Really good Bills/Allen documentary

Posted (edited)

Stumbled across this on YouTube,  this guy has under 2k followers but looked at comments and had to check it out. It's depressing as well but they did a great job documenting Buf since 2017 and Mahomes as Allens white whale, even though he arguably outplayed him. Salute to KC though, many more wars to come. 

But if you have 50 minutes to kill, this is dope

What a wild few years, we'll get ours. Love yall

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, julian said:

I’ve stumbled across this a few times and the title alone has kept me from watching it.

ya it's interesting.  the production is on point though and alot of admiration and respect to the Bills . 

Idk , the comments reeled me in and ended up watching the whole thing 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

Watched the first 3 seconds and stopped watching 

Don't blame you. 

I can't lie I actually shed tears , been having a rough cpl weeks.  

Some tears of joy, some not but it felt good. 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, julian said:

I’ve stumbled across this a few times and the title alone has kept me from watching it.

"Firebaugh Redemption"?

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Doc said:

"Firebaugh Redemption"?

lol… I will say, once 17 finally raises that Lombardi after this seemingly insurmountable obstacle in KC is dispatched, it’s gonna feeling fawking epic.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, julian said:

lol… I will say, once 17 finally raises that Lombardi after this seemingly insurmountable obstacle in KC is dispatched, it’s gonna feeling fawking epic.

He's hoisting more then 1, I'd bet majority of my bank account if it was possible.  

That 2017 team was gritty asf , unbelievable what they did with that lack of talent 

This coaching is unbelievable,  if you watch and look at the lows of his rookie year, Allen was just staring WRs down, made a massive jump in his sophomore year and meteoric jump his junior year

Edited by JerseyBills

24 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

He's hoisting more then 1, I'd bet majority of my bank account if it was possible.  

That 2017 team was gritty asf , unbelievable what they did with that lack of talent 

This coaching is unbelievable,  if you watch and look at the lows of his rookie year, Allen was just staring WRs down, made a massive jump in his sophomore year and meteoric jump his junior year

I’m with ya, I really need the first to be soon because I will eventually be all the way out on McDermott and I don’t want to go into any season having a Josh Allen and thinking the coach will never be good enough or at least smart enough yo get out of Allen’s way.

The past two playoff games against KC could have gone either way, but since they didn't, people rush in with their Narratives about KC dominating, etc. As long as the Bills don't devolve into head cases and freeze up when they play them next, the law of averages will assert itself and they'll beat KC as often as they beat them. In fact, I can easily see KC never going to the Super Bowl again. The role of happenstance in football is a lot bigger than people think. So is biased refereeing. Did everyone see that Mahomes has had 53 interceptions overturned by penalty? Allen has had 7 overturned. 

• Disagree 1

5 minutes ago, finn said:

The past two playoff games against KC could have gone either way, but since they didn't, people rush in with their Narratives about KC dominating, etc. As long as the Bills don't devolve into head cases and freeze up when they play them next, the law of averages will assert itself and they'll beat KC as often as they beat them. In fact, I can easily see KC never going to the Super Bowl again. The role of happenstance in football is a lot bigger than people think. So is biased refereeing. Did everyone see that Mahomes has had 53 interceptions overturned by penalty? Allen has had 7 overturned. 

That was a fake statistic.  The numbers were about the same. However, I agree that randomness plays a much bigger role than folks are willing to admit.

Edited by Billy Claude

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, julian said:

I’m with ya, I really need the first to be soon because I will eventually be all the way out on McDermott and I don’t want to go into any season having a Josh Allen and thinking the coach will never be good enough or at least smart enough yo get out of Allen’s way.

See I'm still 100% behind McDermott and obviously Beane 

These losses have been razor thin, we've been legit SB contenders since 2020.

Haven't accomplished the mission but we're sooooooo close, a cpl tweaks away and McD is a huge part of that,  imo

I believe we're first in point differential in that time,  our coaching/F.O is elite, a cpl mistakes in big games doesn't erase that fact 

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Billy Claude said:

That was a fake statistic.  The numbers were about the same. However, I agree that randomness plays a much bigger role than folks are willing to admit.

Didn't know that. I should have verified the stat before passing it on. 

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

See I'm still 100% behind McDermott and obviously Beane 

These losses have been razor thin, we've been legit SB contenders since 2020.

Haven't accomplished the mission but we're sooooooo close, a cpl tweaks away and McD is a huge part of that,  imo

I believe we're first in point differential in that time,  our coaching/F.O is elite, a cpl mistakes in big games doesn't erase that fact 

I love everything about McDermott in the regular season, it’s his postseason defense that has to do more, I’m giving them somewhat of a pass for last years playoff defeat, the injuries were ridiculous.

Good coaches are let go because they haven’t been able to get it done, that happens and when you have a talent like Allen it amplifies the pressure on the HC.

They need to get lucky and be healthy in the playoffs, and that luck might be in the form of someone else knocking KC out in the WC or Div round.

• Like (+1) 3

4 hours ago, finn said:

The narrative about us being dominated on defense is based on nothing but data. We have allowed an average of 33.5 points, 441 yards, on 62.75 plays over the four playoff losses to KC and the Bengals. That is an average of 7.02 yards per play. No defensive team in the NFL has finished worse that 6.3 yards per play since 2020. So we are averaging almost a full yard more than what the worst defense in the NFL averages as they go thru a season. 

Based on EPA the 2020 Chiefs had the best offensives performance they would have all year against us, in the playoffs.

In 2021 they had the 3rd best offensive performance they would have all year against us in the playoffs.

In 2022 the Bengals had the 3rd highest performance all year against us in the playoffs. 

These teams aren't just playing well against us. They're turning in some of the best statistical outputs they had over 17-18 games. McD will force us to win shootouts. Not what you want from your defensive minded HC. Writing has been on the wall for awhile. 

Edited by Mikie2times
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Mikie2times said:

The narrative about us being dominated on defense is based on nothing but data. We have allowed an average of 33.5 points, 441 yards, on 62.75 plays over the four playoff losses to KC and the Bengals. That is an average of 7.02 yards per play. No defensive team in the NFL has finished worse that 6.3 yards per play since 2020. So we are averaging almost a full yard more than what the worst defense in the NFL averages as they go thru a season. 

Based on EPA the 2020 Chiefs had the best offensives performance they would have all year against us, in the playoffs.

In 2021 they had the 3rd best offensive performance they would have all year against us in the playoffs.

In 2022 the Bengals had the 3rd highest performance all year against us in the playoffs. 

These teams aren't just playing well against us. They're turning in some of the best statistical outputs they had over 17-18 games. McD will force us to win shootouts. Not what you want from your defensive minded HC. Writing has been on the wall for awhile. 

Yes, the most important constant on defense has been McDermott, who's been given a lot of talent to work with in his tenure. If he turns the show over to the new coordinator, maybe we'll see different results in the playoffs. I'll give him last year because of the injuries. But he choked against the Bengals, and his choke in the 13-second game might define his entire career. My impression, which might not be fair, is of a control freak who panics when the pressure is on, a HC who is plays not to lose. 

• Agree 1