Biggest Bills as-hole

:blink: OK, especially those of you who live in Buffalo and have asked for autographs, tried to have a conversation, etc. Who is number one in arrogance, rudeness, and self-importance? Share your nomination and the reason.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe that is spelled, ass.

364929[/snapback]

:blink: Congratulations on your ability to spell a three letter word! (I was only trying to avoid the word police, in case you were unable to figure that out).

I've only been getting autographs after games for a few years, but Travis Henry was a player that sticks in my mind as someone who refused to sign.

364925[/snapback]

And I can sense this thread is about to go downhill quickly...

I think it is unfair to judge a player by whether or not he will sign an autograph on a certain occasion. I have been getting autographs and meeting players for a long time and I have been turned down sometimes and also treated very nicely by the same player on another occasion.

Just because a guy doesnt sign or doesnt always respond doesnt mean he is an "as" or "ass" - they are just people and don't always feel like being bothered.

An example is someone said travis henry turned them down, henry was one of the nicest players i have ever met and think its proof not to judge players but things of that nature.

Really?

365017[/snapback]

No, not really! I just thought it would be a funny response...I was anticipating a slew of Doug Flutie, Thurman Thomas, Jim Kelly and Bruce Smith responses...

Actually, back in the 1990's, I got the idea, from my nephew, to get cards autogrpahed of all the Super Bowl team players who had cards, through the mail. Every single one of them responded (about 35 players) except for Mark Kelso and Keith McKellar. Bruce Smith took about a year to respond, everyone else responded within a month or two. I gave McKellar a pass, because he left the team shortly after I sent my letter, and then signed with the Broncos, before being cut. Kelso, however, I mailed to twice, and received no response. I don't seriously think that makes him an a-hole though.

I will say, over the years, having met many players in person, Joe Ferguson, Jerry Butler, Andre Reed, Kenneth Davis, Roosevelt Leaks and Leon Seals were all great guys...err, I mean not as-holes! :blink:

I havent seen any that were really mean, the nicest i have ever met would have to be Lawyer Milloy, Trey Teague, and the Running back coach Rric Studsville (spelling of his name is likely wrong). Teague actually came up to me and my buddies at a club one time. Moulds was there too with all his crew, but teague shared the same taste in dancers as my buddy so he came and sat with us for a bit, it was durring the season when he was injured.

Never had a real problem with anyone. Jimbo was moody when I was on a plane with him, but was great hanging out at a bar. The coolest had to be Tim Vogler, who couldn't believe I knew who he was...he just about gave me a $20. The funniest is when I had just changed my C.Bennett jersey into a Mark Maddox 55 and picked it up the same day we were bowling on the lane next to him and Oliver Barnett. I went to the car and got it, and they were freaking that someone actually had a Maddox jersey. I gave his wife the name of the place I had it done because she wanted to get some made up. Good times.

Kelly said he won't sign for adults, only for kids and if they have one thing to sign. Some parents were giving their kids a ton of stuff and then selling it. The former head of our Bills Backers group got a ton of players to sign our banner when he went to training camp.

No, not really!  I just thought it would be a funny response...I was anticipating a slew of  Doug Flutie, Thurman Thomas, Jim Kelly and Bruce Smith responses...

Actually, back in the 1990's, I got the idea, from my nephew, to get cards autogrpahed of all the Super Bowl team players who had cards, through the mail.  Every single one of them responded (about 35 players) except for Mark Kelso and Keith McKellar.  Bruce Smith took about a year to respond, everyone else responded within a month or two.  I gave McKellar a pass, because he left the team shortly after I sent my letter, and then signed with the Broncos, before being cut.  Kelso, however, I mailed to twice, and received no response. I don't seriously think that makes him an a-hole though. 

I will say, over the years, having met many players in person, Joe Ferguson, Jerry Butler, Andre Reed, Kenneth Davis, Roosevelt Leaks and Leon Seals were all great guys...err, I mean not as-holes! :blink:

365054[/snapback]

My story is of a Bill being a great guy.

My wife did something along that lines at the previous library she was at. When they got rid of the card catalog, they sent the cards out to the authors to sign and return... They then auctioned them off to the highest bidder, the proceeds went to build a new children's wing of the library... It was kinda cool. Children's authors/illustrators drew pictures on the cards. Eric Clapton sent his back signed. At that time, John Holechek was playing for the Bill's. He grew up in the town (Steger) I am living in and his mother was on the original founding board of trustees for the library district. He donated a singned team Bills' NFL football, $500 Bills leather jacket, signed upclose picture of him sacking Dan Marino :lol: and other stuff for the auction. Being from Buffalo he even gave me a signed 2000 team photo.

The big people here that never signed or returned the catalog cards were:

Michael Jordan

Oprah Winfrey (you'd think she would sign because she is a reading advocate)

;)

Bruce Smith, no doubt. He - or a member of his entourage - was arrogant and rude on several occasions when my wife or daughter simply asked for an autograph. Bruce was a great player, but a lousy human being.

Guys like Kelly and Thomas posed to have their pictures taken with my wife and daughter, and Flutie, Andre Reed, Ruben Brown and several others were gracious about autographs.

It has got to get trying. People wanting to pose for pictures, autographs, etc... I'd tell people to get lost, get a life!

Good thing I am not a famous... I would probably be the biggest a-hole?

O wait, I am not famous and that still holds true. :blink:

Hero worship has always bothered me... Sorry, I have no tolerance for it.

Like the time Bruce Willis came into the supermarket in Long Lake, NY trying to be low key... People were all a buzz... I think I felt embarassed for him that people were carrying on... Let the man be!

It has got to get trying.  People wanting to pose for pictures, autographs, etc...  I'd tell people to get lost, get a life!

Good thing I am not a famous... I would probably be the biggest a-hole?

O wait, I am not famous and that still holds true. :blink:

Hero worship has always bothered me.

365092[/snapback]

Unfortunately, it comes with the rarified air of fame and fortune.