allen being too much of a fat ass to play this team is headed for a 3-4 win season. Its fun watching the Girls' fans being disillussioned just like us Bills fans 4 yrs ago! Bledsoe is below average at best and has been for the last 5 or 6 years. Bill Parcells needs to take his man-titties and just retire because Bledsoe is done. And so are the Cowboys.

I really think that Mularkey and his coaching staff are going to be some of the best coaches in the NFL, in time. With that being said they are seeing the same stuff that the reporters are ie. Mike09754?, Tgreg, Nick in RaChaCha and the others that attend. Things will be corrected. I look at it this way... If they can draw up decent enough game plans to play to JP's strengths and weaknesses then we will be fine. We won 9 games (should've been 10) with Bledsoe as a starter. Enough said.

However the only thing that really concerns me is that LT position. I really do believe that they are strongly taking a look at Duke Preston's progress before they make a move. Whether it be via FA or shifting the line around.

I'm not drawing up conclusions on anything until I see it for myself (Texans Game).

Have confidence.

He must complete like 60 percent of his passes. He must throw for at least close to 3,000 yards, if not more. He must drop like 20 touchdown passes on the league. And he had better not end up with a 20 spot when it comes to interceptions.

And . . . and . . . is it asking too much for the Cowboys' leading quarterback to be sacked fewer than the at least 34 they have suffered in each of the past three seasons?

I don't know how this thread turned its focus to Bledsoe but this article is just too freakin much. IN his last 2 years Bledsoe was under 60% in completion percentage. And i dont think any Bills fan needs to be reminded of Bledsoe's "pat pat pat sack" style of play behind the line. If Larry Allen can't push himself away from the buffett long enough to get on the field Bledsoe will be sacked at least 34 times.

Sorry, in this game of NFL football, you can't win consistently without a good quarterback. He doesn't have to be All-Pro, but he can't be average, either. And no matter how you cut it, the Cowboys' quarterback play has been average at best over the past four seasons. Thus, a 26-38 record.

HAHAHA Drew's record in his last 4 seasons as a full time starter (Buf 2002-04, NE 2000)? Anybody know? Its 28-36! I am going to love living down here in TX with all these Cowgirls fans! This team is going to blow and with Drew's "mobility" combined with Larry Allen being too much of a fat ass to play this team is headed for a 3-4 win season. Its fun watching the Girls' fans being disillussioned just like us Bills fans 4 yrs ago! Bledsoe is below average at best and has been for the last 5 or 6 years.  Bill Parcells needs to take his man-titties and just retire because Bledsoe is done. And so are the Cowboys.

394510[/snapback]

Bless you SACTOBILLSFAN.

I am worried about JP as well. Careers are made and lost on first practices after being named starters. All the great ones...Starr, Montana, Elway, Manning..all had great first practices after being named the starter.

JP is already behind....Collins, Johnson, Bledsoe, Van Pelt, Flutie--add the name Losman to the pile of unsuccessful Kelly replacements. Into the abyss...

Damn.

394472[/snapback]

I am worried about JP as well.  Careers are made and lost on first practices after being named starters.  All the great ones...Starr, Montana, Elway, Manning..all had great first practices after being named the starter. 

JP is already behind....Collins, Johnson, Bledsoe, Van Pelt, Flutie--add the name Losman to the pile of unsuccessful Kelly replacements.  Into the abyss...

394515[/snapback]

And they say sarcasm doesn't translate well on a message board. :D

Damn.

394472[/snapback]

Wow, I don't know why I'm surprised that some lamebrain would already be willing to throw JP to the curb after just a couple of practices but I am.

You need a valium, because maybe, just maybe, JP was a little overhyped. I bet he overthrows a lot of receivers this year and throw many god awfuls picks. But then again, that's part of being a rookie QB (and he's really a rookie). Let him learn, make his maistakes and hopefully learn from them. All good QB went through a nasty learning curve.

god, after day of camp!

