Six Years Ago Today....

That means six years ago tonight, I was at the game. I was not aware of a big controversey, went to a bar on Chippewa, got drunk off my behind after the loss and finding out why and then proceeded to get thrown out of not one, not two but three bars (Two owned by friends of mine- first and only time I was ever tossed from a bar). Seems like forever ago. On a brighter note, the Rigases are to be sentenced to prison time at any moment.

362626[/snapback]

Which bars were you kicked out of? I was once kicked out of a bar named, "Dirtbags", not an easy chore. But three in one night is pretty impressive.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is amazing... Right off the bat I was screaming foul. My son just turned a year old... I was so livid, my wife thought I was gonna wake him.

That February, I was home (after my mother passed away) and watched the Sabres v. Montreal... They called back what appeared to be a last second winning goal for the Sabres because the scorer's (I think Satan's.. I forget) lace was in the crease... I was going crazy!

I was almost certain immediately that they would call back Hull's goal!

Yep the NHL was just conspiring to keep Buffalo from a championship.

362921[/snapback]

Read my post above! How do you explain the inconsistency with that Feb. Montreal game?

And don't give me that league bull crap that he passed/ carried it in?

They started calling EVERYTHING in the crease during the '98-'99 season!

If it (Hull's) goal happened during the season, it would have surely not counted.

Of course the league quickly changed the rules back for the '99-'00 season.

I didn't like the rule... But, it had to be enforced because it was called all year and it was still on the books!

Consistency?

It is amazing... Right off the bat I was screaming foul.  My son just turned a year old... I was so livid, my wife thought I was gonna wake him.

That February, I was home (after my mother passed away) and watched the Sabres v. Montreal... They called back what appeared to be a last second winning goal for the Sabres because the scorer's (I think Satan's.. I forget) lace was in the crease... I was going crazy!

I was almost certain immediately that they would call back Hull's goal!

362954[/snapback]

I think I remember the game you are talking about, but my memory was that it was Audette and no part of his body was physically in the crease. He had simply jumped over the crease. Apparently, he had violated the airspace over the crease and that was enough to disallow the goal, but Hull's goal counts. Unfugginreal!

Read my post above!  How do you explain the inconsistency with that Feb. Montreal  game?

And don't give me that league bull crap that he passed/ carried it in?

They started calling EVERYTHING in the crease during the '98-'99 season!

If it (Hull's) goal happened during the season, it would have surely not counted.

Of course the league quickly changed the rules back for the '99-'00 season.

I didn't like the rule... But, it had to be enforced because it was called all year and it was still on the books!

Consistency?

362955[/snapback]

thats exactly the reason why i am still so pissed <_< That season, every other goal scored in the league was overturned because someone had a pube in the crease...then therea a large portion of brett hull in the crease, but because its the Stanley Cup and Dallas is a big market, the refs give it to them...

Are you just naturally annoying or do you work at it?

Either way, you do a good job of it.

362978[/snapback]

No, but I'm tired of people talking about the Sabres and every other Buffalo team getting screwed and then coming back and telling everyone it only happens to their teams.

Get it J-Bone?

There was not one instance of a goal like Hull's being counted during the regular season or the playoffs. Not ONE. Was it a conspiracy? Probably not. Conspiracies imply competence and we all know that NHL officials and the front office led by Lawn Gnome Bettman isn't exactly exuding that.

It was simply a bad call and they were too spineless to overturn it. Happens everyday in society because people almost always take the easy way out.

No, but I'm tired of people talking about the Sabres and every other Buffalo team getting screwed and then coming back and telling everyone it only happens to their teams.

Get it J-Bone?

363209[/snapback]

So be a hypocrite. That certainly helps your case. <_<

So be a hypocrite.  That certainly helps your case. <_<

363216[/snapback]

Well a hypocrite would tell you that only their teams have gotten screwed in a sporting event. I believe the Sabres got screwed, but how many other fan bases have websites dedicated to blown calls? Do you see "www.nocontinuation.com" on the net after Larry Johnson got fouled, took two dribbles and shot a three pointer at the end of a playoff game to win it with a 4 point play?

How about "www.hefumbled.com" for Jerry Rice fumble against GB in that playoff game in '98?

Or here's my favorite one. And Don the Denk will love this one. Where is "www.hewasout.com"???

What's the website for the forward pass the Titans made?

Well a hypocrite would tell you that only their teams have gotten screwed in a sporting event.  I believe the Sabres got screwed, but how many other fan bases have websites dedicated to blown calls?  Do you see "www.nocontinuation.com" on the net after Larry Johnson got fouled, took two dribbles and shot a three pointer at the end of a playoff game to win it with a 4 point play?

How about "www.hefumbled.com" for Jerry Rice fumble against GB in that playoff game in '98?

Or here's my favorite one.  And Don the Denk will love this one.  Where is "www.hewasout.com"???

What's the website for the forward pass the Titans made?

363223[/snapback]

Have you ever breathed through your nose?

Have you ever breathed through your nose?

363226[/snapback]

Nice job avoiding the question.

Let me answer it for you and everyone else.

No, none of those sites exist. Blown calls happen all the time. Actually I agree with you Darin, the call was wrong and they were too spineless to overturn it. But don't expect any sympathy from me.