Biggest Bills as-hole

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely Doug Flutie. He screamed at my 70 year old mother and others for wanting a picture with him. He didn't want to be bothered by fans. After I pointed out what a jerk he was acting like, he grudgingly let it happen. On the other hand, Jumbo was just the opposite, he was so cool with fans.

365212[/snapback]

When I asked him, Flutie kicked my puppy and spit on my mom.

:blink:

Jim Kelly.

365040[/snapback]

I concur, I remember as a kid going to M&T Bank to meet Kelly for a signing, a kid a few places ahead of me had a poster which Kelly would not sign. Instead he was handing out a mass produced black&white headshot of Jim and had the "autograph" set in the picture.

Not really a Buffalo Bill **** story but an **** story none the less. It was back in the 90's and John Fina was signing autographs for a bunch of small children, everyone was smiling and laughing, you know, just having fun. Then all of a sudden this guy comes walking up toward John Fina, he had a RJ jersey on, well he starts pushing the little children out of the way, some of them falling to the ground. Well Fina grabs this guy by the throat and throws him to the ground. When that happened I yelled "Look, RJ sacked again!!"

Fina finally let him go, so he ran off saying something about John Fina's wife, crying like a little girl.

John went back to signing autographs for all the little children, truly a nice guy.It was a pleasure to have met him. :blink:

Not really a Buffalo Bill **** story but an **** story none the less. It was back in the 90's and John Fina was signing autographs for a bunch of small children, everyone was smiling and laughing, you know, just having fun. Then all of a sudden this guy comes walking up toward John Fina, he had a RJ jersey on, well he starts pushing the little children out of the way, some of them falling to the ground. Well Fina grabs this guy by the throat and throws him to the ground. When that happened I yelled "Look, RJ sacked again!!"

Fina finally let him go,  so he ran off saying something about John Fina's wife, crying like a little girl.

John went back to signing autographs for all the little children, truly a nice guy.It was a pleasure to have met him.  :blink:

365359[/snapback]

So Fina didn't choke you all that hard. A true happy ending.

Andre Reed was definitely less than plesant on a few occasions at some autpgraph signings...we went as cub scouts and he took our stuff and then brushed us away when we were done...boy was my dad pissed...

Definitely Doug Flutie. He screamed at my 70 year old mother and others for wanting a picture with him. He didn't want to be bothered by fans. After I pointed out what a jerk he was acting like, he grudgingly let it happen. On the other hand, Jumbo was just the opposite, he was so cool with fans.

365212[/snapback]

Let me guess, there weren't any media personnel around, were there?

Travis seemed to be really nice. Met him at an airport a few years ago and ended up giving him and his girlfriend (she was at least 20 <_< ) back to his OP condo. He ran around his house for about 15 mins looking for things to autograph to pay me back for the ride. Very nice, very genuine.

Travis seemed to be really nice.  Met him at an airport a few years ago and ended up giving him and his girlfriend (she was at least 20 :lol: ) back to his OP condo.  He ran around his house for about 15 mins looking for things to autograph to pay me back for the ride.  Very nice, very genuine.

365453[/snapback]

Did he run out of money and couldn't take a cab? <_<

Okay, not Bills related, but a funny autograph story:

In addition to being a Bills fan, I am a Boston Celtcs fan as well. In 1989 (I think), Larry Bird had a new book out called "Drive". For Christmas that year, I got a copy of the book, with a pair of tickets to see the Celtics and the NJ Nets play in NJ. I was living in NYC at the time. Anyway, we got to the game early, to watch the shoot arounds, and I brang my copy of Birds' book with me, hoping, somehow, to meet him, and get it signed.

We were down close to the court, behind the Celtics bench, for the warm-ups. Everytime Bird was just standing, hand on hips, wathcing, I would yell "LARRY", trying to get his attention. I was pretty close to him, I am sure he heard, but he just kept ignoring me, which was fine.

So, after the shoot around, the players go to their respective locker rooms, and I figure I am out of luck. My one last chance is to get him in the tunnel, which we happen to be sitting very close too, at game time. So, the lights go down, the PA announcer is introducing the Nets players, and I look down in the tunnel, and there are all of the Celtics, within spitting distance. I give it one more try! "LARRY....LARRY" I yell, leaning over the rail, holding the book and a sharpie out! Larry doesn't look my way, but Kevin McHale reaches up, grabs the book, and writes "LARRY BIRD" across the front, and hands it back laughing. So, in effect, I got my Bird book, with a forged signature, signed by Kevin McHale...think I should sue McHale for ruining my book, and for the emotional distress? <_<

Did he run out of money and couldn't take a cab?  <_<

365460[/snapback]

Maybe the money was gone because he was paying the girl. Travis ain't the best lookin dude in the world. Be that as it may i offered to give him a ride as he was one of my favorite bills at that time and it was really cool. Ran into him about a half dozen more times after that and he always remembered my face which was nice. Just a cool Bills story that i have. (Also he was wearing a full length Coogi jumpsuit, had to have cost some serious bank... i mean damn TH, can't you just get some RocaWear and then still be able to pay your bills).

Let me guess, there weren't any media personnel around, were there?

365439[/snapback]

Nope.

He was there to play in his band and didn't want to be bothered by any fans.

He kept yelling for security and compalining that fans were bothering him. (They weren't)

People just wanted pictures taken or autographs, not a mob scene either, it was a few here and there. He was a total jerk.

Note these were ALL at scheduled signings, not during their personal time.

Phil Hanson - took the time to speak to everyone and even had free color photo cards he was signing.

Smerlas - signed my jersey, a card, and a copy of his autobiography

Thurman - was very short with fans after a taping of the TT show WAY back when it was filmed on Humboldt St in Rochester. Ten years later he was very nice at Eastview Mall

Reed - was obviously bored stiff and had no personality. To be fair this was after a full day of practice and guest spot on the TT show.

Ballard and Odomes - you handed what you wanted signed to a guy who handed it to the player, who handed it to another guy, who gave it back to you. One item per person - REAL personal. <_< Both were gone as free agents soon afterwards

Pat Washington - a real funny guy - joked with everyone

Flutie - was very nice and took time to say a few words with fans, especially kids

That's all I can remember for now.