A classic quote from Sam Wyche re: JP Losman

beerme1

I love how whacko Sam is. Always have. I wish his vocal cords were better but then if they were, we wouldn't have him and his unique words of wisdom such as this:

"He's definitely on track," Wyche said. "Sometimes you get into a car and you and you go somewhere and say, 'I don't know where I'm going, but I'm making good time.' Well, he's making good time, and he knows where he's going, too."

Typical Wyche :unsure:

Here is the whole article. It is an interesting read. I like the bar thing at school.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/nfl/shownews.jsp?content=f06179A

I love how whacko Sam is. Always have. I wish his vocal cords were better but then if they were, we wouldn't have him and his unique words of wisdom such as this:

"He's definitely on track," Wyche said. "Sometimes you get into a car and you and you go somewhere and say, 'I don't know where I'm going, but I'm making good time.' Well, he's making good time, and he knows where he's going, too."

Typical Wyche  :devil:

Here is the whole article. It is an interesting read. I like the bar thing at school.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/nfl/shownews.jsp?content=f06179A

361134[/snapback]

Where is he going?

The quote was from back when Wyche was coach of the bengals. It was a cold and snowy day in Cincinnati and the fans started pelting the field with snowballs (don't remember why), coach had a microphone brought to him and he chastised the crowd by including that statement. (There's a local rivalry between Cleveland and Cincinnati, where neither thinks much of the other place)

It worked well, the fans stopped throwing.

You know...I got to thinking about this last night.....

I love how all the players and coaches are talking about JPL's work ethic....and of course I like the fact that he has a cannon....and can scramble.....and has the nice measurables of size and height......

but the thing that I really just have a strong feeling about since the Denver game of last year is that JPL just has "it"

"it" is that unexplainable intangible that just comes out when everything has fallen apart, we are on 4th down, and we deparately need a play to keep us going.....it cannot be taught.....

I wouldn't annoint JP as the Second Coming just quite yet..

361192[/snapback]

I don't think anyone has yet. We're all upbeat because of what the players and coaches have been saying about him and his work ethic. I think we all know he has a chance of being a failure.

I sure don't remember coaches and players talking about Todd Collins like this.

I don't think anyone has yet.  We're all upbeat because of what the players and coaches have been saying about him and his work ethic.  I think we all know he has a chance of being a failure.

I sure don't remember coaches and players talking about Todd Collins like this.

361196[/snapback]

Don't take this the wrong way, but this is the Era of Hype. If you care to search my posts, I was an early advocate of starting him. The pick was made, and DB was taking the club nowhere.

FA compresses an NFL team's chances, I know.

JP played in a podunk conference, took beau coup sacks, and if the Bills picked before rather that after PGH, they would have picked Ben R in a heartbeat instead of executing that trade.

JP earned a collegiate rep as a mouthy and selfish sort - I know he's lovey-dovey now - perhaps the $$$ angle, but I'm a believer in leopards and tigers not changing spots or stripes.

We can only wait and see.

Don't take this the wrong way, but this is the Era of Hype. If you care to search my posts, I was an early advocate of starting him. The pick was made, and DB was taking the club nowhere.

JP played in a podunk conference, took beau coup sacks, and if the Bills picked before rather that after PGH, they would have picked Ben R in a heartbeat instead of executing that trade.

JP earned a collegiate rep as a mouthy and selfish sort - I know he's lovey-dovey now - perhaps the $$$ angle, but I'm a believer in leopards and tigers not changing spots or stripes.

361205[/snapback]

Not sure where you got that he was selfish or even mouthy. As I understand it, he fought to keep the football program at Tulane alive, when he could have saved the effort and transfered to a college not in a podunk conference. To me, that would have been the selfish thing to do, jumping ship for a big school rather than fighting to stay in a bad football program.

The fact that he left UCLA because he wanted to be on his own, and then showed the leadership to save Tulane's program seem to be in line with the positive reports that we're getting from the Bills about his dedication to learning the system.

I'm not really worried about his attitude.

Of couse, he could have the read/recognition skills of a Bledsoe/Johnson hybrid, which would end the Losman era pretty quickly. That's the thing I'll be interested in come training camp and preseason.

361205[/snapback]

T :devil: his is maybe not what we want to hear and hope for, but a voice of rationality nevertheless. Let's see what he can do before getting too carried away. I'm just hoping he will be OK this year and that (plus what we have at other positions) will be enough to make the playoffs.

...a sturdy defence that finished second in fewest yards allowed last year to help control the clock.
If this fact is true, and I suspect it is, I am only further amazed that we did not make the post season. Somehow I feel like if we had played better against Pittsburgh, we may have been number one in this category, though I'm not in the mood to wake up the squirrel in charge of providing juice to the server at NFL.com.

Time to move on, regardless of this year's outcome.

361205[/snapback]

Exactly!

If you don't hype, you don't sell season tix.

I am very cynical

If this fact is true, and I suspect it is, I am only further amazed that we did not make the post season. Somehow I feel like if we had played better against Pittsburgh, we may have been number one in this category, though I'm not in the mood to wake up the squirrel in charge of providing juice to the server at NFL.com.

Time to move on, regardless of this year's outcome.

361436[/snapback]

Things happen for a reason. The Pitt fiasco was meant to be and good will come out of it.