Most annoying commercial ever

Pete

"Hi, I'm Roni Deutch, and I'll settle your tax problems for only twenty dollars. TWENTY DOLLARS!!!"

OMG- this fuggin commercial is on every channel every commercial break any time of day. Is this commercial national?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tough call, but I'd have to go with that parasitic human tick Matthew Lesko trying to get people to suck off the public teat instead of contributing something to society for which they should be compensated.

He narrowly beats out Darius Rucker shilling chicken sandwiches, and the local condescending gestapos of various constituencies trying to convince you that "click-it-or-ticket" is remotely about anything other than revenue generation.

Worst commercial out there right now is that "Good to Go." Taco Bell commercial for that 'new' Taco Bell wrap thingy that supposedly is all wrapped up so you can eat it on the go - like the thing won't fall apart instantly once you hold it like everything else TB makes. BTW, I put the "new" in "'new' Taco Bell wrap thingy" in quotations because every single thing on the TB menu is the same as everything else on the TB menu.

One of the most vile recent commercials, IMO, is an AllTel ad where a woman is choking in a restaurant. When she recovers, she says she can't believe the deal on Alltel cell phones, etc. That's what she was choking about.

Then another person starts choking.

Pretty foul stuff, especially if you know anyone who has ever actually choked to death (or nearly so).

Here in Buffalo, it's "Marineland". They saturate all the channels here with the same stupid commercial with the same stupid song, every year, all summer long. I usually watch channel 7 news while I'm making eating my dinner. The commercial is on like clockwork every 1/2 hour. Once between 5:00-5:30, again between 5:30-6:00, and again between 6:00-6:30. If I leave the TV on to watch ABC Evening news, it's on once there, and once again during Wheel of Fortune, and once again during Jeopardy. I normally watch channel 2 news at 11:00, in part because I like to watch Jay Leno afterwords, and the same commercial is on, normally right before the sports report. I was flipping channels the other day, and the same commercial was even on PBS, which I thought didn't show any commercials. I collect Star Trek episodes, and I have tapes that are 5 or possibly even 10 or more years old, with the same stupid commercial, like clockwork, twice during each hour-long episode. That commercial is primarily responsible for the mute button wearing out on my universal remote, forcing me to buy a new one. :lol:

No, the stupidest commercial is the Nissan (I think) commercial where a guy and his dog are sitting in the family room in recliners watching TV, and the dog asks the owner to be walked. The guy says no and the dog says "if it's the leash you have a problem with, I hear there's a $199 leash at Nissan." Then the owner laughs and says "it's a lease." Oy!

Remember Fantasy Island's "Fun Wow" campaign that lasted 18 years.

That was almost as painful as taking the kids to Fantasy Island.

382965[/snapback]

I'm from Grand Island...I think I only went to 'Fantasy Island' once.

You've obviously never been subjected to a commercial for "Mentos."

382908[/snapback]

Mentos definitely! And the worst one of the lot - the idiot wearing a business suit who sits on a freshly painted park bench, pops a mentos, and comes up with the 'brilliant' idea to roll himself on the rest of the bench to create an instant pin striped suit.

Those Madison Ave. geniuses!

Any of those ant-smoking commercials from truth.com.

Makes me want to go out and buy a pack (and my dad died of lung cancer)

382944[/snapback]

Agreed. It's done by a group of punks who look like the types who do ecstacy and smoke pot regularly.

My personal least favorite is Jaret from Subway. I have personally boycotted the place because of my extreme dislike of the nerd.