A classic quote from Sam Wyche re: JP Losman

beerme1

I strictly go by what Sam Wyche is saying about JP and that gives me hope. I don't have any pie in the sky expectations of a first year starter lighting up the scoreboard. Rather, I view a young QB who will actually accepts being coached and put in the time to give the coaches the playbook they wish to use. Same goes for the backup QB Kelly Holcomb, who I have confidence in since he has a proven track record of coming off the bench and putting up big numbers. Both have been here working hard and reportedly have the offense down cold that the Coaches wish to run.

Nothing is proven until the real bullets start flying in Sept. but hard work and proper preparation are encouraging signs which have been absent at the QB position for a few years.

Somehow I feel like if we had played better against Pittsburgh, we may have been number one in this category, though I'm not in the mood to wake up the squirrel in charge of providing juice to the server at NFL.com.

Time to move on, regardless of this year's outcome.

361436[/snapback]

Well, I was in the mood after having my morning juice.

Pussburg averaged 258.4 yds/game vs.

The Bills average of 264.2 yds/game - or a 5.8 yds/game difference over 16 games.

That's a total of 92.8 yards over the season.

In the last game of last year - sometimes known as "The Ralph at The Ralph" Pussburg ran for a total of 160 yds. The Bills would to have had to either kept them to a total of 67 yds (93 yds fewer) or have run against their Aluminum Drapery Defense for 93 more yards than they did (which was 96 yds), OR any combination of the two - favorable in B'lo's direction -- and then they'd have grabbed the ethereal brass ring of being "Number One" in Defense (total yds allowed in regualr season). OoohRahhh!

An innerestin' factoid comparing those two D's is that Ben-the-Rookie-Rollshisbuggers left his D on the field for a total of 882 plays last year - or roughly 55 plays per game - which is an average of 18 1st-and-10 series of downs per game. Our esteemed ProBowl veteran QB left his D on the field for a total of 978 plays - or roughly 61 plays per game - which is an average of 20 1st-and-10's per game. The difference is (and perhaps was) enough to mean going to the Playoffs or playing golf in December.

"FORE! Aw, darn. I think I'm in the rough." said Bledsoe

"Fuggetaboudit Drew. You're going to like the links here around Dallas." said Parcells

"I've been hoping to hear those words coming from you Bill." said Bledsoe wiping a tear from the corner of this eye. "Thanks. It means so much to me."

but the thing that I really just have a strong feeling about since the Denver game of last year is that JPL just has "it"

"it" is that unexplainable intangible that just comes out when everything has fallen apart, we are on 4th down, and we deparately need a play to keep us going.....it cannot be taught.....

What "it" is, is the ability (read: speed and agility) to scramble and get out of trouble. But that can also be a double-edged sword, a la Vick, who takes a ton of sacks and exposes himself to injury because he believes that he CAN scramble to get out of trouble.