Hot Pockets?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hot Pockets has to do with the short attention span of Americans, ie they can only concentrate on something for about as long as it takes to microwave a Hot Pocket.

"Jump the Shark" basically means something went from being good to sucking or being a parody of itself. It's in reference to the Happy Days episode in Hawaii where Fonzie took up a challenge to waterski and jump over a caged shark.

I can't figure out "jump the shark", either.

365302[/snapback]

"Jump The Shark" is the moment something (usually a TV show) begins to suck. On Happy Days, in the later years, there was an episode where Fonzie actually jumped a shark on water skis. This is sort of held up as a perfect example of a show having run out of ideas.

Other people suggest that the true "Jump The Shark" moment for Happy Days was when Ted McGinnley joined. (Strangely, Ted McGinnley is a Jump The Shark candidate for several other shows, including Married With Children and The Love Boat).

Anyway, the Jump The Shark idea has taken off. There's a pretty funny website about it all...

http://www.jumptheshark.com/

Hot Pockets has to do with the short attention span of Americans, ie they can only concentrate on something for about as long as it takes to microwave a Hot Pocket.

"Jump the Shark" basically means something went from being good to sucking or being a parody of itself.  It's in reference to the Happy Days episode in Hawaii where Fonzie took up a challenge to waterski and jump over a caged shark.

365307[/snapback]

Thanks.

You're welcome.  Interestingly enough, Happy Days actually ran over 100 more episodes after it "Jumped the Shark", proving that Americans were always guilty of Hot Pockets mentality.

365332[/snapback]

You really brought that one full circle, mi amigo. Nice job.

OH, my GOD, there actually was an explainantion to those.

I always thought it was some secret code men had like when the finally filled us in on the initials that stood for the ugly girlfriend thing

I always thought it was some secret code men had like when the finally filled us in on the initials that stood for the ugly girlfriend thing

Yeah - not fair.

We women would never have secret codes or acronyms to describe men.

:blink:

OH, my GOD,  there actually was an explainantion to those.

365357[/snapback]

ahhh, sorta like DSL? (and no not the internet service)

but what that one means, i am not at liberty to say :blink:

So did that Happy Days episode just suck, or was it a parody of itself?

365376[/snapback]

An episode of "Arrested Development" last fall had a scene where a character played by Henry Winkler was leaving a room, saw a toy shark on the floor, and then blatently jumped over it.