It's moulds that I'm worried about.  I haven't read one positive comment about his perfomance.  Plenty about Evans and #11, but nothing about Moulds.  Someone even mentioned Reed having a great practice.  Moulds has lost it.  I wouldn't be surprised to see him demoted.

394488[/snapback]

I don't think his 88 catches from last year merit any special consideration this year. Look for him to be back on special teams.

It's too early to say anything, of course.

But I'd really rather he looked great than looked average.  But he doesn't seem like a practice kind of player anyway.

394485[/snapback]

And if he looked great, someone wound be moaning about the defense!!! Oh my, a second year QB, (really a rookie), is beating the crap out of our defense...oh where oh where is Pat W. we're doooomed!!

Relax boys and girls or you'll never make it to preseason... :D

Wow, I don't know why I'm surprised that some lamebrain would already be willing to throw JP to the curb after just a couple of practices but I am.

You need a valium, because maybe, just maybe, JP was a little overhyped.  I bet he overthrows a lot of receivers this year and throw many god awfuls picks.  But then again, that's part of being a rookie QB (and he's really a rookie).  Let him learn, make his maistakes and hopefully learn from them.  All good QB went through a nasty learning curve.

god, after day of camp!

394519[/snapback]

No. He is not a rookie.

Labz, I'm surprised atchoo. It was one practice. His first as The Man. How many first time starters looked brilliant in their first camp, let alone their first practice as #1?

You're smart. You know better than to start worrying NOW.

He looked great in preseason LAST YEAR. Right now he also has other players making mistakes, too. He'll improve as they play. He's a gamer. I bet he'll always perform better in games than in practice.

Give the kid some time before you start worrying. He's going to make his mistakes and some of them will be doozies. But I believe we'll all agree at the end of the season that he gave us a better chance to win games than Drew.

And he'll be better than any of THIS year's rookie QBs, which will further add weight to the "The trade for JP was brilliant" theory, to which I subscribe.

Have a beer, Labz.

Damn.

394472[/snapback]

I couldn't agree more. And we all know it's Ralph Wilson's fault.

If he wasn't so boner-mad in love with Bledsoe all along maybe DonnaHo would have drafted a real Quarterback instead of this stupid kid who never played the position since his Pop Warner days.

Oh the humanity!

Ralph, please sell the team to your business friends in Salt Lake City now! Save us the embarassment, the humiliation and yes, abject horror of another non-playoff season.

Please. We're begging you! Do it for our sake. I just can't take another incomplete pass. Not one! 0:)

Labz, I'm surprised atchoo. It was one practice. His first as The Man. How many first time starters looked brilliant in their first camp, let alone their first practice as #1?

You're smart. You know better than to start worrying NOW.

He looked great in preseason LAST YEAR. Right now he also has other players making mistakes, too. He'll improve as they play. He's a gamer. I bet he'll always perform better in games than in practice.

Give the kid some time before you start worrying. He's going to make his mistakes and some of them will be doozies. But I believe we'll all agree at the end of the season that he gave us a better chance to win games than Drew.

And he'll be better than any of THIS year's rookie QBs, which will further add weight to the "The trade for JP was brilliant" theory, to which I subscribe.

Have a beer, Labz.

394558[/snapback]

I'm surprised at you, too, bro. I thought for sure by now you'd recognize my sarcasm. 0:)

I couldn't agree more. And we all know it's Ralph Wilson's fault.

If he wasn't so boner-mad in love with Bledsoe all along maybe DonnaHo would have drafted a real Quarterback instead of this stupid kid who never played the position since his Pop Warner days.

Oh the humanity!

Ralph, please sell the team to your business friends in Salt Lake City now! Save us the embarassment, the humiliation and yes, abject horror of another non-playoff season.

Please. We're begging you! Do it for our sake. I just can't take another incomplete pass. Not one!  0:)

394569[/snapback]

I agree with this, lets just hope day 2 of practice turns this around, if the guy still looks rusty on day 3 of practice I will sell my tickets.