MORE BOMBINGS IN LONDON

"He said a man was carrying a rucksack and the rucksack suddenly exploded. It was a minor explosion but enough to blow open the rucksack.

"The man then made an exclamation as if something had gone wrong. At that point everyone rushed from the carriage."

As noted, very sketchy here so far. This is from the CNN store linked in another thread. Hopefully the authorities have their hands on this guy.

Stay safe Nick.

4 incidents in London.

1 (NORTH). Reports appear to indicate thaat a nailbomb or detonators have exploded at Warren Street Tube Station. Reports of shots fired.

2 (SOUTH). Reports of smoke as Oval Station is evacuated.

3 (WEST). Shepherds Bush Tube station evacuated - reports that a man has thrown a package on the tube as the doors were clsoing.

4 (EAST). Windows blown out of a bus in Hackney. No massive explosion, but the whole area evacuated an no one is approaching the bus.

There is speculation that this is a series of bungled attempts...

No reported injuries or fatalities at the moment.

Metropolitan Police are currently NOT treating this as a 'major incident' but the situation is still unfolding.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4703777.stm

Dunno who these jokers are. If it's a practical joke they are making a good case to bring back captial punishment.

386974[/snapback]

It's having the desired effect though -- shut down portions of the Underground. Doesn't need to actually blow anything up.

Classic denial of service attack.

CW

There is speculation that this is a series of bungled attempts...

386970[/snapback]

Seems amateurish. Find a tough time believing the terrorists would bungle four attempts, however they do seem coordinated. Guess we will have to await the results of the investigations. First things first - keep the public safe.

Why would anyone copycat???????

Stupidity?

I think this is a coordinated attempt to disrupt and it has succeeded.

386999[/snapback]

Had this been a real, expert terrorist group, they'd have done a lot more than disrupt. It almost sounds like a college prank, it's so clumsy.

However, keep in mind...the information that comes out in the first 24 hours is almost always screwed up. We learned that two weeks ago. We're sure not going to understand what happened today any time this morning. All will be grokked in the fullness of time...

Seems amateurish. Find a tough time believing the terrorists would bungle four attempts, however they do seem coordinated. Guess we will have to await the results of the investigations. First things first - keep the public safe.

386991[/snapback]

What if one person made all the explosives and they didn't work? That would explain why they think only the detenators went off and no major explosion. A lot of the explosives used are homemade.

What if one person made all the explosives and they didn't work?  That would explain why they think only the detenators went off and no major explosion.  A lot of the explosives used are homemade.

387027[/snapback]

Possibly. Guess I am just a tad paranoid - all these seemingly bungled attempts appear to be experiments for some grander attack.

But I will stop at this post for fearing of hijacking the thread.

This comment will probably get this sent over to the PPP (sorry, I'm pissed and upset), but this is why we need to go to the mideast and clean house. Innocent civilians you say? F' them. We didn't care during WWII, and shouldn't now.

Stay safe Nick, and stay strong.

LATEST: Suspect arrested - believed he may have been targeting the building in which I work (MoD Main Building).

387034[/snapback]

I think your coming down with a case of the flu....a few days away might do you good.

Damn man.....hope you and your cooworkers will be OK...

I hate people.

387051[/snapback]

Ahr Ahr and Associates is unavailable. However, you infringing on VABills copyright for that statement. You are hereby ordered to cease. Any futher violations may result in legal actions.

Brilliant scenes out of my window: Armed Police flattening suspects on the street - muzzle of a large gun in their neck.

387095[/snapback]

Pictures? On second thought, nevermind.

CW

The TV and papers have been ordered to stop shooting pics in certain locations - don't want to give more ammo to those nutters in aQ

387101[/snapback]

Pictures, giving ammunition to the enemy? Sorry, but with that attitude, the West is destined to lose. They blow us up and large segments of our respective societies run around squawking about being "sensitive" to their "culture", instead of doing what needs to be done. Namely, finding those responsible, sewing them and their family into pig carcasses, and sinking them to the bottom of the sea. Then broadcast that on Al-Jazeera. Beheading isn't nearly the worst thing that can happen to a practioner of that cult, believe me.

They will always hate us... but this won't end until they fear us.