Biggest Bills as-hole

During the 1976 season I visited training camp at Niagara U.

I was able to get OJ, Fergy, Joe. D, and a bunch of others.

All the players were real nice to us that day.

We even bumped into Mr Wilson, who was not quite as respected

as he is today. He signed for me, and chatted us up for quite a while.

The only negative situation we encountered that day was when

Head Coach Jim Ringo got really pissy with us.

He was a real prick. I was happy to see he was canned soon

afterward.

367791[/snapback]

I thought OJ held out that summer? I remember going to Niagara on a summer camp field trip and being all excited, then pissed because O.J. wasn't there. Didn't he miss all of camp that year?

Not trying to play gotcha. Just wondering if maybe you had the year wrong?

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ending of the story is the great satisfaction I got 30 something years later when Duke Snider was busted for not reporting his Autograph income.  Justice was served. :angry:

368519[/snapback]

:doh::P:lol:

A friend of mine went down to Pittsburgh when he was a kid to see the Cardinals play the Pirates in a weekend series. They stayed at the Cards' team hotel and one morning he saw Red Schoendienst in the lobby (this was during the early '80s when Red was a coach). Not doing anything, not talking to anybody, just hanging around. He excitedly ran up to him and said, real respectfully, "Mr. Schoendienst, could I please have your autograph, sir?" Ol' Red just looked right through him and walked off.

Uh oh I think BF's gonna be in this thread soon. :D

On the other hand, I once met Stan Musial at a celebrity softball game in St. Louis during the late '70s and the Man couldn't have been nicer to everyone, chatting up all the kids and signing 'til his hand near fell off. For free. They don't make 'em like Stan the Man anymore.

After the workouts, my wife kept pushing me to get some autographs. I don't really give a damn about autographs and didn't want to bother with it. Finally, I approached a couple of the players. The first was John Fina, who had his leg all wrapped and iced, sitting on a golf cart, was talking up some chick who I'm guessing wasn't his sister. I extended my hand, sharpie, and football, and asked him to sign. He gave me the biggest eat shiite look, then reluctantly signed it. Made me feel about 2 inches tall.

BTW - I was in the neighborhood for some work-related stuff yesterday and drove by Takeo's new Atlanta crib.  Didn't see him out front, but if I had, I definitely wouldn't have asked for his autograph. His house backs up to a main road. Maybe next time I drive by, I'll throw the worthless Fina/Hull football over the fence and into his pool.

366477[/snapback]

That right there my friend is why athletes get fired up at signing all the time. Poor ole Fina trying to get a little, and your up in his grill trying to get an autograph :(

Seriously, used to see Kelley and the crew out in Williamsville at the Pierce Arrow in 87-88, they always seemed nice enough to me. Course, I could never understand the fascination with autographs, so never bothered asking them. They were there to kick back a few and chat up some women so let em have a beer in piece. Never`really approached any of the Bills players there.

Guy mentioned Isiah Robertson earlier. He actually came to our house and met my parents as he was going on a date with my sister.. I wasn't allowed to be around as my sister thought I would embarras her.